Ongoing Christmas - Flash Deals Everyday! Up To 90% Off at GeekBuying.com!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: A normal rom for the MK908-V3! MK908-V3-android-4.2.2-jjhmod-v1.0 with Vsync Fix - Download

  1. #1
    Senior Member hoabycsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    498

    A normal rom for the MK908-V3! MK908-V3-android-4.2.2-jjhmod-v1.0 with Vsync Fix - Download

    Finally, a standard rom for the V3 stick! It's a work in progress but I don't want to leave anyone waiting for their V3 to work properly.

    So here is what I have so far. Complete custom rom from the ground up, system.img pulled from mk908-jjhmod-v1.5 as it works well in this situation. Rooted, init.d, 720 and 1080 options. The two problems I have with the kernels I have included with this rom are: Can't get the cpu to go over 1200mhz and can't get the ram to scale above 400mhz. I'd take either one, and eventually will get both figured out I'm sure. Currently the kernels don't run as fast as I'd like, but they run and they are stable. I tried a random xbmc build on it and had great luck.

    So without any further blabbing:

    Download Link

    Enjoy!

    p.s. Honestly this stick is a pain in the a$$. I've recently gotten a cx919 and mk802iv and was instantly able to build kernels that ran great and fast and mod the firmware very easily. They weren't much different in price either so if anyone hasn't dived in yet and was considering the mk908, I'd go with another option currently.
    If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

    http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif



  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by hoabycsr View Post
    Finally, a standard rom for the V3 stick! It's a work in progress but I don't want to leave anyone waiting for their V3 to work properly.

    So here is what I have so far. Complete custom rom from the ground up, system.img pulled from mk908-jjhmod-v1.5 as it works well in this situation. Rooted, init.d, 720 and 1080 options. The two problems I have with the kernels I have included with this rom are: Can't get the cpu to go over 1200mhz and can't get the ram to scale above 400mhz. I'd take either one, and eventually will get both figured out I'm sure. Currently the kernels don't run as fast as I'd like, but they run and they are stable. I tried a random xbmc build on it and had great luck.

    So without any further blabbing:

    Download Link

    Enjoy!


    Thanks as always.

    Can we get the kernel source with config you used to build the kernel so that we can compile custom loadable kernel modules to work with the kernel provided?
    Hope I'm not asking for something proprietary here.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by vlsi2000 View Post
    Thanks as always.

    Can we get the kernel source with config you used to build the kernel so that we can compile custom loadable kernel modules to work with the kernel provided?
    Hope I'm not asking for something proprietary here.

    I'm trying to compile and load a audio/video capture driver for my EasyCap.
    It's for my quadcopter project with FPV capability, where I'm looking to replace a laptop with MK908 to capture received video/audio and send to my HDMI enabled goggle.
    If the kernel config allows me to add custom HDMI resolutions, that would be a bonus.

  4. #4
    Member Chakumo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    52
    Hi,


    What are the parameters of the actual rom ( module,Min/Max Cpu speed,Ram speed,Kernel parameter,Antutu test etc...)

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    24
    Oh! Nice work! This seems the most stable ROM I've tried on MK908 v3, despite its beta stage!. Tincore Keymapper doesn't crash and seems working correctly this time! GREAT SHOT! And greay job!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    30
    Thanks for your continued work with the MK908 hoabycsr, appreciate it!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by hoabycsr View Post
    Finally, a standard rom for the V3 stick! It's a work in progress but I don't want to leave anyone waiting for their V3 to work properly.

    So here is what I have so far. Complete custom rom from the ground up, system.img pulled from mk908-jjhmod-v1.5 as it works well in this situation. Rooted, init.d, 720 and 1080 options. The two problems I have with the kernels I have included with this rom are: Can't get the cpu to go over 1200mhz and can't get the ram to scale above 400mhz. I'd take either one, and eventually will get both figured out I'm sure. Currently the kernels don't run as fast as I'd like, but they run and they are stable. I tried a random xbmc build on it and had great luck.

    So without any further blabbing:

    Download Link

    Enjoy!

    p.s. Honestly this stick is a pain in the a$$. I've recently gotten a cx919 and mk802iv and was instantly able to build kernels that ran great and fast and mod the firmware very easily. They weren't much different in price either so if anyone hasn't dived in yet and was considering the mk908, I'd go with another option currently.

    Hi Hoaby,

    As everyone else has been saying thank you for your continued support, If I had know I would have received a V3 I would have purchased another stick, I ordered mines from a re-seller in the UK who had claimed everything worked, It rebooted since its been out the box,

    The only rom I have found stable is the stock 0802 ROM which tronsmart released, I have tried all your other roms and Kernels but always end with with a rebooting problem or some sort of other problem,

    I am currently downloading this V3 rom for testing and I will let you know how it goes, I have managed to get it stable enough using the stock V3 ROM so pretty confident you will have no issues sorting out the kernal issues once you receive your V3 hardware.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    4
    Hi, I have an mk908 v3.
    I have tried the stock rom from GB, your universal and this rom, but result is always the same: after a few minutes of using the devices the picture freezes the reboot.

    What can be my problem?

