Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1101

Thread: T428 Study and Research on Experimental Firmwares

Isnt the chromecast just the same as the wifidisplay/miracast functionality we already have in some of these roms? What difference would there be?

The question is why doesn't it, and the answer is simple, when I looked in the source code of the kernel I found that they had changed a few things, you see everything created in sys folder comes from the kernel, so now the correct line is

echo 95 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/scale

and to easily scale down your display just download this http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_NDk0MQ/ and put it in system/etc/init.d and reboot
    Awesome. Thanks sam321!

Quote Originally Posted by Goosey View Post
    Isnt the chromecast just the same as the wifidisplay/miracast functionality we already have in some of these roms? What difference would there be?
    No it is not.
    WiFiDisplay (WiDi) and Miracast are technologies to mirror the screen of your current device to another display, while Chromecast is basically streaming specific media from your device, pretty much using the Chromecast display as a secondary/extra screen. It is very much like the difference between Windows' multi-screen options Mirroring and Extended Desktop, but in a more Android-compatible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosey View Post
    Chromecast is mostly made to stream cloud based content to a TV set while controlled from smartphone/tab. This goes with Google push to have our content stored in cloud, the same reason why Nexus line of products and now Motorola X do not have SD card. However, you can cast local content including mp4 720p videos from your PC using Chrome browser and that works fine if you have newer PC/laptop due to reason that on the fly decoding requires some CPU power. Having said that, Koush and some others did point out (serach for Koush or MyCast App on Goole+) have pointed out that there is a way to stream local based contend as audio, video mp4 (H.264 or x.264) content and photos including Android Smartphones and Tabs to Chromecast without requiring decoding. Therefore, it seems that we will be able to use Chromecast to stream content from any device. The only point where you would need Miracast on place of Chromecast are two (so far I can see):
    1- You want to stream file which is not supported by Chromecast like old AVI (xvid, divix and such formats)
    2- To play games from your smartphone/tab on your TV set. However, I have heard from reviews that there is sadly a lag in Miracast so maybe it will take some time to get to produce Miracast HDMI sticks perform with smaller lag to actually be useful for gamers.
    As for me, if Kosh's app really let me stream content from my Gnex and tab (he will publish it whenever Google let him), then I will not need Miracast.
    Last edited by peteus; 08-11-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peteus View Post
    2- To play games from your smartphone/tab on your TV set. However, I have heard from reviews that there is sadly a lag in Miracast so maybe it will take some time to get to produce Miracast HDMI sticks perform with smaller lag to actually be useful for gamers.
    As for me, if Kosh's app really let me stream content from my Gnex and tab (he will publish it whenever Google let him), then I will not need Miracast.
    It is actually a problem with the software of the Miracast sticks, the wireless in them is not as good as it should be (great example is our stick), thus the response time is a lot more than it should be. A simple software fix to better utilize more resources for wireless connection should fix it (and maybe better antennae).

Banned
    The first version of CheapCast is ready.

ChromeCast receiver simulator for any android devices.

Good for android hdmi sticks or any other android device that you can connect to your big tv.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...maui.cheapcast

Quote Originally Posted by strauzo View Post
    The first version of CheapCast is ready.

ChromeCast receiver simulator for any android devices.

Good for android hdmi sticks or any other android device that you can connect to your big tv.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...maui.cheapcast
    I shared with my Google+ circles
    Thx

Hey guys, I would like to change my HTPC for a mini PC.
    I readed that android thumbs doesn't play true 1080p movies, it will downscale to 720p then upscalle to 1080p, unless I have a "overclocked 1080p kernel"
    Is there any kernel available for T428 that will play a true 1080p movie? I want it to really be 1080p.
    I have 1080p movies and a 1080p TV, there's no reason for me to buy a player that I won't benefit from my stuff

I really want an android thumb, but if I can't play 1080p movies I will end buying a little black box

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielbsb View Post
    Hey guys, I would like to change my HTPC for a mini PC.
    I readed that android thumbs doesn't play true 1080p movies, it will downscale to 720p then upscalle to 1080p, unless I have a "overclocked 1080p kernel"
    Is there any kernel available for T428 that will play a true 1080p movie? I want it to really be 1080p.
    I have 1080p movies and a 1080p TV, there's no reason for me to buy a player that I won't benefit from my stuff

I really want an android thumb, but if I can't play 1080p movies I will end buying a little black box

thanks guys
    Not atm

Quote Originally Posted by Legitsu View Post
    Not atm
    But is the 1080p kernel being development? I mean, is there any hope? Or TLBB is the way to me?
    I prefer an android stick so I can install emulators

Hi.

