UPDATE March 23 2013!
Sorry folks, this time I made a mistake making this MK808B ROM. I used the wrong kernel and parameter files. Total DUMMY mistake.
It's because I do not currently have one of these to test so I cannot confirm a working ROM when I make it.
This is why I call it a BETA TEST ROM!
Anyway the new BETA2 download is up. It should work this time but again you guys will need to test until I get a MK808B.
Let me know,
Well since the MK808 4.2.2 came out and I did a ROM on it, I already have scripted everything in linux to do the MK808B (original).
Yes I had to do some framework.jar work and some other things as this ROM is in my opinion updated from the MK808 Non-b version of 4.2.2. I do expect to see the MK808 non-b updated from them soon! They did make some improvements with this ROM for the MK808B.
So here is the same thing for the MK808B!
This is ONLY for the Original MK808B. It is not for the MK808B clones like the Sunvel.
Why am I calling it 2.0? Because it is a major change yet again. Like from Gingerbread to ICS/JB.
2.0 DOES NOT mean it is a better ROM than say my 1.7 JellyBean 4.1.1.
It's just 4.2.2 Jellybean with mods like my earlier 1.4, 1.5 etc ROMs.
I feel like we are starting over though with 4.2.2. I have already found new bugs and old bugs and fixed what I could. If you want to see what I found as I started making this ROM, read here:
Also this is a BETA test ROM for now. I expect to make future releases.
Features and release notes for my 2.0 JB 4.2.2 ROM:
BUG FOUND in stock 4.2.2 3.0.36+ kernel!!!!
This is in the kernel. They need to fix it. But you can work around it.
The problem shows itself if you cannot connect to wifi. It never authenticates or gets an IP.
Wifi does not turn off, it just wont connect.
The issue has to do with having an external sdcard inserted.
This can happen after a ROM flash or sometimes on a cold power up (after removing power).
If you find your wifi is not connecting, shut down and pull power.
Remove any external SDcard
You should find wifi now works again. Then you can insert your sdcard without issue.
This issue does not always happen. It's some timing problem I believe.
1) Rooted with an updated SU and Superuser.apk that works with 4.2.2
2) Debloated (there is a folder called bloat APPs that contain what I removed).
3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
4) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.
5) Phone carrier fix for Google Market unlock (more APPs show up).
For some reason this was not built in like other stock ROMs.
6) I unlocked hidden settings:
-> Location Services
However unlocking location services causes a battery icon to show in the system tray.
I have not figured out why... it odd for sure. Something to work on later
If you want to get rid of it, edit the file:
7) All Google APPs updated except Google Search
8) Busybox that I like best Wraitdu 1.19.4
9) 1gb and up to 4gb parameter files available for more APP space. 1GB is the default for the flash tool.
Stock ROM had only 512MB APP space.
See below for instruction to use other parameter files to change you APP space
10) I added Xbox360 keylayout to fix some games and camera spin with xbox 360 controller. Per this post here:
11) Changed build.prop so USB connaction to PC is a Mass Storage device and not a MTP device.
This ROM has no settings to change that at all (I will fix that later). I prefer a Mass Storage device myself.
You can easily change it back in build.prop. I commented out the MTP line.
12) Petrus reboot APP is added.
CIFS.ko, Xpad.ko, md4.ko, etc is already in the stock kernel! China dev's are learning
Expect some rooted APPs to not play right due to the new multi-user permissions of 4.2.2
Wifi seems slow to me? Please TEST and help!
AS ALWAYS! See the README in the ROM download for full details and instructions!
Here is the ROM download:
ROM -> MK808B JB 4.2.2 - Finless 2.0 ROM - BETA-2 (270 megs)