Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 1.1 (M9 with 1920x1200 display) [Feedback]

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 1.1 (M9 with 1920x1200 display) [Feedback]

This is for the M9 Pro...not the M9 Max!!!!!!

On July 31st, Pipo released an update for the M9 Pro firmware...so I made a new ROM with it as the base. As with most Pipo firmware releases...there is no change log, so I don't have a clue as what they fixed, or what features were added.

v1.1 is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    2, 4, 6 or 8gb user app space (by selecting the parameter file)
    Google Play Store fixes
    Some Build.prop performance tweaks
    init.d support added
    busybox links added
    Boot animation by Tattman65
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Flash Tool by 900Supersport
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Thanks, for your continued support. Funds are low right now for new projects, so your help is greatly appreciated.
    Donate here

Thank you very much for this ROM.
    I go to download and test it.

Riley do you know if last pipo's rom for m9pro use sdk2.0 ?
    If not, it is possible to cook a sdk 2.0 with pipo's rom ?

As far as I know this ROM is SDK 2.0
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Thanks, for your continued support. Funds are low right now for new projects, so your help is greatly appreciated.
    Donate here

I just bought a Pipo M9 Pro (with built-in 3G).
    I made ​​the mistake of testing a Voyo A15, and it's not as good as a Hyundai T10 (fantastic wifi, among other things) or Pipo M8. I requested an exchange (the usb connector ... connecting nothing )

I'll surely receive it in a week & I have time to see the test results from nicaise.
    For my previous Pipo (M2, M3, M8), I haven't flashed them, since I was very satisfied with their performances (just rooted).

Thx for your job !

Last edited by poil; 08-04-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Riley, is the ROM for M9pro only or it covers M9pro 3G also. I ordered the M9pro 3G and would like to get the ROM for that one if possible. Thanks

You have the 2 versions (3G and WiFi only) in the download link

Last edited by poil; 08-04-2013 at 04:37 AM.

My firt impressions for this rom.
    M9 pro is more reactive but could be better
    + 1 000 points on antutu (before 14 300 : after 15 380)
    Add multiple windows possibilty (activate is in system settings) 2 for 4 app in the same time in separates and independants Windows. It's works good and it is very useful
    Games seems to have better performances
    No gps changes. Very slow first fix and very unstable and approx. localisation. Works with maps and waze but need really to be improved and optimized.
    Wifi is the same : good but have low signal (distance)
    Microsd 64gb class 10 format in ntfs works very good like before update.

When flashing i have renamed parameter4 to parameter (to have 4gb partition for app) it don't work and finally partition app was 2gb. I think perhaps it's due to tablet rom have 32gb.
    For the rest i continue to test.

Conclusion
    This a good first rom and i hope the next were be better.
    Thanks riley and please continue to do very good job you will be rewarded

Re: Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 1.1 (M9 with 1920x1200 display) [Feedback]

Thanks for the report. Ill take a look at the parameters.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Donate here

hello
    nicaise, Where did you order your tablet ? This week I follow this forum and russian forum but seem like only one in russia got there tablet. I will waiting for review from some from you sorry for my english.

I haven't forgotten about the parameter files for this ROM...I'm away from my home PC, I did this ROM on...so I have to download the firmware, and it's going very slow. All I need to do is extract the original parameter file.......
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Donate here

I just finished checking parameters, and my calculations were exactly the same. I'm not sure what the problem is with flashing the 4gb parameter...you might try flashing the 6 or 8gb parameters just to see.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Donate here

help

I just bought Pipo M9 Pro with 3G 32GB version.
    I accidentally update pipo max rom how can i unbrick it ? i have attached the pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013805104639_001.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	2910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013805104706_001.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	2911Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013805105104_001.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	2912

i have downloaded m9 pro rom but can not go into upgrading mode as per your below procedure i am unable to ho into upgrading mode
    please help

its done with ESC + Reset Button + Power

Thanks anyway
    Last edited by addee; 08-05-2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: resolved

TaMan
    I have bought my tablet on pipomall.com (sorry if commercial web site is not authorized).

In contact us : "Pipomall.com is the exclusive and authorized global online shopping malls for PIPO’s tablets, accessories and Hi-tech items. Based in Shenzhen China..."

I don't have any actions in this company but the things that i can say, are :
    positive : very serious - very good contacts (mail, live chat) - package was sent in very good conditions ans safety- ship was quick on dhl (5 days for reunion island) - 1 pipo case, 2 screen protector offered, with a good and real european AC (not adapter).
    negative (or not) : pipomall recommand to declare real value on customs declarations to avoid problem and finally i have paid 36€ (46$) of tax when delivery.

I recommand this seller.

Riley
    I have just reinstalled all app and docs on my tablet because i need it to work. So, sorry but not possible to test the 6 or 8gb parameters before this next week end.

But if someone can test it now and say if it's good it will very appreciate.

I bought this tablet a couple of weeks ago and it just arrived!
    I'm doing some testing now.

I have found a very big problem:
    Wifi seems to SUCK..
    When im 1-2 meters away from my router everything is just fine, but if i go in the other room (something like 4-5 meters and a wall) connection drops.
    I tried wifi-analyzer and it says i have a good signal strenght right before connection drops, and the icon shows 3-4 bars befor disconnecting.

My phone, laptop and wifi key works pefect in the same spot..

Any suggestion?

Update: It start losing coonection at exactly 5 steps away (with just a column in beetween)
    I'll try to flash now

Update 2:
    The firmware is great! multiwindows is great!
    Upgrading made no difference in wifi speed, but during the day i found out that wifi started working better. I really dont know why. Now its still bad, but kinda acceptable.

@Randy:
    After flashing your rom (some hours after) the pipo suddenly froze up and reboot when i pressed the power button. this happened to me twice, once with screen turned off and once when watching a youtube video.
    It hasn't happened so often to be annoying yet, but i thought you might want to know about it (and maybe you already have an idea for a fix)
    Last edited by ElGullo; 08-05-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Update 2

New PIPO M9 Pro mot starting

Hi,
    I got delivery of new PIPO M9 Pro WiFi on 5/8/13. After turning it on, it came with blurred screen so i turned it off and turned on and it came good. later turned off and didn't turn on. When I connect charger to tablet, indicator on tablet blinks and doesn't stay on.
    I tried to use download link on freaktab, downloaded zip files, and followed instructions, installed usb driver on windows XP, after installing usb driver, device manager is showing "class for Rockusb devices". When tried to run RKusb tool got msg: " Found RK Android Mask Rock Usb". When tried to erase IDB it gives msg " MasakRom must chooseLoader for erasing" When ticked loader getting the same message again.
    Is there any help I can get, or someone can advise, is much appreciated. Thx.

Just excited and hoping that someone will give a full thorough Review, Pics, Video, Of original ROM and Custom. If everything works like I would like it to, I will be purchasing a car mount for this tablet.

Thanks

Thanks for your ROM.

I received my tablet two days ago, with a ROM from end july. Every 10 minutes, the screen was bluring and after a few second, I can heard a small noise (tic) and I have to reboot the tablet.

I try to flash it with the last "official" firmware, after installing the drivers on my PC (following your instructions for beginners). Noway, the "official" uprgrade tool did not found my tablet in upgrading mode.

But flashing your ROM was easy and efficient. And I have less freezing, only two, just after I touch the screen.

Regards

Philooo

Great ROM, but Recovery issue?

Thanks for this ROM! Just flashed it this morning, and so far seems great. The only problem I'm having is that I cannot boot into Recovery Mode. Every time I try I end up with a dead Android with a red triangle...
    Has anyone else experienced this? Did something go wrong during flashing?
    Apart from that, its a great ROM, and definitely snappier than the stock rom that it came with. Thanks again

Is there anybody out there who has a positive review of the m9pro? Seen lots with problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalWulf View Post
    Is there anybody out there who has a positive review of the m9pro? Seen lots with problems.
    found these post on another forum (translated by google)

On M9pro, information sometimes a little mixed probably due to the fact that the model is very recent. The first two batches were proposed, from what I understand, intended primarily for the domestic market with products in beta testing and is being finalized. I hope to see more clearly with the following series of expected shortly. To be continued.
    Pipo on M9Pro I almost take action but I will eventually wait. The earliest returns show a self down compared to the m9 (which makes sense since the battery is the same as consumption has increased).

It would appear that pipo aware of the problem preparing a second batch with a slight upgrade of the battery. It is, however, a rumor (if anyone has seen one of these models break the tip of his nose in a shop I am interested).
    I think, I should wait for more review or maybe next month.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast