Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

XBMC - Will it work with PicUntu 4.5

Just installed Picunto 4.5 on Rk802Iv - just doesn't get any easier than that. I did learn the hard way (five hours research & testing) don't follow XBMC install instructions of the net for this particular build for you will end up getting dependencies errors- just install thru Synaptic Package Manager too easy. So I got XBMC installed without errors however I get a black screen on XBMC startup, XBMC home does not appear. Mouse cursor moves however system is hard locked. Will XBMC work even thou there is no NO Mali 400 drivers available?

I dittoed on your XBMC procedure with the same outcome. I even tried downloading the missing lib depends to compile, but was not successful.

Now I have the same install from Synaptic and a black screen too. The nearest I can tell is that it has something to do with resolution, but I have no answer.

WiFi not obtaining IP on MK908

I have an MK908v3 from June, and I used Goldenfly's mk908 instructions to get it running, but wifi isn't working. I've loaded the module, and Wicd can scan for networks, but when I try to connect to an unsecured network, it goes through a bunch of steps, but hangs on 'Obtaining IP Address' Before saying it is unable to get one.

I've also tried various combinations of command line ways with no success. 'dhclient' doesn't appear to do exit and gives no output. Also, /etc/network/interfaces only defines 'lo' and 'eth0', does this only matter for manual configurations?

'sudo iwconfig' shows 'lo' 'sit0' 'ip6tn10' 'p2p0' and 'wlan0'

Any ideas? Are there any log files I can check to see whats going on?

What is the picuntu kernel version? 3.0.72+?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by grzmrc View Post
    What is the picuntu kernel version? 3.0.72+?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk
    uname -a gives me the following

Linux <machine name> 3.0.36+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 7 12:26:12 IST 2013 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

I installed PicUntu on Minix x7 and have a question.
    What I have 5-10 seconds a black screen and then returns to the desktop PicUntu.
    It is very cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by VRil View Post
    I installed PicUntu on Minix x7 and have a question.
    What I have 5-10 seconds a black screen and then returns to the desktop PicUntu.
    It is very cumbersome.
    You also have a full operating system running on an Arm chip.

If you want instant-on go back to Android?
    Buy me a beer with
    DogeCoin: D6EeoEKcZJL234UhVFRV8Uy6HnfNurBS2y
    or
    BitCoin 17iQsUv7RoWVmDynfBS9qF88NxT4ETvhUn

I'm sorry but my English is poor and I do not understand what you wrote. I installed PiUntu 4.5 on minix x7 and the installation process was normal with no errors. The system is only Picuntu not dual boot.

PicUntu runs properly. Then there's the problem. Every now and then the screen goes black and then returns to the desktop PicUntu.
    What 5-10 sec. screen changes black-desktop PicUntu.Thus 'all the time.

Does anyone know how I can get MK802IV to work with 1366x768 Resolution (Lapdock display) with Picuntu?

I'm super frustrated from reading thread after thread with no results. I'm not a linux master.. I have read some many threads where people get it to work, but how they did it is a complete mystery. I'm looking for, get X kernel, flash with RKtools1.37 and picuntu, enter X into Terminal, etc, etc, done. Please do not bother to reply if your going to be extremely vague, I will not be able to connect the dots. (No offense to anyone, I just am tired of reading "how to's" with no steps.)

Thanks to anyone who replys!

Quote Originally Posted by 3lectriclazer View Post
    Does anyone know how I can get MK802IV to work with 1366x768 Resolution (Lapdock display) with Picuntu?

I'm super frustrated from reading thread after thread with no results. I'm not a linux master.. I have read some many threads where people get it to work, but how they did it is a complete mystery. I'm looking for, get X kernel, flash with RKtools1.37 and picuntu, enter X into Terminal, etc, etc, done. Please do not bother to reply if your going to be extremely vague, I will not be able to connect the dots. (No offense to anyone, I just am tired of reading "how to's" with no steps.)

Thanks to anyone who replys!
    The best I have done is to get xrdp compiled and installed on picuntu. This allows for remote desktop to work at any resolution. There are plenty of instructions on how to do his uplink and referred links from me. Hope this is not too vague.

Quote Originally Posted by ejumbo View Post
    The best I have done is to get xrdp compiled and installed on picuntu. This allows for remote desktop to work at any resolution. There are plenty of instructions on how to do his uplink and referred links from me. Hope this is not too vague.
    Thanks ejumbo! I managed to find a prior post where you link http://scarygliders.net/2013/07/25/x...-now-released/ this site. Where I use
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/scarygliders/X11RDP-o-Matic.git
    Then CD to the X11rdp folder it creates and run the examples on the site..

How will this help me though as it seems to be for remote desktop usage.. I'm just trying to get the correct resolution of 1366x768 on my Lapdock by directly plugging in my MK802IV to the hdmi and usb plugs on the unit. I'm also assuming this will eat up some processing power, so I'm not sure this is the best solution. I know it can be done! Where is Galland or Alok, or the other creators of picuntu, I know they know how to do what I'm asking as I have seen them address the issue for other people, but the "language" they use is way above my head and I can't seem to do what they are saying..

Quote Originally Posted by 3lectriclazer View Post
    Thanks ejumbo! I managed to find a prior post where you link http://scarygliders.net/2013/07/25/x...-now-released/ this site. Where I use
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/scarygliders/X11RDP-o-Matic.git
    Then CD to the X11rdp folder it creates and run the examples on the site..

How will this help me though as it seems to be for remote desktop usage.. I'm just trying to get the correct resolution of 1366x768 on my Lapdock by directly plugging in my MK802IV to the hdmi and usb plugs on the unit. I'm also assuming this will eat up some processing power, so I'm not sure this is the best solution. I know it can be done! Where is Galland or Alok, or the other creators of picuntu, I know they know how to do what I'm asking as I have seen them address the issue for other people, but the "language" they use is way above my head and I can't seem to do what they are saying..
    If they are not monitoring this thread then send them a private message. Keep the rest of us up to date, though.

Smile How to connect to laptop

I might be asking a foolish question:
    I would like to flash my RIKO-MK802IV android to Picuntu, but I don't know how to connect the device to my windows laptop in order to flash it.
    Do I have to plug the hdmi port in a TV so I am able to see what's going on and connect it via USB to my laptop?
    Please, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dwayne91 View Post
    I might be asking a foolish question:
    I would like to flash my RIKO-MK802IV android to Picuntu, but I don't know how to connect the device to my windows laptop in order to flash it.
    Do I have to plug the hdmi port in a TV so I am able to see what's going on and connect it via USB to my laptop?
    Please, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Connect via USB making sure to press the recovery button (usually a little plastic tab on the bottom). Depending on which OS you're using to flash it should show up as rockchip device found to flash in which case proceed to flash per Alok's instructions in first post & included in readme in pack. If not you may need to install driver for rockchip which you can get from any number of android custom roms -check the appropriate forum for your device.

As for the hdmi question, the device will reboot after flash and begin to load so having it in place and connected to tv means you can just disconnect usb and allow this process to happen. If you're not connected to tv then you'll have to power off the device (pull the power cord) once flash is done. It doesn't matter which you do, I personally like to flash in situ but it depends on your setup.
    Last edited by enrique66_35; 02-26-2014 at 03:01 AM. Reason: missed step

FreakTab Contributor
    1. Make sure the Firmware tool is remain standby
    2. Connect the Micro USB cable to the computer (but NOT YET to MK802 IV)
    3. Make sure MK802 IV is NOT connected with any cable
    4. Press and hold the reset button on MK802 IV (the reset button inside the air vent located on the side next to MicroSD card slot)
    5. Connect the micro USB to OTG port (not DC) when the reset button is still holding and wait until Windows notify you it is trying to install driver for MK802 IV then you can release the reset button

:
    Sometimes google is really helpful
    http://help.mobimega.com/kb/articles...ooted-properly
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

RK3288: Beelink / UBOX R89
    Amazon Fire TV (AFTV)
    RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Help me !!

I have KIano Quad 9.7 inch ( Retina ) 2048x1536 yes now i know Picuntu suport resolution to max Full HD.I flash Picuntu all process ok but now screen is black ( lights up but in black ).The device is warm (device is working).Connect the charger (nothing ever displays). I conect Tablet cable USB to my PC ( tablet is not detected ) in windows WTF ??
    I want to go back to android but how ???Help Meee

Post Picuntu RC3 upgrade. HOW TO

Hello, I have installed picuntu rc2 in the internal memory of a rk3188 stick with the Picuntu 4.5 nand basicGUI. Everything works great but I would like to upgrade to rc3 with 720p resolution. Now i only have Picuntu on the stick, android is out.
    Please could someone tell me the steps?
    Sorry for my english.
    Thanks.

Hi,

I've a mk918 and just installed picuntu on it. But usb mouse, keyboards are not working. Seems like same problem I faced with Leolas's CWM http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post153381 . Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Ashik72; 03-10-2014 at 11:11 PM.

error at the end of installation

Problem install Picuntu on MK902

I started to flash Picuntu, the RkTool has started ok with formating and downloading firmware to my device, but after it finish with the "writing data to Flash..."
    "Checking download data, size (1192174)K, checked (3)k
    ERROR Download file failed
    ERROR Run Failed

I have the same problem when I try to flash Xubuntu. Anyone had this error?
    The device is not brick. I flashed the original firmware for MK902 and it is ok!

Tronsmart mk908II

Has anyone successfully installed picuntu 4.5 on Tronsmart mk908II?

Thanks

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast