Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 179

Thread: Tronsmart T428 Stock ROM - disccusions on the best ROM

  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montreal canada
    Posts
    56
    I must admit i will receive my t428 next week and i hope to see a finless rom based on 4.1.1 with orientation fix and if possible mouse pinch to zoom in the acessibility menu with the best features that makes bob' s roms so special. Until then i will cross my fingers and let the man work for my happyness! Cheers Bob!
    Kennythewise
    Will you add the virtual touchscreen driver for sixaxis users for the rk3188 device in your next rom?

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    643
    Add modules to the kernel that are not compiled with the kernel source itself, can make the kernel unstable. Especially modules that are not part of the standard versions of the linux kernel.

    There are people like Linus Torvalds, who have dedicated their lives to making the linux kernel a good thing and that filter everything that can destabilize. Rely on their Competency for this.

    The kernel is a very important and sensitive part of a device, if we want a good rom, you must start with a great kernel.

    So I hope in future base android rom, with the bare essentials, then others can add all the garbage they want.

    Another general advice is to not only change the vermagic of a module, but specifically recompile this module for the kernel. When using the "barbaric practice" of changing only the vermagic, the module can also be loaded, but 80% of cases makes the kernel unstable.

    Looking in the panorama of android rom for hdmi stick, I see a lot of bad rom just because they have kernels unstable and full of garbage.

    The first to create unstable kernel is the same Rockchip, that in addition to violating the GPL, does not publish even so many parts that are deemed by many as a real garbage.

    All that you can do with external applications, it is best done with these, because if we have problems, we can uninstall.

  3. #83
    Administrator Finless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stanton, California
    Posts
    14,826
    Thread Starter
    I tried adding the pinch to zoom y porting input.so
    Alas once again because the kernel is 3.0.36+ it wont work.
    So until we get kernel sources we can recompile, it is not going to happen yet.
    At least Omegamoon and Leolas is working on it now so lets keep our fingers crossed.

    Bob
    "Przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости их, ибо не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Atyám, bocsásd meg nekik, mert nem tudják mit cselekszenek!"
    "Odpusť jim, neboť nevědí, co činí"
    "Πάτερ άφες αυτοίς, ού γάρ οίδασι τί ποιούσι"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

    Video Link -> Safety Video #1
    Video Link -> CAUTION using powerful tools!

  4. #84
    Administrator Finless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stanton, California
    Posts
    14,826
    Thread Starter
    FYI folks, I just got a updated 4.2.2 T428 stock ROM to test out and try.

    I am testing it now so stay tuned.

    Bob
    "Przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости их, ибо не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Atyám, bocsásd meg nekik, mert nem tudják mit cselekszenek!"
    "Odpusť jim, neboť nevědí, co činí"
    "Πάτερ άφες αυτοίς, ού γάρ οίδασι τί ποιούσι"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

    Video Link -> Safety Video #1
    Video Link -> CAUTION using powerful tools!

  5. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    33

    Mine on the way.

    I ordered mine 3 days ago via DHL. Looking forward to hearing what has been updated and a Finless ROM. Hope it has the heatsinc now! Pura Vida,Joe

  6. #86
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Finless View Post
    FYI folks, I just got a updated 4.2.2 T428 stock ROM to test out and try.

    I am testing it now so stay tuned.

    Bob
    My stick will arrive on MON. Hence I am just curious before I decide what to put on it,
    since what is on it now from the factory is not very useful for my needs.....

    Bob, are you focusing your energy mainlyon improving of the 4.2.2 that's on it now
    or will there be also a "Finless T428 4.1 custom ROM? Thank you.

  7. #87
    Administrator Finless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stanton, California
    Posts
    14,826
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFan1 View Post
    My stick will arrive on MON. Hence I am just curious before I decide what to put on it,
    since what is on it now from the factory is not very useful for my needs.....

    Bob, are you focusing your energy mainlyon improving of the 4.2.2 that's on it now
    or will there be also a "Finless T428 4.1 custom ROM? Thank you.
    I cant seem to fix Netflix on 4.2.2. Yes I plan to make a 4.1.1 ROM.
    Maybe done today or tomorrow evening.

    Bob
    "Przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости их, ибо не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Atyám, bocsásd meg nekik, mert nem tudják mit cselekszenek!"
    "Odpusť jim, neboť nevědí, co činí"
    "Πάτερ άφες αυτοίς, ού γάρ οίδασι τί ποιούσι"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

    Video Link -> Safety Video #1
    Video Link -> CAUTION using powerful tools!

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    643
    Can someone test if Netflix work in this 4.2.2 rom for the T428 ported from the U30GT2 ?

    In my country Netflix don't work. But in this rom should work, because on U30Gt2 Netflix work.

    The kernel is the same of the stock 4.2.2 t428 firmware 1280x720.

    This rom can be a very good rom with BOB's tricks

    Use this rom with the external power supply to have the best performances

    http://d-h.st/ShP

    Bob, please take a look

  9. #89
    Senior Member geekbuying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China
    Posts
    934
    Thanks for the info. i will go to download and test it for you.


    Quote Originally Posted by strauzo View Post
    Can someone test if Netflix work in this 4.2.2 rom for the T428 ported from the U30GT2 ?

    In my country Netflix don't work. But in this rom should work, because on U30Gt2 Netflix work.

    The kernel is the same of the stock 4.2.2 t428 firmware 1280x720.

    This rom can be a very good rom with BOB's tricks

    Use this rom with the external power supply to have the best performances

    http://d-h.st/ShP

    Bob, please take a look
    MiniX NEO X8 and X8-H In stock in GeekBuying right now! Click here to buy!
    Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite in stock now, and price dropped to $99, Get one now!


  10. #90
    Senior Member geekbuying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China
    Posts
    934
    I just installed the rom,and wifi. bluetooth all working,however, when i try to run the netflix which download from google play store, the t428 just reboot,and i am stuck on the no signal menu now on my monitor, have to flash to make it work again.

    don't know what the problem is, hope bob can take a look.

    by the way, where did you see the cube u30gt2 with android 4.2 os can run netflix well?
    MiniX NEO X8 and X8-H In stock in GeekBuying right now! Click here to buy!
    Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite in stock now, and price dropped to $99, Get one now!


  11. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by geekbuying View Post
    I just installed the rom,and wifi. bluetooth all working,however, when i try to run the netflix which download from google play store, the t428 just reboot,and i am stuck on the no signal menu now on my monitor, have to flash to make it work again.

    don't know what the problem is, hope bob can take a look.

    by the way, where did you see the cube u30gt2 with android 4.2 os can run netflix well?
    try with the esternal power supply. with antutu i have also 17300

    and use rotation locker already inside if you have rotation problems.


    i see that netflix work on cube u30gt2 from users messages in internet, but i'm not sure i don't have netflix

    http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/cube-u30gt2/cube-u30gt2-android-4-2-2-custom-root-firmware-beta-version-20130515/page-3/#p22944


    http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/netflix_2_0_2.zip

  12. #92
    Senior Member geekbuying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China
    Posts
    934
    HI i use the external power adapter, but the same.

    the device seems power on, but no hdmi output.

    strange.

    Quote Originally Posted by strauzo View Post
    try with the esternal power supply. with antutu i have also 17300

    and use rotation locker already inside if you have rotation problems.


    i see that netflix work on cube u30gt2 from users messages in internet, but i'm not sure i don't have netflix

    http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/cube-u30gt2/cube-u30gt2-android-4-2-2-custom-root-firmware-beta-version-20130515/page-3/#p22944


    http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/netflix_2_0_2.zip
    MiniX NEO X8 and X8-H In stock in GeekBuying right now! Click here to buy!
    Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite in stock now, and price dropped to $99, Get one now!


  13. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by geekbuying View Post
    HI i use the external power adapter, but the same.

    the device seems power on, but no hdmi output.

    strange.
    the rom or netflix ?

    because the rom on my t428 work well. it strange.

    http://d-h.st/ShP

  14. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by strauzo View Post
    the rom or netflix ?

    because the rom on my t428 work well. it strange.

    http://d-h.st/ShP
    p.s.

    if is the rom, move you mouse , the device after first start go in standby. you must unlock the screen. after, go in settings and add sleep display time to 30 minutes and disable lock screen.

  15. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    77

    New Factory 4.2.2 ROM released on May 22, 2013

    Just checked out the blog at Geekbuying and it looks like Tronsmart has released a new factory ROM which fixes almost nothing.

    Supposedly patches were added to improve video playback but I didn't notice any local video playback problems at all on the 4.2.2 except that any video files on a network or on a USB connected storage device could not be accessed.

    Video playback on the 4.1.1 ROM is what needs fixing. It's looking like 4.2.2 is a place we don't wanna go if Google is incorporating all kinds of DRM into it that won't let Netflix or Hulu work. I guess it's part of what they call "miscellaneous bug fixes" AAahhhaaahahaaaa. How long before Netflix and Hulu announce that versions of Android older than 4.2.2 will "no longer be supported"?

    Can't believe I'm using the hated GK-802 for everything except gaming and gotta switch back and forth between two different TV Sticks to get the job done.

  16. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Adirondack Park, NY State
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by fwupow View Post
    Just checked out the blog at Geekbuying and it looks like Tronsmart has released a new factory ROM which fixes almost nothing.

    Supposedly patches were added to improve video playback but I didn't notice any local video playback problems at all on the 4.2.2 except that any video files on a network or on a USB connected storage device could not be accessed.

    Video playback on the 4.1.1 ROM is what needs fixing. It's looking like 4.2.2 is a place we don't wanna go if Google is incorporating all kinds of DRM into it that won't let Netflix or Hulu work. I guess it's part of what they call "miscellaneous bug fixes" AAahhhaaahahaaaa. How long before Netflix and Hulu announce that versions of Android older than 4.2.2 will "no longer be supported"?

    Can't believe I'm using the hated GK-802 for everything except gaming and gotta switch back and forth between two different TV Sticks to get the job done.

    I agree on what you said about the update adding nothing. I think though with drm which I have been following on for many years now and how its slowly gaining control and support. They will not be able to lock out all the old android operating systems. Remember there is devices out there that have been granted permission and use older versions of android . Example Archos,toshiba,asus and others.
    I think its a start for everything new but whats out there wont be able to be removed thats not how it works. Netflix uses silverlight what is MS owned and controlled but seems netflix is also shopping around and telling customers/developers that they might switch with the next few short years. Well its a crazy world out there and they are all striving to control your little portals to the net and being the way google is most likely they will take on the drm software challenge themself and get Microsoft out of that market. While MS makes money from each android system sold for their licenses also.. A DOGGY DOG WORLD.

  17. #97
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1

    Frequent wifi disconnection

    Hi guys,

    i've just received my T428 last few days. I ordered a MK908 but the stock was out and they offered me T428 instead without any extra charges, so i agreed. I power up with the stock 4.2.2 and it is ok but i notice that there is a frequent DC from the wifi when connecting to my home WLAN. I switched to my broadband wifi and it seems ok but still there is a few DC. Yesterday i tried the 4.1.1/14a, it feels a bit faster but i'm having the same wifi DC. Just need some feedback from you guys based from your experience, my wifi issue was due to my WPA/WPA2 security or due to the wifi drivers/kernel or the wifi hardware is having issue. From my experience with Laptops, putting a right or updated driver solve the issue.

    One more thing, how do i change the boot display, it is a bit to *blink*2 to me
    Last edited by jasrij; 05-30-2013 at 08:23 PM.

  18. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    643
    I found where resides the server part of RKremote.

    As I thought resides within the source code of Android, changing it in many places.

    This server part inject event in the UI of Android, modifying the source code related to the Windows Manager Service and Input Manager Service

    As it is built, disrupts the normal operation of Android and makes the rom unstable. (also a simple mouse movement can crash some apps, not to mention many other problems)

    For this reason all rom derived from tablets (that don't have this cancer inside) work better and are more stable.

    From three days, I'm using the last 26/05 rom of cube u30gt2 and seems to be very fast and stable and no stiffness (adapted with the latest kernel and modules of T428 + lib/hw/hwcomposer.rk30board.so of T428 + build.prop of T428 only for ro.sf.lcd_density=160)

    antutu 17000 and citadel 49.8

    For Bob:
    The cancer is inside services.jar and ruin all roms. I hope you can make a rom without this cancer inside and all we can compare the differences. A rom derived from tablets. We want original Android and not an Android with Chinese things inside.

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by strauzo View Post
    I found where resides the server part of RKremote.

    As I thought resides within the source code of Android, changing it in many places.

    This server part inject event in the UI of Android, modifying the source code related to the Windows Manager Service and Input Manager Service

    As it is built, disrupts the normal operation of Android and makes the rom unstable. (also a simple mouse movement can crash some apps, not to mention many other problems)

    For this reason all rom derived from tablets (that don't have this cancer inside) work better and are more stable.

    From three days, I'm using the last 26/05 rom of cube u30gt2 and seems to be very fast and stable and no stiffness (adapted with the latest kernel and modules of T428 + lib/hw/hwcomposer.rk30board.so of T428 + build.prop of T428 only for ro.sf.lcd_density=160)

    antutu 17000 and citadel 49.8

    For Bob:
    The cancer is inside services.jar and ruin all roms. I hope you can make a rom without this cancer inside and all we can compare the differences. A rom derived from tablets. We want original Android and not an Android with Chinese things inside.
    PLZ POST!!! I have tried to copy what you did but device will not boot when using t428 kernel. I can install the cube rom and it boots just fine and everything works including wifi/bluetooth but ui is laggy af
    Last edited by alwaysbless; 06-01-2013 at 05:46 PM.

  20. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbless View Post
    PLZ POST!!! I have tried to copy what you did but device will not boot when using t428 kernel. I can install the cube rom and it boots just fine and everything works including wifi/bluetooth but ui is laggy af
    Today i zip all and upload. But is simple modify the system.img with the files that i wrote in the last post.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •