Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flashing Firmware Image Files Using The Rockchip Batch Tool

Flashing Firmware Image Files Using The Rockchip Batch Tool

QUICK GUIDE TO INSTALL STOCK AND CUSTOM FIRMWARE IMAGE FILES

This is a quick guide to Flash single firmware image files onto your tablet. Manufacturers mainly provide single image files to upgrade tablets, as do some Rom Cookers for their custom firmwares.

If you want to install a custom firmware or want to return your tablet back to a manufacturers stock rom, for warranty purposes etc this is sometimes the only way to do it. It is quite straightforward to do so here we go!

Firstly this is presuming that you have already installed the Rockchip drivers for your tablet if not follow my guide here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-for-flashing!

STEP 1
    Make sure your tablet is charged. Download the Rockchip batch tool

Rockchip Batch Tool Download

STEP2
    Unzip the file and start the RKBatchTool program, and use the firmware path selector to find your firmware image.

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 39802
Size:  33.4 KB

Now put your tablet into recovery mode or flash mode as it is sometimes called and connect it to your PC. As you will see you will see that your device is connected, indicated by the green box. If you are upgrading from say a manufacturers Rom to a new version that hit the upgrade button, if you are installing a custom firmware that usually it is the restore button.

Name:  rockchip 1.PNG
Views: 39567
Size:  29.3 KB

Step 3
    Once you have done this the software will send the firmware to your tablet and the flashing process will begin, you will see firmware loading on the RockchipBatchTool screen, just leave it to do its work and be patient and be careful not to knock or touch anything while it is flashing. Once the process has completed your tablet will disconnect from the program and the green box will not be highlighted. Now the tablet will begin to flash and reboot with your new firmware on it!

a simple question

You only need these Rockchip stuff for MS windows right???

john

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyTrotter View Post
    You only need these Rockchip stuff for MS windows right???

john
    Yes it is all Windows

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

Thank you for posting this Daman!!

rockchip batch tool

Hey damo, sorry for the newbie question, but ya gotta learn right? Anyhoo,do i download the batch tool to my tablet or pc from what i gather it would be the PC, right? I'm wanting to flash finless 1.4 rom i just want to be clear on the whole process. Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by tattman65 View Post
    Hey damo, sorry for the newbie question, but ya gotta learn right? Anyhoo,do i download the batch tool to my tablet or pc from what i gather it would be the PC, right? I'm wanting to flash finless 1.4 rom i just want to be clear on the whole process. Thanks for your time.
    No problem

You don't need to download the tool as when you download Bobs Rom the tool is already in there, and yes it is done from your Pc.

When you download the Rom there is a read me in there. Just follow that and you will be fine

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

thanks to damo

Thanks for the speedy reply you guys at this site are the coolest I really appreciate the help I have received i tell everyone bout y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by tattman65 View Post
    Thanks for the speedy reply you guys at this site are the coolest I really appreciate the help I have received i tell everyone bout y'all.
    Thank you

Heyfirmware flashing

Hey damo, one. Question, when i extracted the zip, all the folders are seperate is that correct for flashing the rom? I put them in my received files so i would know right where they are. I just want to make sure i got this right never done it before. Thanks for your help

Hey Damo...
    Every time I flash my 10G2 with the tool that comes with Bob's ROM's I get connected immediately on my Windows 7 32bit laptop.

I've been trying to play with the Kasty version of a rooted ROM for my new 10bg3, but Windows never can install the drivers for the RKBatchTool. I've tried every method mentioned on Freaktab. I've disabled automatic driver update in Windows. I've tried installing the driver's manually. Each time Windows says it is unable to install the correct driver for my device.

I know the two machines can talk, because I can connect as USB mass storage.

Does Bob use a different set of drivers with his loader?

It seems like people are having some success with installing the Kasty ROM with their Windows 7 PC's

I have just run out of things to try...any ideas.

-Randy

Randy, both the RKAndroid flash tool and the RKbatch tool work with the same drivers. You do not need different drives to use RKbatch tool. If you got the drivers installed for the 10G2 and can flash your 10G2, you do not need to ever install drivers again.

Now for the 10bG3 it should work out of the gate just like the 10G2. The drivers are the same!

So before messing around more with drivers, hook up the 10G2 and make sure the RKAndroid flash tool can see the 10G2 and says at the bottom "FOUND RK android device". If that works and please double check now, then the drivers are working.

Now exit the rkandroid tool and run the RKbatch tool. You should have a green box with the 10G2.
    If you do, your good to go on BOTH tools!

Now when you hook up the 10bG3 and put it in flash mode it should show up with a green box on RKBatch tool. If it does not, you are NOT in flash mode with the 10bG3. Your doing something worng getting it into flash mode.

Again the drivers are the same so as above if the 10G2 works dont mess with drivers again.

Bob
    "Przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости их, ибо не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Video Link -> Safety Video #1
    Video Link -> CAUTION using powerful tools!

I even went into the Windows Hardware Wizard to select the RockUSB.inf file manually. When I get to the screen that is supposed to show a device name to move on...that window is blank. What is going on within Windows that keeps me from installing this driver?

Please test that you have not messed up the driver install and that the 10G2 will still be seen by both the RKandroid tool and the RKbatch tool. Follow the steps I just gave above please. If you had the 10G2 working you should have never had to mess with drivers again.

Bob

OK, my 10g2 is still showing a green box.

I'm holding volume + and clicking the reset hole on the 10bg3. Windows makes the usual noises, but a message comes up saying that it couldn't successfully install the driver for the device. I don't get a green box with the 10bg3.

I hold down the volume +. I click and hold the reset button for just a few seconds. I release the reset while still holding the volume + button for a few more seconds. Isn't that right?

OK, I just verified that my 10g2 connects in recovery.

I'm still not able to get this 10bg3 into recovery mode.

The procedure is the same, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by rrileypm View Post
    OK, I just verified that my 10g2 connects in recovery.

I'm still not able to get this 10bg3 into recovery mode.

The procedure is the same, isn't it?
    I do not know with the 10bG3. Mr Weelson has one so you might ask him how to do it. It might be different.
    Ask in my 10bG3 stock ROM thread.

Oh and FYI, my root 10bG3 ROM will be out today! Mr. Weelson is testing it now.

Bob

Well, I don't know what I just did, but after trying the procedure over and over again, I finally connected in recovery mode.

Great Bob, since I'm playing around, I'll try yours too.

I hope your Dad is OK.

- Randy

I don't know where to post this elsewhere, but the Kasty 10bg2 ROM doesn't have a menu button on the task bar. Kind of a pain.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2xtlvt

Quote Originally Posted by rrileypm View Post
    I don't know where to post this elsewhere, but the Kasty 10bg2 ROM doesn't have a menu button on the task bar. Kind of a pain.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2xtlvt

For specific discussions on the Kasty Rom it is best to post on the Arctablet site since that is where the rom has originated rom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast