OK guys I spent a lot of time on ths ROM. I think personally it is one of my BEST ROMs yet!
Lot's of cool features you MK808 users have not had from me.
PERSONAL ASK PLEASE! Please respect my work! I ask that this ROM not be uploaded to file sharing sites or distributed elsewhere! I want ALL users to get my ROMS from FreakTab. This way you KNOW your getting my work and the latest ROM available. This is not a difficult request. Please respect my ask as if not, one day I may stop making ROMs.
WHAT THIS IS NOT:
THIS IS NOT FOR THE MK808-B or any other OEM that has bluetooth support! If you use this ROM good chance your wifi will NOT WORK anymore! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
This is not a true 1080P kernel ROM!
2dark4u is still working on a good 1080P kernel for you. It's not done yet and that will be in a MK808 1.7 ROM. HOWEVER, I have spent a lot of time tuning this for best look at scaled up 1080P. Trust I think you will like how it looks
It will also be the base for 1.7 (I hope )
WHAT THIS IS:
1) This is NOT a true 1080p ROM! 2dark4u is still working on a 1080 kernel for the MK808. So that will be 1.7 ROM. However I have CUSTOM TUNED this ROM so it looks good "set" at scaled up 1080P!!! Font's Icons, etc!
On first boot I have DEFAULTED this ROM to boot at 1280x720 for compatability with older TVs!
Some people cant boot custom ROMs unless EDID is ignored. So I forced this to 1280x720 on first boot! If you want the BEST look and your TV does 1080, then first thing to do is go into display settings and change it to 1080! I think you will like how it looks scaled up now from 720!
2) Hide status bar NOW has a easy return. My previous hide status bar the only way to get it back was to change apps. Now all you need to do is put the mouse at the botton edge of the screen and click and swipe up! Status bar is back!
3) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported! In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk. You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotly control your TV player! Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc. ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!
4) Powering your device down STABLE without it bricking! Included on the status bar is a power down soft button. USE IT! I have also added reboot APP by Petrus to allow you additional reboot options. NEVER JUST UNPLUG your TV player. It can brick the device and cause you to reflash ROM. Android does not like to be unplugged. It can corrupt the ROM or user data area. WHY early units did not have this feature is beyond me! It bricked MANY PEOPLE! Now it should work well.
5) Two boot.img's available. While this is NOT a 1080P ROM for those that want to use Kriz MK808 or other 1080 kernels and do not want the boot screen all jacked up, I have added a boot1080.img file.
The boot720 is set as default. If you decide yto use another 1080 kernel, just change to boot1080.img
To change a selection for boot, in the flash tool click the empty box to the far right of boot line.
A file browser will open. Navigate to the FinlessROM folder and select the boot1080.img
Features in 1.6 ROM:
1) Optimized for scaled up 720 to 1080 for best look!
2) Hide status bar soft button with "easy" bring it back up by dragging mouse from bottom up!
3) Shut down soft button! USE THIS instead of unplugging and causing a BRICK of your ROM!
4) Fully rooted with the latest SU and SUperUser.apk
5) Debloated of china and other junk APPs you an get back from Google Play
6) FULL GOOGLE PLAY mods! Onlive and other Apps shouls show up now.
If you want more compatabiliyt like Gameloft, you must edit build.prop. See Freaktab.com for that info.
7) Soft volume buttons on status bar.
8) Special add for this ROM. Full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
If you do, you can now install and use boot time scripts like V6 SUper Charger!
9) All APPs are up to date! So you will not get any Google Play APPs needing updated.
10) Cleaned up the file system so it is not fragmented! Basicly I used linux tune2fs when making the images.
11) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
12) The Xbox XPAD.KO module is now injected on boot. This was by request! Enjoy!
13) CIFS, TUN and MD4 KO modules were also added by request.
In the ROM kit there is a read me! This has full instructions for how to upgrade. So PLEASE read the read me!
Here is my Finless 1.6 MK808 ROM:
ROM -> MK808 Finless 1.6 ROM (244 megs)