  9. #9
    Senior Member hoabycsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    498
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vlsi2000 View Post
    Thanks as always.

    Can we get the kernel source with config you used to build the kernel so that we can compile custom loadable kernel modules to work with the kernel provided?
    Hope I'm not asking for something proprietary here.
    Config.gz support is enabled in all my kernels. I put up a github of my current source.


    https://github.com/jjhmod/rk3188-android-kernel.git
    If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

    http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif



  10. #10
    Senior Member hoabycsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    498
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vlsi2000 View Post
    I'm trying to compile and load a audio/video capture driver for my EasyCap.
    It's for my quadcopter project with FPV capability, where I'm looking to replace a laptop with MK908 to capture received video/audio and send to my HDMI enabled goggle.
    If the kernel config allows me to add custom HDMI resolutions, that would be a bonus.

    What resolutions? I can try to add them.

    I'm already working on new kernels based on user feedback. Got my v3 finally!
    If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

    http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif



  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    24
    Just a suggestion. I've tested that placing the Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl file you can find here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1792531) into /system/usr/keylayout/ allow to use XBOX360 joypad correctly on some games (Shadowgun and Dead Trigger are the two I've tested). Not sure for the kcm in the same post. I'm adding them manually every time I try a new ROM but I think that can be useful for others.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    21

    MK908-V3

    Quote Originally Posted by hoabycsr View Post
    What resolutions? I can try to add them.

    I'm already working on new kernels based on user feedback. Got my v3 finally!
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Thanks for the superb job on the ROMs as always. Now that you've got your V3 stick, I can't wait to have a great working ROM finally. Yippee!

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    10
    Hoabycsr, I appreciate your work and help to the community. Can't wait to test this ROM and coming updates on my MK908 V3 this weekend.

    Last night I changed my old G router to a good quality Linksys router(still G, need to buy an N) and I started to get better wifi reception with stock 08/02 Tronsmart ROM. I think I'll order an N router if that improves wifi reception as others have noticed.

    The only problem I have now is the screen flickering problem, which I believe is because of the cheap HDMI cable included with device.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    35

    Wi-fi improvements and still reboots.

    Tested this ROM today,

    Looks good so far other than it rebooting when installing apps from google play, Also it rebooted when I tried to install the mxplayer APK for xbmc,

    Wi-fi is not as strong and fast as the stock ROM for me and also it keeps getting disabled after the stick reboots and disabled at random times when using the ROM and you then need to go back to settings to re-enable, other than that it was looking good,

    Can't wait for a further update now you have V3 hardware too

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by hoabycsr View Post
    Config.gz support is enabled in all my kernels. I put up a github of my current source.


    https://github.com/jjhmod/rk3188-android-kernel.git

    You are awesome!

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by hoabycsr View Post
    What resolutions? I can try to add them.

    I'm already working on new kernels based on user feedback. Got my v3 finally!

    Custom resolutions I need are;
    1) 1600x1200 for my Samsung monitors
    2) 1024x600 for my head-mount display goggles.

    Even if you don't get around to add them I can totally understand.

  17. #17
    Senior Member hoabycsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    498
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by KesieV View Post
    Just a suggestion. I've tested that placing the Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl file you can find here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1792531) into /system/usr/keylayout/ allow to use XBOX360 joypad correctly on some games (Shadowgun and Dead Trigger are the two I've tested). Not sure for the kcm in the same post. I'm adding them manually every time I try a new ROM but I think that can be useful for others.
    Thank you, will do!
    If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

    http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif



  18. #18
    Senior Member hoabycsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    498
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DeekB View Post
    Tested this ROM today,

    Looks good so far other than it rebooting when installing apps from google play, Also it rebooted when I tried to install the mxplayer APK for xbmc,

    Wi-fi is not as strong and fast as the stock ROM for me and also it keeps getting disabled after the stick reboots and disabled at random times when using the ROM and you then need to go back to settings to re-enable, other than that it was looking good,

    Can't wait for a further update now you have V3 hardware too
    Your problems make me suspect your power adapter isn't up to the task...
    If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

    http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif



  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by hoabycsr View Post
    Your problems make me suspect your power adapter isn't up to the task...
    I will invest in a better power adapter but the strange thing is why does this not happen on the stock 0802 ROM

    I have ran the stock 0802 tronsmart rom for over 3 days and not encountered any of these problems that I am seeing on the other roms which would make me believe its a rom/kernal issue and not an issue with the PSU but I will take it onboard and get a better PSU as I am using the standard one which arrived with my mk908 so I think you do have a point here too.

  20. #20
    Senior Member hoabycsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    498
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DeekB View Post
    I will invest in a better power adapter but the strange thing is why does this not happen on the stock 0802 ROM

    I have ran the stock 0802 tronsmart rom for over 3 days and not encountered any of these problems that I am seeing on the other roms which would make me believe its a rom/kernal issue and not an issue with the PSU but I will take it onboard and get a better PSU as I am using the standard one which arrived with my mk908 so I think you do have a point here too.
    That's a good point too though. I'm working on wifi, bluetooth, and speed currently for my next kernel release for this.. It's a funky device that's for sure.
    If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

    http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •