Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: Polaroid A8 Tablet

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    A Place
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngarson View Post
    Would that Cyanogenmod install work on this Tablet ?? Polaroid A8
    I'm actually compiling one using some pieces from other Allwinner devices and some from the device. I'm just compiling a build to see what it would turn out to be, its probably gonna partially work. I might just compile an A20 3.4.13 kernel to ensure CM boots.

  2. #22
    Administrator guessyet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by andresinibus View Post
    i just downloaded the program and im wondering if you can give me a little guide on how to swap the internal sd with extsd as ive been trying to install nova 3 and i keep getting this error saying that i need an additional 822 mb of memory on my sd to install it on that note i noticed that the box says it has 4 gigs of memory* (* depending on how many apps you have installed) well for internal sd it only shows available 827.85 mb what am i supposed to do with that? thanks in advance
    Now that I have the other images up.. i will get one with this included..

  3. #23
    Administrator guessyet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by andresinibus View Post

    this is due to the pc.. i would look at drivers.. perhaps you need to uninstall your current android drivers and also uninstall your usb drivers.. and let your system pick them up again.. your usb drivers should be availible to the system without you having to provide them.. use one of the drivers i uploaded for the tablet driver. - BTW- if you are using one of the rooted roms i just uploaded 'adb notify' is disabled. the tablet will not tell you that adb debugging is on or connected to a pc in the status bar.

  4. #24
    ROM Developers elektrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by guessyet View Post
    this is due to the pc.. i would look at drivers.. perhaps you need to uninstall your current android drivers and also uninstall your usb drivers.. and let your system pick them up again.. your usb drivers should be availible to the system without you having to provide them.. use one of the drivers i uploaded for the tablet driver. - BTW- if you are using one of the rooted roms i just uploaded 'adb notify' is disabled. the tablet will not tell you that adb debugging is on or connected to a pc in the status bar.
    Folks, something to keep in mind-All the other Polaroids I've made ROMs for (of the allwinner A8 single core variety) show the device with a ! in the device manager, but work-this is normal operating procedure unfornately, and doesn't necessarily indicate a problem for the old live suite software. Even the newer Allwinner tablet I have (Onda Quad core) and uses Phoenix Suit has the exclamation in device manager and works properly. Only telling this cause I don't want you guys chasing wild geese when it may not be the driver at all.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    42

    I also have an A/S8 Polaroid tablet. Got it rooted and I've been looking all over the place for a CM9/CM10 ROM to install. Now...I know there isn't really one up but I'm more than willing to test a beta ROM. I'm fairly proficient and could most likely unbrick it should that happen.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    A Place
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphyre View Post
    I also have an A/S8 Polaroid tablet. Got it rooted and I've been looking all over the place for a CM9/CM10 ROM to install. Now...I know there isn't really one up but I'm more than willing to test a beta ROM. I'm fairly proficient and could most likely unbrick it should that happen.
    Well, I just got done compiling a CM11 ROM that is TWRP-flashable (well, it's CM). It's uploading on my drive, and I'll PM you when it's done uploading. It's a really huge zip (about 382 megs) I replaced some /system/libs as well. Hopefully it boots.

    But that 300-400 meg range is usually normal for an Allwinner firmware...

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by AManofFewWords View Post
    Well, I just got done compiling a CM11 ROM that is TWRP-flashable (well, it's CM). It's uploading on my drive, and I'll PM you when it's done uploading. It's a really huge zip (about 382 megs) I replaced some /system/libs as well. Hopefully it boots.

    But that 300-400 meg range is usually normal for an Allwinner firmware...
    Sweet, and that's about a typical size. I'll give it a shot and let ya know how it turns out.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    9
    Hey I also have this tablet I'm willing to beta test this rom for you as soon as i get root tomorrow morning, let me know if i could help as I have been searching all over the web for this...

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14

    A/S8 simple root

    I finally opened my tablet yesterday and updated it with the google bloatware from southerntelecom and for a while I thought I was going to be stuck with out working adb which means no root for me.
    SnapPea gave me adb back and I believe impactor rooted me in less than 30 seconds!! Great feeling. I am new to this forum and overly anxious to get flashing on this tab.. Are there and Custom Roms someone would recommend? Mods/TWEAKS/Apps. I am a member over @xda and the only custom RoM I will use as a daily driver is CyanogenMod cm11 android 4.4.2 Most Stable) on my old a%s Droid Razr xt912 Spyder (omap) with @dtrail1 JBX-Kernel which you can do anyting you want with!!

    Thank in advance..

  10. #30
    Administrator guessyet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1droidmod View Post
    I finally opened my tablet yesterday and updated it with the google bloatware from southerntelecom and for a while I thought I was going to be stuck with out working adb which means no root for me.
    SnapPea gave me adb back and I believe impactor rooted me in less than 30 seconds!! Great feeling. I am new to this forum and overly anxious to get flashing on this tab.. Are there and Custom Roms someone would recommend? Mods/TWEAKS/Apps. I am a member over @xda and the only custom RoM I will use as a daily driver is CyanogenMod cm11 android 4.4.2 Most Stable) on my old a%s Droid Razr xt912 Spyder (omap) with @dtrail1 JBX-Kernel which you can do anyting you want with!!

    Thank in advance..

    I have a pre-rooted rom up that you can use if you want. Currently, there has been no modifications to the loaded apps.. they are the identical to the original google-updated version.. I did make a few changes to the android os in order for it to usable for development. Things like forcing adb access at boot and such.. There are several tweaks added to speed up response. I also added TWRP recovery with working touch because the original recovery system sucked. The rom can be classified as 'stable' as the original but is honestly more..

    link to my AS8 pre-rooted rom thread.
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ROOTED-TWRP**

  11. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14

    Re: Polaroid A8 Tablet

    Quote Originally Posted by guessyet View Post
    I have a pre-rooted rom up that you can use if you want. Currently, there has been no modifications to the loaded apps.. they are the identical to the original google-updated version.. I did make a few changes to the android os in order for it to usable for development. Things like forcing adb access at boot and such.. There are several tweaks added to speed up response. I also added TWRP recovery with working touch because the original recovery system sucked. The rom can be classified as 'stable' as the original but is honestly more..

    link to my AS8 pre-rooted rom thread.
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ROOTED-TWRP**
    Thanks alot!!! I will give it a go.. I noticed after i rooted and started customizing to my liking a deep lag set in so speed tweaks are for sure a ++. Definitely a great deal for 90 dollars.

    Thanks again. I will post back after. Oh, when i flash this am I going to lose my apps? Or does app/data get restored also?

    XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
    hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!

  12. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14

    Re: Polaroid A8 Tablet

    Lol.. I downloaded this a bit earlier but have not flashed yet. Not sure if I will lose my stuff. I guess i will pick up a sd card. I was able to rebuild all my .apk's from my phone with lucky patcher and install on this tab, worked like a charm. I will lucky patch my Titanium Backup and just not worry about losing anything. I did read somewhere that with this tab (like my phone) we can swap internal/ext-storage.. Another plus.

    XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
    hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14

    Re: Polaroid A8 Tablet

    Quick question. I just bought a SanDisk Ultra micro sd card 8gig and Root Explorer does not see it but in System settings\storage it is there. Any ideas on a solution? I did reboot after install of card.

    Thanks.

    Sent from my A/S8 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by 1droidmod View Post
    Quick question. I just bought a SanDisk Ultra micro sd card 8gig and Root Explorer does not see it but in System settings\storage it is there. Any ideas on a solution? I did reboot after install of card.

    Thanks.

    Sent from my A/S8 using Tapatalk 2
    In Root Explorer is should in Ext_SDCARD or something like that and not in sdcard. (Folders wise that is, since it's mounted).

    See if there is an EXT_SDCARD folder somewhere in the root. Since the tablet shows that it's in, it should be there. That's where the external card is located.

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14

    Re: Polaroid A8 Tablet

    Ya' normally it is like that!!

    Sent from my A/S8 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388350646827.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	4520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388350629812.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	4519  

  16. #36
    Administrator guessyet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1droidmod View Post
    Ya' normally it is like that!!

    Sent from my A/S8 using Tapatalk 2

    you will find the externel sdcard in the /mnt directory.. it is called extsd.. so the path is /mnt/extsd/

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14

    Re: Polaroid A8 Tablet

    Thanks.. I just saw that..

    Sent from my A/S8 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14

    Re: Polaroid A8 Tablet

    Titanium Backup won't let me use the external sd as backup location. Says it is not writable. Lol, i will flash ur RoM today' I made a flashable.zip thru TB with my backup's.

    Sent from my A/S8 using Tapatalk 2

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    42

    Polaroid A/S8 Partition list

    So I'm trying to figure out where half of the storage space went. Since the Polaroid A8 is supposed to have 4 gigs of storage but I was only able to see two partitions each 1 gig in size. After tinking around I found a list of all the partitions and was wondering if anyone knew what the questionable ones were used for and if they are in fact even needed. I'll post a list below and what each is given.

    nanda : 16MB
    nandb: 16MB
    nandc: 16MB
    Sytem(/system): 1009MB
    Data(/data): 1009MB
    nandf: 16MB
    nandg: 32MB
    Cache(/cache): 504MB
    nandi: 256MB
    nandj(/drm): 15.9MB
    nandk: 832MB

    Now, I know that some nands are needed for the tablet to operate but the last nand on here, nandk has 832MB and isn't even used. There is 832MB's of free space on this partition. Also nandj isn't used. In fact, the only nand that is being used is nandj which is for the DRM.

  20. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14

    Re: Polaroid A8 Tablet

    Well I successfully flashed your rom but I lost root, I got root/adb back, restored a couple apps, tablet was super laggy at this point so I booted into recovery to wipe the caches and now the tablet will not turn on, it did not even hit recovery it just went black, I have tried everything to get it back on except for waking it up with adb, which will probably more likely have no effect. It was a fun day and a half, I treated that thing just like i do my phone every day. The Polaroid A/S8 must not be built for it. Walgreens will be getting it back tomorrow and I will tell them it just will not turn on unfortunately.

    XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
    hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •