MINIX NEO X8-H PLUS Global Exclusive Release In GeekBuying Free MINIX M1 Air Mouse. One Lucky Draw Will Get 100% Cash Back For Order Placed In First Three Days.

Thread: CRAIG - CMP741e - 7 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET

CRAIG - CMP741e - 7 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET

Anyone have one of these?

http://www.craigelectronics.com/site...ils.php?id=414

This is a tab that CRAIG markets through Rx stores such as CVS and Rite Aid for $70 to $100 bucks. I purchased mine last week, and I have been playing with it. I like it. I have the 10.1" Arnova 10bG2 flashed with the Finless masterpiece, GingerComb. I like it too, but it seems too big for a tote-around tab, and the resistive screen is kind of murky. I wanted to try a 7" Capacitive, so I picked up this CRAIG. I have not found much support for it... including the CRAIG website... their website feels like it was designed by a Junior Marketing/IT student.

As to the CMP741e - it feels like a good little tab. It is running Android 4.0.3 - Ice Cream Sandwich. I am not familiar with this version. Either CRAIG did a MAJOR MOD on it, or the powers that be did... It seems quite foreign. The tab does not include Google Play (imagine that...?), but does have a link to the Amazon App Store. I finally got logged-in, and was not able to successfully download any apps. I tried to log into Google Play, and did... But I was not able to download anything there either. So, I am kind of stumped... I have a nice little cheap tab, but cannot do much with it.

Any advice/help/comments/rants... greatly appreciated. BTW - I did find one forum where a user uploaded the image for this tab... "Craig CMP741e Boot Zip". If that can get some movement on this thread, message me, and can email you the ZIP file... I was not allowed to attach it here.

Cheers, guys!
    Doug
    Last edited by dmwj2; 08-03-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo