Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: T428 Nexus Rom SDK2 and Multi-Windows - Official

Quote Originally Posted by strauzo View Post
    2) mount external hd (sorry this is was forgetfulness)
    What about the support for mounting multiple USB storages? Or is this feature another Chinese addition?

init.d apk

Is very simple to use multi-windows with droidmote.

Mainly the only one gesture that you must understand is the one to make windows in gray. To do this you must swipe with two finger, one finger in the window and other on the screen. Put the droidmote mouse on the border windows and with two finger not close, swipe.

Attention: for the nexus multi-windows i already have two bug correction for:

1) automatically run script in init.d (load many modules)
    2) mount external hd (sorry this is was forgetfulness)

Today night or tomorrow i upload a new version
    here is a link to an apk loading init.d at boot http://click.xda-developers.com/api/...13750041374728

Banned
    Nexus SDK 2 Multi-Windows v1.1

solved various bugs:

now init.d script work automatically
    you can mount external hd
    recover from standby work well
    improve responsiveness
    Last edited by Molle; 01-31-2014 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Administrative action

ROM starts in portrait mode. I know I can fix it but can't it run by default in landscape mode ?

nvm flashed a second time and now everything's alright ! Fastest rom on T428
    Last edited by qkpham; 07-29-2013 at 02:34 PM.

ROM Developers
    Strauzo,

Apparently the latest Rikomagic published RK3188 source code incorporates a fix for BT that has now fed into the Rikomagic, Measy and custom ROMS. Do you think you could identify the fix and incorporate in your work? Does the Nexus ROM support exFAT natively?

Edit: Ahhh! Jiust read that your video fix is in the ROM not the kernel and so I guess I should be able to flash your ROM with a Stock kernel (with BT fix) to get a good solution

MK908 kernel?

Where is Strauzo Kernel? (download link)

Hi strauzo. I tried the multi window rom last night and it looked great but the screen scale adjustment slider would not work for me. Did I do something wrong?

I think you mention that this can be adjusted in the build prop. Can you (or anyone else) explain in easy terms how this can be accomplished? It would be much appreciated!

The name "Nexus" does not indicate the porting from a Nexus device, but a rom as close as possible to the Google standards.

<DELETED>
    ...OK, I'm lost. What do each of these offer in comparison to each other?

If I just want something that works all the time, great wifi, smooth video and audio, which one do I get?
    Last edited by Molle; 01-31-2014 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Administrative action

I can't turn off the sleep, "Never" choice is no more available in Multi-window 1.1 ROM. It's impossible to leave sleep mode once it's there. The only solution for me is to disconnect power..

Hi, Strauzo!
    First of all thank you for your hard work on kernels and roms for T428!
    I like your Nexus roms a lot. But in the latest multi-windows 1.1 i found very unpleasant bug. In settings under google account synchronization page there is no checkbox for Browser. Thus bookmarks of different google accounts cannot be synchronized with T428 default browser. This is VERY inconvenient.
    Can you, please fix this bug?

Thanks in advance!

Flawless Victory!

I just wanted to say the latest ROM rocks harder than eight bitches in a bitch boat!

I just did a clean install, connected to 5Ghz, updated the existing apps, and installed Plex. This rom is running with no issues and I didnt even use a CPU app yet!

Well done!
    TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
    ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
    CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
    Recovery: ClockworkMod
    Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
    Kernel: Persus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by qkpham View Post
    I can't turn off the sleep, "Never" choice is no more available in Multi-window 1.1 ROM. It's impossible to leave sleep mode once it's there. The only solution for me is to disconnect power..
    look in developer option "stay awake"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigND View Post
    Hi, Strauzo!
    First of all thank you for your hard work on kernels and roms for T428!
    I like your Nexus roms a lot. But in the latest multi-windows 1.1 i found very unpleasant bug. In settings under google account synchronization page there is no checkbox for Browser. Thus bookmarks of different google accounts cannot be synchronized with T428 default browser. This is VERY inconvenient.
    Can you, please fix this bug?

