I have updated my 1.4 ROM to 1.4a and put in some fixes people wanted. Everything in 1.4a is tha same as 1.4 but with these changes:
1) China mobile framework.jar FIX for full Play store.
Special Thanks to Deadhp1 from for this fix!:
2) I removed any flash player! You can now install whatever version you want easily!
3) All APPS updated to latest versions (includes Youtube that works).
You will not need to update anything in the play store as of this date 10/27
4) I added init.d support to this ROM. If you don;t know what that is, ignore it.
If you do know what that is you will now be able to run startup scripts like V6 Super Charger
or even make your own!
5) Loader is updated to 1.16. If using the "hard way" flash tool, do not uncheck that.
Easy way update.img will install the new loader for you.
Enjoy the update! The link below have been updated to 1.4a. Just redownload it.
www.In4dealz.com sent me a ug802 Android mini PC to make a custom ROM for. Well mission accomplished!
So what is a Finless 1.4 ROM for this device?
Features in 1.4 ROM:
1) Fully rooted with the latest SU and SuperUser.apk
2) System is now mounted as Read/Write.
3) Google Play fixes applied to open the full Google Play store without changes to build.prop.
3) Added the stock ICS Launcher. So users now have a chopice for the full Android launcher experience or use the custom launcher the ug802 comes with.
4) Debloated of unusable APPs. In fact the stock Launcher will not show basic APPs like Google Maps, etc. in the APP list! However using the stock launcher will. However I removed all that junk for better performance.
5) Cleaned up the file system so it is not fragmented! Basicly I used linux tune2fs when making the images.
6) I added a reboot APP that will allow you to reboot the device from the Android UI. No more unplugging the unit!
7) ADDED BONUS but only if you flash this ROM the hard way! User APP space by default is only 504MB.
If you flash this ROM using the PC based flash tool, I have increased that to 1Gig. However, using the SDcard update.img method for this ROM still leaves you with 504MB. Update.img from SDcard cannot repartition the memory space. So if you want the larger APP space, use the PC flash tool.
Now I figured out how to put this device into PC based ROM flash mode! Prior to this the only way was to put update.img on the sdcard to update. update.img does not allow you to repartition the image areas. PC flash tool does! Using my ROM flash tool (included in the kit with drivers required), you can now reboot the unit into full ROM flash mode. WHY would you want to do this? Well one thing is you can use the PC based ROM flash kit and get more user APP space! instead of a small 512mb this PC flash tool version ROM has 1 gig of APP space now
In both ROM kit versions there is a read me! This has full instructions for how to upgrade either the PC ROM flash tool, or update.img on SDcard. So PLEASE read the read me!
Here is the easy update.img version of my in4dealz ug802 1.4 ROM:
ROM -> ug802 Finless 1.4 ROM easy update.img version(165 megs)
Here is the PC based flash tool version of my in4dealz 1.4 ROM:
ROM -> ug802 Finless 1.4 ROM PC flash tool version (165 megs)