These files are for the Amlogic Nextbook Next8HD8G (NX008HD8G).
WARNING: These files are reported as not working on Next8HD8G tablets manufactured after August 2013. Check your serial number. If it begins YFG1013... YFG1113... or higher, do not use these files. You may try to root using Cydia Impactor instead. If you do root one of the newer tablets, please dump the ROM for the rest of us!
Here is what you get:
Modified Stock 3e Recovery:
This is the stock recovery, dumped from the device, unpacked, modified to use Google Test Keys instead of Private Nextbook Keys and then repackaged for your enjoyment.
Unzip and place the uImage_recovery file on your external SD Card. Reboot to recovery by holding Volume and Power. You won't notice any visual changes, but you can attempt to flash any .zip signed with Google Test Keys.
Your mileage may vary. If something won't flash there is a compatibility problem between the updater-binary or updater-script and our kernel/recovery.
This is a close as I could get to a flashable stock rom.
This contains a stock bootloader.img, boot.img, uImage_recovery, logo.img, and aml_logo.img dumped from the device. The system partition was also dumped from the device. I believe all of the Nextbook bloatware is here, with nothing added and NO ROOT. Everything has been packaged into an update.zip and signed with Google Test Keys. This WILL reformat System, Data and Cache. Backup any critical data before flashing.
Place the update.zip on external SD Card and flash using the modified recovery above.
Stock Internal SD Card:
This is just a .zip containing the stock files from the SD Card. It includes the .pdf manuals, intro video, free public domain e-books, demo photos, etc... If you deleted this stuff and wanted it back, just unzip and copy the desired files to your internal SD Card.
This is a flashable .zip that installs the su binary and has been signed with Google Test Keys.
Put it on your external SD Card and flash it using the modified recovery above. Then install your preference of Superuser.apk or SuperSu.apk from the Google Play store or elsewhere.
ROM Version History:
- Updated Stock ROM using dump of 07-01-13 system build date
- build.prop - ro.ota.version.id=V2.0.18.JRO03C.user.root.2013070 1 added (Over The Air update firmware version ID)
- build.prop - ro.ota.version, ro.build.date, ro.build.date.utc and ro.build.description - (updated with new build date)
- build.prop - ro.vendor.name=YFMID added
- system/etc/alarm_blacklist.txt added
- system/etc/game_diminsion_list.txt added (Gameloft fix?)
- system/vendor - face recognition support files removed
- Updated Stock ROM using dump of 04-12-2013 system build date
- Build.prop revisions improve issues involving market compatibility and apps that won't launch or crash or freeze
- Audio support changed from ALSA to TinyALSA
- Changes Necessary To Revert To Stock From Future Custom ROMs
- Now Formats System, Data and Cache
- Now Flashes Stock Recovery
- Added additional on screen feedback messages to updater-script per user feedback
Downloads have moved to the downloads forum where they belonged: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7010-Amlogic-Next8HD8G-%28NX008HD8G%29-Modified-Recovery-Stock-Rom-amp-Flashable-Root
- First Release (Based on dump of 04-02-13 system build date)
Thanks again to Finless Bob for hosting these files, and thanks to the Freaktab community for inspiring me to work on the Amlogic Nextbook series!