New ROM is 1.6b
1) Latest recovery.img from CX. If you have a older stick you may not get a screen while recovery is formatting.
If you don't (my old stick doesnt) just wait at least 5 minutes. Recovery still works you just get no screen.
The newer sticks the screen works in recovery and it also solves some NAND issues.
For you older stick guys if you want recovery to have a screen, just copy recovery.img from my CX-919 1.5 ROM.
2) Fixes touch screen issues with real USB touch screens AND for APPs that need to emulate touches like Joy Center or Tinecore APP.
I replaced some lib files and added virtual_touchscreen.ko. The lib files were the key to fixing touch!
Link has been updated below
OK folks... I spent a good amount of time on this ROM doing what you all asked!
This is not a rip of the Neo X7 ROM. It is actually more the MK908 ROM 1.6 I did with parts of other tablet ROMs, TV sticks, etc!
I have not done any work on the CX-919 in a while and sorry to say it was needed
I really like this ROM myself and have now moved the CX-919 into my living room TV.
Folks if you like this ROM I could use a few donations. Sorry to ask but donations have been few and far between lately.
On with the show.
Features and release notes for my 1.5 Android 4.2.2 ROM:
1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2
2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
BUT you also have parameter file options!
There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!
3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest version.
4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.
6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.
7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.
8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a CX-919 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908.
WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!
9) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
10) Kernel choices:
Special thanks to Freaktab user Sam321 (Simon) for his Frame Skipping fixed kernels!
I also give you the stock latest kernels but these still have the frame skipping issue!
They are supplied for people that want to use them anyway.
kernel720_simon_no_oc.img - 720P No Overclock with frame skip fix - This is the default.
kernel1080_simon_no_oc.img - 1080P No Overclock with frame skip fix
Special note: PJ Andersons pacther does not seem to fix the frame skipping on the stock kernels.
I did not test overclock patching with his patchomatic tool so I do not know if that works.
If you want to try overclocked kernels, go here:
11) I fixed the double Camera icon showing up in the APP drawer.
12) Various wifi patches and updates for performance.
For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!
Here are the links for Android 4.2.2 Finless 1.6b ROM
ROM -> CX919 - Android 4.2.2 - Finless 1.6b ROM (239 megs)