Thanks in advance!
    sorry. this was my fault.

add this to system/app

<DELETED>

Netflix works , crackle works but hulu plus does not, Its something to do with not allowed device. comes up as nexus rockchip and thats shurely not on their list. fyi
    Mx player through my home media streams well.
    Bluetooth keyboard "HID" Does not work either.

100 percent improvement over the tronsmart so called release.

Some feedback.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobinh2otown View Post
    Netflix works , crackle works but hulu plus does not, Its something to do with not allowed device. comes up as nexus rockchip and thats shurely not on their list. fyi
    Mx player through my home media streams well.
    Bluetooth keyboard "HID" Does not work either.

100 percent improvement over the tronsmart so called release.

Some feedback.
    With a little trick in the build.prop hulu can work.
    I don't use it but you can test by yourself.
    Spoof a device that for sure work.

The rom for it part have all inside and all can work well.
    Widevine drm is the part for netflix and for all future services like netflix. This mean that all the new update also of hulu will work.

Some apps are in update stage to the new widevine drm, but we already have it on the nice nexus multi windows rom.

Now i want see in how many time Rockchip will add this functionalty also in the stock rom.

I think in two year if all is ok but also never

add this to system/app
    <DELETED>
    Forgive my ignorance but is this the general way how entries are added to the Android settings?

Since the kernel included in the nexus rom already supports USB audio devices, could the setting for actually changing the audio device be added like this to the rom as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Molle View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but is this the general way how entries are added to the Android settings?

Since the kernel included in the nexus rom already supports USB audio devices, could the setting for actually changing the audio device be added like this to the rom as well?
    No, you are mixing up two things.
    First, the options aren't just added - there's an extensive API behind the workings of the Settings "app". Other applications can add extra features, if the API supports that, for example, CyanogenMod added the option to display Superuser settings there, IF the Superuser.apk is present.
    In the current state, the Settings API supports for additions under System Info (for an external updater app, such as RKUpdater), and under Accounts (for adding system-wide usable accounts, such as Google, Facebook, etc.). Now, all that the ChromeBookmarkSyncAdapter.apk does is to tell the Google Framework that it is present, and Bookmarks can be synced. The Google Framework is responsible for adding the account settings, and such, sets the flag of the Bookmarks options to visible, thus you can see it.

Second, audio devices. I actually find this option very useful, especially if you want to use an external audio card. But unfortunately the Settings API does not support adding features to the Audio menu, and a simple APK cannot solve that. Plus, for extra audio support, you need the kernel modules too (the simplest thing to do from all of these).

So, what you ask, unless someone takes the time to reverse engineer the code behind the Audio input manager, is not going to happen.

Also on a sidenote, I'd love to see a modular Settings panel, where every settings menu is a separate package (this way we could enable/disable functions by adding the proper APK to the system), and the API could be completely open so apps could add their options (even if as shortcuts) to the Settings panel.

sorry. this was my fault.

add this to system/app

<DELETED>
    Thanks, it worked!

you can mount external hd
    yes but only one,this is useless for me.
    I dont want to play like a Disc-jockey.

Currently Using T428 Nexus SDK 2 Multi-Windows v1.1 it flickers and lags while multi tasking (not multi window) and some times apps auto rotate to portrait even though its looked to landscape. Other then that I love it so thanks for your hard work. One thing that would be great to add is the original UI on the 4.1.1 with power, hide bar, and volume buttons I feel dirty pulling out the power plug so I just shut down via terminal. If that UI can be flashed via CWM I'd be even most grateful.
    Devices
    ODROID XU+E
    -Galaxy Note 3 [
    SM-N9005] | Android 4.3 Antutu 35,755
    -Hackberry A10 | Dual Booting Andriod 4.1 & Fedora 18
    -Tronsmart T428 | T428 Nexus SDK2 Multi-Windows v1.1
    -Ouya Gaming Console | -=StockPlus=- ROM
    Always Making Time To Learn and Experiment

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast