Plokko, thanks a lot for taking time to write the explanation!
I successfully managed to run lubuntu-13.04!(now upgrading to 13.10).
I performed the following steps using linux PC (I already have installed Finless ROM 1.7 my minix neo x7).
1) flash recovery kernel (e.g. that one) into recovery partition using rkflashkit tool (it is a flashing tool with GUI for linux);
2) reboot the minix device into android;
3) using linux PC create a partition on sdcard and write into it one of the linuxium images (see links in the first post of that thread):
where X is the number of your partition on sdcard.
$ dd if=/tmp/linuxium-ubuntu1304-lubuntu-desktop-rfs.img of=/dev/sdbX bs=1M
4) Run gparted tool to resize the partition to desirable size (in gparted menu select your sdcard, then choose "Partition" -> "Check").
5) Insert sdcard with linux image into minix and reboot the device into recovery mode.
I wonder if there is a way to overclock linux kernel similar to those ones supplied within Finless ROM package?
It would be useful for me to be able to mount nfs share as well as run NFS server (I guess both possibilities need to be enabled in kernel). Right now I get the following error when trying to mount:
and indeed nfs is not listed in /proc/filesystems file.
$ mount -t nfs -o rw,hard,intr,local_lock=all <NFS server IP address>:<nfs share path> <local mount-point>
mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'
I am also looking for a way to enable OS selection during boot.
I would appreciate if someone could help me with one of the topic raised.