Just ordered a t428 and am waiting for it to arrive. Just a few questions in a completely straight forward manner.

I'm not greatly technical and want to get down to a fairly usable machine within the first to third install.

I've been reading the shit out of this thread and have came to the following options for getting down to business. Though the process has been very complex and its hard to keep up without a device to mess around with.

Install the video fixed kernel with the nexus rom, or alternatively one of the Finless roms. Sounds good no?

My needs include:

1. The ability to play 1080p vids/pictures, though I don't see why I would defiantly need the UI displayed in 1080p as surely icons and such are blocky in comparison to the detail of hd pictures/video. So is this 720 motion fixed kernel capable of displaying all of the 1080 detail in video mode or do i have to go to a 1080kernal without the smooth video. I heard in this thread that normal operating 720kernels (i.e. big brand names) are able to play all the video detail in the higher format.

I'm not a high detail junky its just that my tv is 1080 and it would be nice if all those pixels could come into independent function if I desired it. It's a new tv and I consciously bought a fairly dumb one to save some coin and because I knew about these sticks.

does such a kernel/rom combination exist?

Anyway its not a deal breaker as the tv has a fairly competent usb media player for most files. And usually I only use the basic resolution Divx files anyway. Just would be nice to have it all in one department if I so wished. Still wouldn't want to dload a 1080 that can't be displayed without first copying it to usb stick bla bla.

2. Also basic stuff like usb hub with a partitioned NTFS hard drive, thumbdrives usable etc

Actually that's about it.

Is it possible, or must I wait for some new device that i won't be buying because I already have this one.

What compromises am I looking at realistically?

Thanks in advance you developing people.

Guys can I use this rom on mk802iv with its kernel??????

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by GreasyHominid View Post
    Install the video fixed kernel with the nexus rom, or alternatively one of the Finless roms. Sounds good no?
    Yes, it does. One note though: if you'd like the "back" button linked to a mouse right click, use the Finless roms. These are based on manufacturer roms that have a hack that implements this

Quote Originally Posted by GreasyHominid View Post
    1. The ability to play 1080p vids/pictures
    This is where it gets tricky. I'm an android noob, but in smartphones the HDMI output resolution is independent of the UI. But, in these sticks, the resolution is always the same as the kernel. So, if you want 1080p goodness, select a 1080p kernel (independently of the rom). Otherwise, use a 720p one.

Didn't test NFS or external usb disks but I use a nexus rom to watch the vids shared via samba and it works quite well.

Banned

Android 4.3 AOSP on T428 RK3188

This thread is for the experiments, therefore I want to leave some screenshots of my latest experiment:

first appearance of Android 4.3 full AOSP on RK3188. very primitive, with many parts not working...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0314.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	3302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0316.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	3303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0317.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	3304  

This thread is for the experiments, therefore I want to leave some screenshots of my latest experiment:

first appearance of Android 4.3 full AOSP on RK3188. very primitive, with many parts not working...
    Awesome! What is not working at the moment? Does it seem to be about on par with 4.2.2 as far as performance? Im assuming it has more compatibility issues than 4.2.2/4.1.2 due to API changes?
    TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
    ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
    CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
    Recovery: ClockworkMod
    Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
    Kernel: Persus

Way to go, Strauzo! Keep up the spirit!
    Minix Neo X7 / Wasser Firmware 1.0.4 KitKat
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 LTE / CyanogenMod 11.0
    Buy me a beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Spotopolis View Post
    Awesome! What is not working at the moment? Does it seem to be about on par with 4.2.2 as far as performance? Im assuming it has more compatibility issues than 4.2.2/4.1.2 due to API changes?
    probably lots of problems will be related to that damn kernel 3.0.36, which is older than time and buggier than heck.

Re: T428 Study and Research on Experimental Firmwares

Sweet! How can we help? What is your github account.

Excited to get this compiling on my machine as fast as possible. Not to mention porting CM!

Signature? Signature!

T428 Linux Kernel w Working WiFi

Has anyone compiled a Linux Kernel w Working WiFi for the T428? or Can some one please?
    Devices
    ODROID XU+E
    -Galaxy Note 3 [
    SM-N9005] | Android 4.3 Antutu 35,755
    -Hackberry A10 | Dual Booting Andriod 4.1 & Fedora 18
    -Tronsmart T428 | T428 Nexus SDK2 Multi-Windows v1.1
    -Ouya Gaming Console | -=StockPlus=- ROM
    Always Making Time To Learn and Experiment

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic_Dragon View Post
    Has anyone compiled a Linux Kernel w Working WiFi for the T428? or Can some one please?
    is in the first post under linux stuff

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast