Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PMID701c Accessories?

PMID701c Accessories?

Which accessories (cases, etc) have you found to be compatible with this tablet? So far, the only thing I've picked up is this: http://www.target.com/p/Belkin-Kindle-Verve-Tab-Folio-Black-F8N675TTC0/-/A-13996809?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM= |13996809&CPNG=stationery&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=1 3996809
    Belkin Verve Tab Folio meant for the Kindle Fire, unfortunately only comes in Purple or Black. I find the tablet sits nicely in this quality leather case, and though it shows 29.99$ on my link, it rang up at my local Target store for 19.99$. Has anyone tried Kindle Fire (or other brand) screen protectors etc yet?

Case and OTG cable.

The OTG/host mode cable is standard so if you have one from another device or a cheap source like mcbub.com that should work.

I have a $5.95 ebay clone of the Poetic brand kindle fire book cover style case. It is a snug but decent fit.

Going to cut a little more off the top of the right spine to fully expose the power button and cut out the middle bit of the top spine for access to the USB and video port. Otherwise pretty nice and since I have my kindle fire in another one just like it only black (this one is brown) they look like siblings.

Pretty sure it is this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Kindle-F...item2ebaf8536e

Was going to try a ipod video cable and see if it works, I have one I am willing to cut up to figure out the pinout if it does not. But I am knee deep in working on the ROM atm.

my handiwork on the kindle fire case conversion

Here a couple pics of the cheap ebay kindle fire case edited slightly to work with the pmid701c.

I used the foam insert that came with the case as a form to make cutting easier. I made a flap that I folded under put some super glue on and held with my flat nose pliers till it stuck, then I used the pliers to mold the edge nice and flat and tight. I used a toothpick to put a little super glue along the cut edges to prevent frying. Worked out pretty nice. The last picture is the Kindle fire and the Polardroid together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cutting.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ports.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pwrbutton.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	incase.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	siblings.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	307

5 Below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-08 15.13.13.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-08 15.12.08.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-08 15.13.37.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-08 15.13.57.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-08 15.14.38.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	328Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-08 15.14.56.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	329Went in local Five Below (store with lots of closeouts, cheap chinese stuff all below $5) and picked up two "eReader Cover"s "Fits the Kindle Fire and Kindle Keyboard and most e-readers up to 7.5" "

I have attached pics. the Polardroid fits nicely and securely. The straps lay directly over the power and back buttons on the side but do not inhibit the action of the buttons. The strap location actually helps locate the buttons in low light situations. biggest drawback is to use the headphone jackyou have to use two hands to get the jack into the hole and slide the strap out of the way at the same time. Lots of faux materials but feels good to hold and the magnetic closure grabs pretty good.

I also attached pics of the wife's Fire in a different color(silver &pink) cover of the same model.

$5 each
    Tip your Pitsaboi

Biglots 701c
    Updated Google Play Store
    Phone.old
    Netflix v1.52
    "windows using moron"

usb charger

Despite what the manual states, the Polardroid will charge via usb. With that in mind I went digging through my old phone chargers but could not find one, but setting in my car yesterday with the battery draining quickly while playing Ceramic Destroyer (try it!), I looked at my Garmin hanging from the window and low and behold the charger for it worked. I wont be buying a car charger. (I wont have automated navigation while I am charging either. LOL)
    Tip your Pitsaboi

Biglots 701c
    Updated Google Play Store
    Phone.old
    Netflix v1.52
    "windows using moron"

Targus

Targus makes a nice cover for that fits the Polaroid 701C that even has a stand for movie watching or radio listening. Looks kinda like this one for the Samsung Galaxy but nylon not leather http://www.targus.com/us/productdeta...%26%20e-Reader. I couldn't find the one I got on Targus' site. It's at Best Buy for $19.99, a lot cheaper than the others for $35 or $40 I saw there. Wal-Mart might even have it cheaper but the Wal-Marts in our area have been lacking on all other tablets except the Ipad. Check it out.

OOPS! Wow was I wrong it's not a Targus case its a Rocketfish! It is at BestBuy, here's the link http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfi...&skuId=3868237 but it's $24.99 online but it's $19.99 in store. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by vrocko; 04-15-2012 at 05:22 PM.

I got a keyboard case from amazon that came with a USB host cable, the case is pretty good leather and the host cable works with a USB hub, Flashdrive and keyboard. Dont have a mouse to test. The keyboard is ok although the num lock doesn't appear to work

here is the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GH2OF4/...C1_cs_sce_dp_1

it was $15.99 and had both a mini and micro host adapter. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-10 19.04.44.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	332

First ever custom wood and leather case for pmid701c

After searching online for cases, I found all kinds of diy wood cases for Ipad and such, so, being a wood shop teacher, I decided to try to make one for the Polaroid and came up with this:

What yall think?

When I saw the first pic I thought you had hidden your tab in a bible

That certainly is sturdy, wow!

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

Thanks,
    It does look like a book or a bible, I used a strip of leather for the hinge, the "latch" is just a leather strap that sticks into a tab on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by slammer67 View Post
    Thanks,
    It does look like a book or a bible, I used a strip of leather for the hinge, the "latch" is just a leather strap that sticks into a tab on the front.
    What ever it looks like it is very talented work, well done :thumbup:

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

wood case is AMAZING!

How much to make me one? Seriously! That is AWESOME!

I sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by dougg View Post
    I got a keyboard case from amazon that came with a USB host cable, the case is pretty good leather and the host cable works with a USB hub, Flashdrive and keyboard. Dont have a mouse to test. The keyboard is ok although the num lock doesn't appear to work

here is the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GH2OF4/...C1_cs_sce_dp_1

it was $15.99 and had both a mini and micro host adapter. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-10 19.04.44.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	332
    Thanks! I just purchased my tablet today and was wondering if that would work. I just went on Amazon and got it. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime, I needed it to be here before I go to Florida to teach.

Are you running ICS on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by smokey861 View Post
    Thanks! I just purchased my tablet today and was wondering if that would work. I just went on Amazon and got it. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime, I needed it to be here before I go to Florida to teach.

Are you running ICS on yours?
    No I have the 2.3.6, I heard there will be an update later in the week to ICS, although if they dont put the original firmware up in case I dont like ICS I may not do it

Well I found another couple of tablet cases at Big Lots last night. The one I bought, now regretting it, is supposed to fit any and all 7" to 8" tablets but it is just not quite the right size. Too big for the Polaroid tablet I have. The straps to hold the tablet in are too far apart and too loose. You may get a couple straps on the one end but not on the other and if you did I'd be afraid the tablet would fall out because they are loose, so that one's going back. There is another case there that is a zip case that I didn't buy that looks pretty good, should have bought it. The one I got is by Icon and was $8 but it's going back, the zip case is only $6 and is by Travelocity, yeah the same one from TV with the gnome...odd , so that may be the one I replace it with. Later, my nephew came over and he had his Velocity Cruz tablet with him so I tried the Icon case for it but the straps were now too small! His tablet is thicker than the Polaroid and the straps to hold it in were not quite big enough to fit it. You really had to stretch them out to get them on his tablet. You might get them all on but the more you use it the more likely it is to break them. Go figure it's too big for mine and too small for his, so no it DOESN'T fit all 7" to 8" tablets. Oh well at least it's nice to see Big Lots is getting more stuff in for tablets other than the iPad.

Rich

I've heard this one works

I was looking on Amazon last week and read a couple of forum posts from people who owned PolaDroids and they said this one worked good. http://www.amazon.com/DIAOTEC-Synthe.../ref=pd_cp_e_2

Silicone or Gel Case?

Has anyone tried a Kindle Fire silicone or gel case on the Polaroid? Or has anyone found a similar case that will work with the Polaroid's? Thanks PRB

PMID701c with Shawn's ICS
    PMID701i x10 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Has anyone tried a Kindle Fire silicone or gel case on the Polaroid? Or has anyone found a similar case that will work with the Polaroid's? Thanks PRB

PMID701c with Shawn's ICS
    PMID701i x10 Stock
    I got this one and I love it. Only mod I had to do was add some velcro to the back of the unit to make sure it stays in place

http://www.merkuryinnovations.com/pr...02&p_id=100017

It does look like a Bible case. You did a good job on it tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast