Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: RockChip ROM Building Tips and Tricks by Finless

Exclamation Please, in need of help with a non RockChip device

Hello. First my respects to @finless and all devs contributing in this forum. I love the Android Community!

I decided to write in here my request because there is not a section in this forum for the other smart tv stick i own. The Equiso standard units which was a kickstarter project and left thousand of disappointed users.

The specs are:

• Android 4.0
    • 1Ghz Arm Cortex A5 Processor
    • 512 MB DDR3 RAM
    • Mali 400 3D Graphics Processor
    • 802.11 N wireless radio
    • 8 GB Memory Internal
    • 1.4 HDMI Plug n' Play Interface, 3D, ESD protection, CEC
    • USB 2.0 Plug n' Play Interface
    • USB 2.0 Micro - Powering of the Device (For TV's with no MHL)
    Is it possible for @finless or any other superb dev to take a look to the last beta update.zip released by Equiso loooooooooong time ago to see if there is something else you can do for that rom, any other improvement or whatever honestly. Let me tell you the major issue we are having is a annoying WAIT, CLOSE popup window every few minutes. If someone could find a way to fix this or at list modify the rom for better many will be much appreciated.

The Equiso team had abandoned us and while many users included me contributed with rooting , build.prop tweaks, spoofing US locked apps, etc is not enough to really enjoy that little device at list for the popup window i have mentioned.

If you need more info about what has been done here is the equiso forum link:

http://www.equisoforum.com/

Not sure if you can do something without source because that's one of the problems for not farther development too. Some people have reported that indeed this device was nothing innovating but that Equiso associated with Uptek company to distribute the hardware and crappy software.

I'm not a newbie, actually im an advanced user at XDA that likes to help but im not a dev of high category lol though i love to mess with my devices and learn day by day. It is why i found this thread and have read it all. Thank you for the instructions and Tips have helped a lot.

That being said i won't go more offtopic in here i just wanted to make this request public, you can go ahead and pm me to keep up with this or i can go post this request in another thread you suggest.

Cheers,

~ V

Quote Originally Posted by snakekiller View Post
    Do you have a link to the stock rom where the 3g mode is enabled in settings
    I think its more than just a setting option, probably drivers too. Anyhow here is a link to the stock rom, and here is a link to a custom rom from TNT. Both work on my tablet, but the latter has no power modem option in the settings menu, but it has a much more stable wifi among a host of other improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by 01101110110110 View Post
    I think its more than just a setting option, probably drivers too. Anyhow here is a link to the stock rom, and here is a link to a custom rom from TNT. Both work on my tablet, but the latter has no power modem option in the settings menu, but it has a much more stable wifi among a host of other improvements.
    ok i downloaded the 2 roms

i look tonight maybe (its my birthday today) or in the weekend for making a new custom rom with the stockrom.
    i let you now when it is ready for testing ok .
    if you love my work please buy a coffee

Happy birthday , thanks again for helping me and taking the time to look into this, I don't mind waiting. I'd also appreciate some tips on what you did eventually so I could learn more about customizing & ROM development.

Happy birthday , thanks again for helping me and taking the time to look into this, I don't mind waiting. I'd also appreciate some tips on what you did eventually so I could learn more about customizing & ROM development.
    ok
    we take baby steps allright?
    what i did.

i extracted the stock and custom rom from your link.
    i maked a package for flashing.
    i just taked the stock system.img. and maked it larger.(for later adding stuff and apps like the custom rom).
    all the rest like boot and kernel and parameter is the same like the custom rom.

so if this package flash en boots fine .
    first look if you got the 3G options in settings.
    if not then i think that it has to do with the kernel from the custom rom.
    if you got the option and it works .
    then i add all the rest like the custom rom.

but first let's test if this package works.

here is the link

http://sdrv.ms/15K4Gtt

how flash it.

- extract the zip file
    - put your tablet in flashmode.
    - run flashtool.exe
    - tick the unticked loader sow it ticked now.
    - let backup unticked

if the tool found the tablet(found rkandroid rock usb)
    click erase idb first.
    if this is done
    click run. (the button left erase idb)

thanks for the guide, I had tried the opposite of this, using the stock kernel/boot with the custom rom. I tried your rom and the option now does in fact appear, but when I click it nothing happens, it doesn't mark the checkbox to suggest its powered. And nothing else happens (no signal appears), I just get the standard "The 3g module is opening, please wait a moment". So it seems whatever controls the menu option is in system.img, while the actual module drivers are in boot or kernel. Problem is I can't figure out what the driver is called.

Also I have a seperate question, in your rom you had a config.cfg for the flash tool which describes where everything is, how do you create that file ?

thanks for the guide, I had tried the opposite of this, using the stock kernel/boot with the custom rom. I tried your rom and the option now does in fact appear, but when I click it nothing happens, it doesn't mark the checkbox to suggest its powered. And nothing else happens (no signal appears), I just get the standard "The 3g module is opening, please wait a moment". So it seems whatever controls the menu option is in system.img, while the actual module drivers are in boot or kernel. Problem is I can't figure out what the driver is called.

Also I have a seperate question, in your rom you had a config.cfg for the flash tool which describes where everything is, how do you create that file ?

ok now i know that it is flash and boot succesfull.
    i upload now the stock kernel only.
    go to the folder SnakeRom and replace the kernel.img.
    and flash the whole thing again please.
    and see if 3 g works now.

here is the link to the kernel.

http://sdrv.ms/123JRag

yes this works, now how do we transfer this to the custom rom ?

Re: RockChip ROM Building Tips and Tricks by Finless

Not.
    I transfer the apps and other stuff to the stock rom

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5660 met Tapatalk

Has the stock rom root or not?

ok i added the custom rom stuff.
    look if its boot succesfull and if 3g is working also.
    and if root is working.

here is the link

http://sdrv.ms/14f3HUa

if this works i make a bootscreen and a bootanimation for it

Quote Originally Posted by snakekiller View Post
    ok i added the custom rom stuff.
    look if its boot succesfull and if 3g is working also.
    and if root is working.

here is the link

http://sdrv.ms/14f3HUa

if this works i make a bootscreen and a bootanimation for it
    i maked the custom bootscreen for the rom.

thanks, I'll give it a try. The stock rom wasn't rooted but it was easy to root, the custom was rooted though. Also why not just move the drivers to the custom rom ? How do you know you moved all the customizations to the stock one ?

Sorry I've been away for most of the day, I'll give it a shot and report back after I get some sleep

thanks, I'll give it a try. The stock rom wasn't rooted but it was easy to root, the custom was rooted though. Also why not just move the drivers to the custom rom ? How do you know you moved all the customizations to the stock one ?

Sorry I've been away for most of the day, I'll give it a shot and report back after I get some sleep
    the custom rom from you is very basic.
    its just rooted ,init.d support,no build.prop tweaks,and just some extra apps.

I saw in the pipo thread on page 2 there is already a m3 G3 custom rom.
    its from rrilley.
    he is the man for this tablets.
    did you try his rom already.because if you tested my rom and some stuff won't work .
    then you can use his rom.

here is the link

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...G-RileyROM-1-0

there were build.prop tweaks, it was certainly better with wifi as well. I haven't actually seen rriley's rom before posting here, however I did see it later and noticed it was one of his least developed roms with just root and 2gb app space, there were no build.prop fixes or any apps, but I've yet to test it. Yours has also booted fine with 3G, thanks for your help. I've certainly learned quite abit from this thread and will probably continue tinkering with this rom and others.

You didn't answer one of my questions earlier though, how do you get the flash tool to export relative paths in the config.cfg file.

I dont known that. How you set the config file.
    if you happy with our work,please give a donation for supporting us

One question is root working now ?

yeah root works

Ok thx .
    Ill add my bootanimation and bootscreen to it and upload the whole package in the pipo section

And wifi is it like the custom rom?

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast