Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: Samsung HomeSync GT-B9150

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    80
    Thread Starter

    Re: looks like a new sheriff in town!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
    I'm exactly in the same situation. Box is good, build quality is great, GigEth & optical audio works perfectly. However, I also spend the full last week on trying to root it. Whatever I do, editing boot.img, re-building pre-rooted system.img, finding its B9150 root kernel's from Chinese websites etc. nothing works.

    When it comes to flashing the images I build, Odin always FAILS at the end. I guess it has a locked bootloader. What a pity!

    As such I'm unable to exploit all its power, can't use it for backups as utilities can't change file modification times on the 1TB ext4 disk. Can run some servers but not at the port they are supposed to work as we don't have root. etc. etc.

    Very frustrated I'm also wishing someone to break its locks then we'll have a perfect device!

    PS. I got it on a 2nd hand website (but unused) for 220$.

    I won't be buying it if price won't go down and root is archived


    Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    bc
    Posts
    87

    Re: looks like a new sheriff in town!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hidroela View Post
    I won't be buying it if price won't go down and root is archived


    Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    I heard it was locked up tight. Thanks for the updates.

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by reefmonger View Post
    I heard it was locked up tight. Thanks for the updates.
    Where did you hear it? I'm trying to find a forum where people can discuss this box but theres none, not even -yet- in XDA.

    Btw, I managed to get file modification times right when I attached an exFAT formatted USB Stick to the box. So this at least sorts out a shortcoming. (But there are many without root!)

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    17
    Btw, can the thread owner change the subject to "Samsung HomeSync GT-B9150" maybe to attract more people to the thread?

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    80
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
    Btw, can the thread owner change the subject to "Samsung HomeSync GT-B9150" maybe to attract more people to the thread?
    Done

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    80
    Thread Starter
    can any of the guys who owns the box try to move the Helicopter.mp4 video to a NAS and try to streaming to the box.
    also move it to your phone and try to mirroring to the box.
    also i would like other to try to do the same on what ever android player you have. and post back results.
    this is the video for download

    on my case the streaming to the box was like slow motion and on the mirroring worst.

    this thing is going back to BB. today sorry guys.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    17
    Thanks for renaming the thread

    I'll download and try it when I reach home in a few hours. I did not have issues playing a 720p and 1080p video before from my home server, through SMB access of ES File Explorer with native video player or with XBMC Eden's native smb access.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    80
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
    Thanks for renaming the thread

    I'll download and try it when I reach home in a few hours. I did not have issues playing a 720p and 1080p video before from my home server, through SMB access of ES File Explorer with native video player or with XBMC Eden's native smb access.
    i don't have problems neither playing like avatar or king Kong in 1080

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    bc
    Posts
    87

    Re: Samsung HomeSync GT-B9150

    Quote Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
    Where did you hear it? I'm trying to find a forum where people can discuss this box but theres none, not even -yet- in XDA.

    Btw, I managed to get file modification times right when I attached an exFAT formatted USB Stick to the box. So this at least sorts out a shortcoming. (But there are many without root!)
    Limacsg mentioned it in " life after rockchip" thread

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    80
    Thread Starter
    well i just return it.And also trade in my galaxy S4 for a Note 3 (for no money at all) which also have the boot-loader locked but at XDA they manage to root the phone by hex editing the system image to call a script on the sdcard as root.
    This is the link
    I guest those interested in rooting this box should as for help to the person who did it.

  11. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by hidroela View Post
    well i just return it.And also trade in my galaxy S4 for a Note 3 (for no money at all) which also have the boot-loader locked but at XDA they manage to root the phone by hex editing the system image to call a script on the sdcard as root.
    This is the link
    I guest those interested in rooting this box should as for help to the person who did it.
    Yes, I've already PMed the thread owner last night to give me a hint on how we could do the same for HomeSync. Waiting for his response.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    80
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
    Yes, I've already PMed the thread owner last night to give me a hint on how we could do the same for HomeSync. Waiting for his response.
    hope he is able to help us
    the procedure is really simple and safe.I am rooted already (on my phone) and by the way what a bad ass one i love it.

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    london
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by hidroela View Post
    ok guys i just have been playing with this all week end.
    first impressions.

    the good
    build quality is nice.
    it play any thing that it is on my NAS including 1080 videos in mkv,mp4,m2ts you name it.


    the bad
    it need to be root it.
    google play is broke, you can only install just a few app. (you can side load what ever you want).
    the homesync app for sync all your stuff from your phone only works on gallaxy note 3, i do have a SG4 and only works partially.(dont know it is because i am using custom rom)
    try xbmc but root is need since i am using this method where you have to put some files in an area where permissions can not be set.

    i was able to use odin and flash a newer firmware.
    i am going to keep for two weeks before return it just in case the gurus in here want to help root it.
    this is the firmware
    and this is the boot.img
    if any thing else is/are need it just let me know.

    y try superoneclick,kingo,ExynosAbuse,Framaroot trying to root it but all off them fail.

    if any body have a question please don't hesitate.


    update;
    install a 4.3 custom rom on my phone and now homesync app is working like it is suppose to


    Best regards
    HP
    Can you insall apk files manually using usb or bluettoth ? I woukd appreciate u reply ?

  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by djarben View Post
    Can you insall apk files manually using usb or bluetooth ? I would appreciate u reply ?
    Yes, just connect with usb, enable developer mode (7 times click on build number in about window), enable usb debugging, and you can then install

    adb install your_apk_name.apk

    xbmc monthly build works well, nothing special.

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    london
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
    Yes, just connect with usb, enable developer mode (7 times click on build number in about window), enable usb debugging, and you can then install

    adb install your_apk_name.apk

    xbmc monthly build works well, nothing special.
    Thnk you so much ..I just purchased one..as long as I can install manually I dont need play store... what difference does it make to my multimedia stuff? I will be happy for this ... I also bought mele f10 pro should be good mix ... does xbmx work with it in 1080p playback (hardware decoded)?

  16. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by djarben View Post
    Thnk you so much ..I just purchased one..as long as I can install manually I dont need play store... what difference does it make to my multimedia stuff? I will be happy for this ... I also bought mele f10 pro should be good mix ... does xbmx work with it in 1080p playback (hardware decoded)?
    Yeah it's OK. You can install aptoide market and also download all apk's from there. some apps don't work though, like winamp, like chrome, etc.
    yes xbmc can play 1080p with hardware decoding. (anyway these boxes can't play 1080p without hardware decoding at all)

    I'm trying to open up the box to see if I can change the hard disk to a larger one and also to play with its ext4 permissions externally. I need to set 777 everywhere as I can't chmod files now, which is a pain for sync programs.

    Any idea how this box can be opened without breaking it?

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    london
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
    Yeah it's OK. You can install aptoide market and also download all apk's from there. some apps don't work though, like winamp, like chrome, etc.
    yes xbmc can play 1080p with hardware decoding. (anyway these boxes can't play 1080p without hardware decoding at all)

    I'm trying to open up the box to see if I can change the hard disk to a larger one and also to play with its ext4 permissions externally. I need to set 777 everywhere as I can't chmod files now, which is a pain for sync programs.

    Any idea how this box can be opened without breaking it?
    Does it work with more tgen 1tb?

  18. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by djarben View Post
    Does it work with more tgen 1tb?
    I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. The internal disk is ext4 formatted, and since it can read ext4, I think it can use many terrabytes of disks (if it fits to the box!).
    But I'm afraid to try to open it, I'm not sure where to start and how the box holds together. There doesn't seem to be any screws.

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    80
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
    I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. The internal disk is ext4 formatted, and since it can read ext4, I think it can use many terrabytes of disks (if it fits to the box!).
    But I'm afraid to try to open it, I'm not sure where to start and how the box holds together. There doesn't seem to be any screws.
    i did try when i have one and it is a PITA
    first remove the 4 rubber Foot on the bottom part. good luck.

  20. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by hidroela View Post
    i did try when i have one and it is a PITA
    first remove the 4 rubber Foot on the bottom part. good luck.
    thanks ,that's a good hint! Any other hints you would like to give me? Like if the HDD is soldered onto the board, then no point it opening it Hope it has a socket Anything I need to pay attention when dismantling?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •