Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pipo M9 Max 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.7 with SDK 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by rrileypm View Post
    If you flash to a different ROM, you need to reflash CWM. It is the exact same CWM in both ROM's.

I haven't played with it, so I don't know for sure what might be causing your flickering. I noticed flickering on my M8 Pro after I flashed my first ROM. But subsequent ROM's fixed it. I haven't tried SDK 2.0 yet on the M8 Pro, because I still don't have possession of my new replacement yet. It is likely a firmware issue. It might take several releases to get the kernel just right again. I'm sure the firmware developers are learning just as we are.
    I'm having slight to moderate flickering too, on the latest (sdk2.0) roms. It isn't constant, and some times toggling the screen on/off removes it. I usually run my tablet at ~75% brightness - and the flickering is most predominant during "overlay" situations (high brightness/focus on something on a part of the screen, and the rest of the screen is dimmed down). In these situations, only the "dimmed down" area flickers. I theorize that they might not have nailed it completely yet - atleast with different brightness levels on different areas of the screen simultaniously. The new SDK most definitely has some tweaks to the GPU, and that most likely needs adaptation to Pipos display controller (SoCs only has a GPU "processor", display controller is an auxilliary component - mostly.)

went back to Riley Rom 1.6. I usually set brightness manually. With 1.6, the flickering only occurs if brightness is set to under 20 or 25% (which is probably why I didn't notice it in stock Rom). With version 1.7, I noticed it with brightness at about 35 or 40%...
    I'll be sticking with version 1.6 for the time being.
    To flash to 1.6, I had to use the RKAndroidTool, as I just don't know the key combination to go into CWM/recovery mode... how do you guys do it?

Quote Originally Posted by santini View Post
    went back to Riley Rom 1.6. I usually set brightness manually. With 1.6, the flickering only occurs if brightness is set to under 20 or 25% (which is probably why I didn't notice it in stock Rom). With version 1.7, I noticed it with brightness at about 35 or 40%...
    I'll be sticking with version 1.6 for the time being.
    To flash to 1.6, I had to use the RKAndroidTool, as I just don't know the key combination to go into CWM/recovery mode... how do you guys do it?
    If CWM is there, boot by holding POWER + ESC. The buttons are the same "volume togglers" as usual, but Pipo remapped them to do other things in Android (ESC & MENU). You can also use the Reboot app.

I advice against attempting to flash RileyROM through CWM. The RileyROM releases are designed to be flashed through RK Android Tool.

Guys, when I went from riley rom 1.7 to 1.6 due to flickering issues, all I did was flash the new rom using the rkandroidtool. I didn't use cwm to flash or wipe data at all. Now I'm worried as I read a tutorial and discovered that I eventually skipped several steps. Everything seems to be ok (apart from flickering if brightness is lower than 25%) but do you think I should reinstall the rom following all the recommended steps in cwm?
    Also I screwed up messing around with superSU and unrooted the tablet. SuperSU is no longer installed. Does this mean that I can no longer access cwm?

If your rom is working fine operation-wize, there's no reason why you should reflash because you didn't follow those steps. The tutorial instructs a "safe route to your destination", but that doesn't mean its the only possible way to get there
    I'm not really sure what to say about the flickering. I have experienced some flickering, but it has been more random, and hasn't been of the same "nature" as your reports.
    Support your local flasher
    Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Actually CWM does not require root. You are OK with that.

The flickering problem has to be a kernel issue.

You might just be able to install Superuser from Google Play because the binaries should still be in place.

Sent from my M8 pro using Tapatalk HD
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Thanks, for your continued support. Funds are low right now for new projects, so your help is greatly appreciated.
    Donate here

Quote Originally Posted by rrileypm View Post
    Actually CWM does not require root. You are OK with that.

The flickering problem has to be a kernel issue.

You might just be able to install Superuser from Google Play because the binaries should still be in place.

A sidenote; Randy, how's Tapatalk HD working out for you? I had major connection and loading issues with it. Real bummer, as the interface is SO much better for a tablet, than Tapatalk 4.

It is WAY different...getting used to the whole new look. But so far it works OK.

Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Thanks, for your continued support. Funds are low right now for new projects, so your help is greatly appreciated.
    Donate here

Thanks for the help. If the flickering is kernel related, the next official update should address it, right? It should be dead and gone upon release of riley rom 1.8. Right, randy?

new sdk2.0 date Sharing Time: 2013-7-9 15:48

looks like a new upload from pipo

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=4033475980&uk=1946954351

Sharing Time:2013-7-9 15:48 i dont know if that mean any thing

Quote Originally Posted by hidroela View Post

I'll take a quick peak - but it looks very much like the end-of-the-month firmware from june.
    The file name doesn't really reveal anything, but a google for it showed hits back to late june.
    Sharing time doesn't really mean anything - just the date/time the file was uploaded to Baidu.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xZen View Post
    I'll take a quick peak - but it looks very much like the end-of-the-month firmware from june.
    The file name doesn't really reveal anything, but a google for it showed hits back to late june.
    Sharing time doesn't really mean anything - just the date/time the file was uploaded to Baidu.
    so that means that they have multiples uploads of the same firmware.on different dates.

Quote Originally Posted by hidroela View Post

Don't bother with it, it's the exact same thing as the previous one. Don't know why they would upload the same exact file twice

Quote Originally Posted by spectra9 View Post
    Don't bother with it, it's the exact same thing as the previous one. Don't know why they would upload the same exact file twice
    Yep, just checked it - the .IMG is dated 29.06.2013 - so this is the same as the current 3G stock rom (as per post date).

SDK 2.0 for non 3G

in this site they claim that the Rileyrom works for non3g versions with 1.2 or 1.3 PCB
    is that the exact same rom provided here ?

click here

anyone tried it ?

AFAIK, they should be interchangeable. With non-3g rom on a 3g tablet, you might actually see a minute battery life increase, as those parts are not in use. Should go without saying - 3g rom on non-3g tablet will not magically enable 3g - and vica verca will not have 3g capabilities.

Don't really see the point now that 1.7 is out though...
    Last edited by pr0xZen; 07-16-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Exclamation Soft buttons trouble M9 3G R-ROM 1.7

Sorry for offtop but m.b. you could help. Got the fresh M9 3G and a problem - in portrait orientation software buttons are not touchable. However In landscape orientation it works fine and touchscreen is definetely working good. Tried your 1.7 ROM but still get the same bug. Consider to be some troubles with calibration. May be you know kinda solution? Thanks.

Have you tried a different launcher, to rule that out? Nova for one, support both orientations on home screen.

Just curious about 3g & non-3g rom... wouldn't battery drain be the same if I flash 3g to non-3g and set it to airplane mode?

Re: Pipo M9 Max 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.7 with SDK 2.0

I don't think anyone has actually tested this theory...we are really just guessing on any battery affect. I just know that for the most part the two ROMs are interchangeable except for the 3g circuitry.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Donate here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast