Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW CX-919 II

Hey mrlaban,

Can you report back which combo (kernel/rom and whatever else) you're using and the outcome. I'm thinking of buying the CX-919II and just wanted to get a bit of feedback before I do.

Thanks,

Rocky

Smile FYI

i use the stock rom now (rooted)
    others not tested yet
    maybe mrlaban tested other kernels

Quote Originally Posted by roc1479 View Post
    Hey mrlaban,

Can you report back which combo (kernel/rom and whatever else) you're using and the outcome. I'm thinking of buying the CX-919II and just wanted to get a bit of feedback before I do.

Thanks,

Rocky
    Hey, I use the following:
    • Stock kernel
    • Nexus SDK2 Multi Window 1.1 ROM (flashed with Finless 1.4 tool, uncheck kernel, comes rooted)
    • Netflix Black rotation 2.1.1 app (still some problems with this, dont know why)
    Wifi, bluetooth and video (720p) is working in XBMC, but the Netflix is unstable and I am having some issues with skaling the video to HD (a bit choppy).

I also tried Airpin which enables airplay, both video and sound and its working great if you have iphone (it also support DLNA)

I have not tried any games yet but I belive it would work, I cannot seem why not.
    Its a really fast and stable unit but it seems the Kernels from strauzo and finless doesnt work with this device so you need to keep the stock kernel.

I think they will release a new rooted stock rom next week so lets hope netflix video will be better.

Henrik

Quote Originally Posted by mrlaban View Post
    Hey, I use the following:
    • Stock kernel
    • Nexus SDK2 Multi Window 1.1 ROM (flashed with Finless 1.4 tool, uncheck kernel, comes rooted)
    • Netflix Black rotation 2.1.1 app (still some problems with this, dont know why)
    Wifi, bluetooth and video (720p) is working in XBMC, but the Netflix is unstable and I am having some issues with skaling the video to HD (a bit choppy).

I also tried Airpin which enables airplay, both video and sound and its working great if you have iphone (it also support DLNA)

I have not tried any games yet but I belive it would work, I cannot seem why not.
    Its a really fast and stable unit but it seems the Kernels from strauzo and finless doesnt work with this device so you need to keep the stock kernel.

I think they will release a new rooted stock rom next week so lets hope netflix video will be better.

Henrik
    Thank you guys. One more question, what kind of pointing/mouse/keyboard devices are you guys using?

Quote Originally Posted by roc1479 View Post
    Thank you guys. One more question, what kind of pointing/mouse/keyboard devices are you guys using?
    Im gonna flash the Nexus SDK2 Multi Window 1.1 ROM too. I use the logitech k400 wireless keyboard with touchpad as input.

BT

I use BT mini mouse & keyboard.

Droidmote works very well...

Netflix problem

Hey I still have problems running Netflix. I have Nexus SDK2 ROM with stock kernel.
    I have tried different netflix versions including the black editions.
    I also tried the netflix fix from xda developers. I got freezes, image without sound and opppsite and scale problems. Anyone got a sollution?

Henrik

Neomode is doing a Rom for it!

http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?p=90015

(J22 = CX919 II)

Quote Originally Posted by everal View Post
    where i can buy this device, found no information to this "description".

thanks...
    It is also available in Germany: http://ereader-store.de/en/mini-andr...e-mini-pc.html

Unhappy Please do not kill me for my stupidity...

As said, I got the J22 / CX919 II.

The Stock ROM is very choppy and not really fast.

Therefore I installed RK Drivers, brought the device into flash mode and flashed the following ROM with NEOMODE's flash tool (Pushed the RUN button in the tool)...

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...II-with-AP6210

Now the device isn't detected anymore While using the HDMI connection to my TV I only see NEOMODE's splash screen...device is appearently not booting.

I guess it is bricked since I don't get a connection to the PC to flash the stock ROM, any ideas? I didn't root the device, anticipated a pre-rooted stick - how stupid.

Any Ideas? What do you think wrong kernel or did I brick it because it had maybe not been pre-rooted.

Thanks for your help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Udo View Post
    Now the device isn't detected anymore While using the HDMI connection to my TV I only see NEOMODE's splash screen...device is appearently not booting.

I guess it is bricked since I don't get a connection to the PC to flash the stock ROM, any ideas?
    I don't think you really bricked the stick. Take a look at post #17:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post82262

You can flash Strauzo's Nexus Rom v1.2 on your stick:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ndows-Official

Just make sure to use the kernel provided by Mrlaban and not Strauzo's kernel

AW: NEW CX-919 II

Quote Originally Posted by Tabber2013 View Post
    I don't think you really bricked the stick. Take a look at post #17:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post82262

You can flash Strauzo's Nexus Rom v1.2 on your stick:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ndows-Official

Just make sure to use the kernel provided by Mrlaban and not Strauzo's kernel
    First of all thank you. The stick isnt detected anymore by the tool. That's the issue. Already checked post17.

Tabber2013 send me a PM I will try his approach to bring my stick back to life.

Best regards!

Quote Originally Posted by Udo View Post
    First of all thank you. The stick isnt detected anymore by the tool. That's the issue. Already checked post17.

Tabber2013 send me a PM I will try his approach to bring my stick back to life.

Best regards!
    let me know if you need the Stock kernel

Hi,

one maybe stupid question. How do you connect the CX-919II to the pc? I'm on not rooted stock rom (usb debugging enabled) but my Win7 will recognize the stick neither connected USB nor OTG port of the stick (I have even tried the DC...). Also no change, if I enable or disable the option "USB -> Connect to PC" in the settings.

I want to root the stick (maybe flash another rom depending on performance of the stock rom), but without connection to pc, no adb, etc.

Thanks
    kichlhuber

So, guys, is it by all components at least the same quality, as CX-919?
    For example, at least same quality/stability Wifi, 1080p? etc? Would you recommend it instead of choosing the first version?

Pls check - is CX-919 II can be powered from TVs USB

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    So, guys, is it by all components at least the same quality, as CX-919?
    For example, at least same quality/stability Wifi, 1080p? etc? Would you recommend it instead of choosing the first version?
    The Wifi is very stable. Additionally you can deactivate the the Wifi optimization option in settings. I am running Nexus ROM + Stock Kernel. 1080p MKV streaming on mx player via Wifi is no issue at all. (I was not able to do this on the Stock ROM, actually i could not see any movie at all).

Tabber2013 provided a manual how to flash the NEXUS Rom. Thanks again ;o)

P.s. NEOMODE is working on a ROM for the J22 / CX 919 II !

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post93740

Especially interested in a modified, custom kernel respectively.

Finless rom 1.5 for cx919 worth also for the wifi chip cx919II ap6210?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast