Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polaroid S10...root???

Polaroid S10...root???

Hey guys,

I just got a Polaroid S10 tablet from Kohl's (which I may or may not keep). It's running JB 4.2.2, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any root exploits that will work with it.
    AndroidPizza

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidPizza View Post
    Hey guys,

I just got a Polaroid S10 tablet from Kohl's (which I may or may not keep). It's running JB 4.2.2, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any root exploits that will work with it.
    What else can you tell us about it?
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

Quote Originally Posted by shaunmt View Post
    What else can you tell us about it?
    Ya bro...need some info...CPU type, etc.

Re: Polaroid S10...root???

Here's some specs, straight off the box. Even the worthless info.

Processor: 1.6GHz, Dual Core
    RAM: 1GB/DDR3
    Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600
    Internal Memory: 8GB
    External Memory: Micro SD
    Networking: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
    Battery: Rechargeable Li-ion Polymer

Sent from my Atrix HD
    Check out this thread!
    AndroidPizza

And my hunch is that it has an Allwinner processor.

Sent from my Atrix HD
    Check out this thread!
    AndroidPizza

And my hunch is that it has an Allwinner processor.

Sent from my Atrix HD
    Check out this thread!
    You may be right pizza dude. And it is a good chance indeed. It makes me wonder if its an actual onda tablet that's been rebranded

Root S10

Hey guys,

Just replaced my 701C [a wonderful cheap tab thanks to Electrik's newest rom - because the usb port connection broke] with an S7. Great improvement over the 701C. Just ordered another one at $75 for Ebay to give the wife to replace her beat up 701C.

Rooted it by downloading from 1MobileMarket SuperSU ver. 1.65 and then installed Google Services and Google Playstore apks.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jimwallcft View Post
    Just replaced my 701C [a wonderful cheap tab thanks to Electrik's newest rom - because the usb port connection broke] with an S7. Great improvement over the 701C. Just ordered another one at $75 for Ebay to give the wife to replace her beat up 701C.

Rooted it by downloading from 1MobileMarket SuperSU ver. 1.65 and then installed Google Services and Google Playstore apks.

Hope this helps.
    Wait...you mean it's rooted out of the box? You just need to sideload a superuser app?

Sent from my Atrix HD
    Check out this thread!
    AndroidPizza

Wait...you mean it's rooted out of the box? You just need to sideload a superuser app?

Sent from my Atrix HD
    Check out this thread!
    Pizza-probably. Most of the Polaroids come with a stripped SU binary and is already 'rooted'. By adding/installing the superuser apk you're most likely just gaining the 'front end' to SU. I actually obtain root on several 'non-rooted' Polaroid tablets by using the SU binary that came with the 701c

firmware update for google store at www.southerntelecom.com/polaroid support (from polaroid company)

Hey guys,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can upgrade to have google play in polaroid website..they only offer this for A8, S7, S8, S10.
    so, you don't have to root the tablet. it is compatible to have google play store...
    and.. it is firmware update. you will notice big difference after this update.
    first, you should go to the site below to download file to desktop or laptop computer.

http://southerntelecom.com/s10/index.html

then, follow this instruction below. they only have instruction for A8 but it's same anyway.

http://www.southerntelecom.com/polar..._guide_A8.html

be sure to follow every steps.. this update comes with google map, google+, etc..
    good luck~!

Quote Originally Posted by creanity View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can upgrade to have google play in polaroid website..they only offer this for A8, S7, S8, S10.
    so, you don't have to root the tablet. it is compatible to have google play store...
    and.. it is firmware update. you will notice big difference after this update.
    first, you should go to the site below to download file to desktop or laptop computer.

then, follow this instruction below. they only have instruction for A8 but it's same anyway.

http://www.southerntelecom.com/polar..._guide_A8.html

be sure to follow every steps.. this update comes with google map, google+, etc..
    good luck~!
    Thank you. I tried forever to find the "S" series download section but couldn't. I took the URL you gave me and changed the S10 to S8 and downloaded the update...
    Polaroid S8
    Blackberry Torch
    Kindle Fire HD Gen 2 - Wifes
    Nokia 520 Windows 8 - Wifes
    (3) Nextbook 7s - Slooooooow - (Finless Bob ROM) - used for kids e-readers
    (2) Samsung Exhibits - kids
    Samsung Blaze, Kindle Fire, (2) PMID701c (Elektrik ROM) - all RIP
    ...some laptops, some PC's and some routers / switches

FYI, here is an Antutu screen shot (of what I COULD get).

Fresh out the box, no mods yet. Antutu and Superuser / SuperSU won't run, I can't get to root with ES File Explorer, etc, etc, etc, so maybe they changed something with the root access?

Here are some screen shots (build looks like August 27, 2013?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antutu1.png 
Views:	240 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	4296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	about.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	4297  
    Polaroid S8
    Blackberry Torch
    Kindle Fire HD Gen 2 - Wifes
    Nokia 520 Windows 8 - Wifes
    (3) Nextbook 7s - Slooooooow - (Finless Bob ROM) - used for kids e-readers
    (2) Samsung Exhibits - kids
    Samsung Blaze, Kindle Fire, (2) PMID701c (Elektrik ROM) - all RIP
    ...some laptops, some PC's and some routers / switches

Quote Originally Posted by jsta6 View Post
    FYI, here is an Antutu screen shot (of what I COULD get).

Fresh out the box, no mods yet. Antutu and Superuser / SuperSU won't run, I can't get to root with ES File Explorer, etc, etc, etc, so maybe they changed something with the root access?

Here are some screen shots (build looks like August 27, 2013?)
    not surprising, given the fact that it only mentions giving you Google play ;-)

Anyone have any ideas on how to obtain root on the new "Google Play" firmware?
    AndroidPizza

Root S10

Download the new software update from Southern Telecom as it contains Google Play

and flash the tablet. Be sure to save anything you wish to keep as this update will erase the tablet. Then follow directions from link below:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?8478-How-to-root-Polaroid-S8-S10-gt-TUT-lt

Last edited by jimwallcft; 12-28-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Add material

Download the new software update from Southern Telecom as it contains Google Play

and flash the tablet. Be sure to save anything you wish to keep as this update will erase the tablet. Then follow directions from link below:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?8478-How-to-root-Polaroid-S8-S10-gt-TUT-lt

I will be releasing an S10 pre-rooted image soon. It will have identical options as the AS8 images I released - Google-updated, pre-rooted, TWRP, performance tweaks... Currently, I am working on the final touches for an image for the S7.. The S10 will follow the S7..

awesome

Quote Originally Posted by guessyet View Post
    I will be releasing an S10 pre-rooted image soon. It will have identical options as the AS8 images I released - Google-updated, pre-rooted, TWRP, performance tweaks... Currently, I am working on the final touches for an image for the S7.. The S10 will follow the S7..
    I will def try for s10 then cuz right now its slow n lagy with stock 4.2.2 with Google play. If it works well I'll even make a small donation for all your time & effort. Much thanks Ron. :-)

Did you read my post incorrectly or just not understand it?

I got a tablet that already came on the firmware with Google Play. I want to root it.

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    AndroidPizza

i rooted my s10 pretty easily

I used a pretty universal method for tablets like s10 with a20 all winner it was just a zip file install from SD card in stock recovery. I see other people have diff root methods here such as kingo root or cydia impactor I think? Well ty & have a Great day. Ron. :-)
    Last edited by rubberman36,; 12-28-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by rubberman36, View Post
    I used a pretty universal method for tablets like s10 with a20 all winner it was just a zip file install from SD card in stock recovery. I see other people have diff root methods here such as kingo root or cydia impactor I think? Well ty & have a Great day. Ron. :-)
    Can you please link to this zip?

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    AndroidPizza

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast