MINIX NEO X8-H PLUS Global Exclusive Release In GeekBuying Free MINIX M1 Air Mouse. One Lucky Draw Will Get 100% Cash Back For Order Placed In First Three Days.

Thread: NX008HD8G BOOT SPLASH SCREEN RESOURCES

NX008HD8G BOOT SPLASH SCREEN RESOURCES

recently rooted my NextBook 8HD thanks to a method outlined by danoverdrive on the amlogic root thread. All well and good, happy with the new access. Was easily able to change the boot animation, ( though finding one the proper dimensions is proving tricky ). What I can't find is where the boot splash screens are stored. You know, the two different boot up static images. One of them is a girl laying in the grass reading a book (I have no idea why it would be a book rather than a tablet), and the second one is a woman who is really digging the music from her big headphones. They are both ridiculous and lame and I just want to change them to even a blank screen rather than have to see those anymore. But, using root explorer I still can't find the two images. Does anyone have any first hand experience changing the boot splash screens?

The Boot splash is inside the Boot. Img. Tho you must edit it there.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to support or live under.
    Edward Snowden

Please Donate to keep this Site alive.

Okay, thanks. That sounds dangerous. What are my risks there?

AW: NX008HD8G BOOT SPLASH SCREEN RESOURCES

Your risk is to find out how to open the Boot. Img change the logo and flash it back.
    I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to support or live under.
    Edward Snowden

Please Donate to keep this Site alive.

Quote Originally Posted by neomode View Post
    The Boot splash is inside the Boot. Img. Tho you must edit it there.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta
    That's partially true. The first splash screen is part of the bootloader. The second one is /system/media/bootanimation.zip. There is an app in the market that will change it and give you a bunch of choices. I forget what it's called. Otherwise, make or find your own.

There are actually four items.

The first 2 are identical and located in the logo.img and aml_logo.img

The 3rd is the one in the boot.img

The 4th is the bootanimation.

The bootanimation is the only one that can be changed without creating a custom ROM. There are apps that can change this for you on a rooted tablet.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT