Page 62 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2175

Thread: UPDATED - Beyond XBMC (Beta 3.4)

Quote Originally Posted by INFIN1TY View Post
    True. Its allready enabled on show hidden folder/files.. but seems like i cant see what i want too see
    ahh sorry babe..thought that might be it

Quote Originally Posted by candita View Post
    ahh sorry babe..thought that might be it

Its all good, thanks anyways

Its all good, thanks anyways
    no problem..your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
    This works.
    Thanks I will try that.
    I watched a 1080p movie last night (Gravity) off my usb hard drive and it stuttered like crazy with the internal player, so I watched it using MX player and it worked pretty well, other than an audio sync problem which seemed to rectify itself after I had paused the movie tryng to figure out how to alter it in MX player.

First... I need to correct the path to the add-ons folder I posted earlier... was wrong... they are located at...

/data/data/com.flumpster.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/addons

I dont use them, so i want to clean it up thats all. Also i want to have the opurtunity to remove a addon if i desire that, i dont like being locked out. Is karaoke part of any of those sources? Why cant i just ''uninstall'' it.

For the rest this XBMC build runs awesome on MK902.

One of the main points and reasons that Beyond XBMC was created was to have a setup that already includes all of the add-ons installed so users would have less setup time. To do that, those had to be placed in the app folder where apps are installed... If you didn't want one that was pre-setup this say, then perhaps another XBMC version would fit you better... but you'd then need to add each add-on you'd want one at a time and not to mention tweak out the build to operate as smoothly as Beyond XBMC does.

... If you do like having it presetup like it is... then you must accept that to remove a pre-installed add-on be done the way it is and requires that you delete them in the manner that was mentioned before.

Hopefully having the full ( and proper ) path to the add-ons now... you'll be able to address the issue with the Karaoke just by deleting the add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by ryadre View Post
    Thanks I will try that.
    I watched a 1080p movie last night (Gravity) off my usb hard drive and it stuttered like crazy with the internal player, so I watched it using MX player and it worked pretty well, other than an audio sync problem which seemed to rectify itself after I had paused the movie tryng to figure out how to alter it in MX player.
    You can adjust the audio sync in the menu if you click the speaker icon at bottom right of screen. It is an xbmc function, but I think it will still show while using MX as your player.
    Edit... It may be upper right, but it should be somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
    You can adjust the audio sync in the menu if you click the speaker icon at bottom right of screen. It is an xbmc function, but I think it will still show while using MX as your player.
    Edit... It may be upper right, but it should be somewhere.
    Yea I know what you mean, but unfortunetly those options arent available when using mx player.

Flumpster, there is something happening that causes the launcher version to quit after the splash screen on all of my KK tablet ROMs. No errors or anything, it just quits.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Thanks, for your continued support.
    Donate here

Thanks I will try that.
    You don't say which device, speed and ROM you are using and when you purchased it may also come into play... those are very important if someone is going to help you find possible causes.... I'll mention some general things ....

This build is primarily made for Rockchip chipsets ( CPU/GPU ) such as the quad core RK3188 and many have reported good results even on the dual core RK3066's as well. The tweaks done are so the GPU can use hardware acceleration. If your device doesn't use one of those chipsets... then that would give you and answer. Recently, Rockchip also released a cheaper CPU/GPU called the RK3188-T which doesn't run as fast as the RK3188... I suspect results on this chipset will vary since the quality of them vary so much.

I'm currently watching the 1080p version of Gravity which is in a MP4 format that is on my Toshiba 2Gb USB hard drive I've got attached directly to my Minix Neo X7 .... not a single stutter/jutter or anything, all smooth up to the 25 minute mark so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rdsok View Post
    First... I need to correct the path to the add-ons folder I posted earlier... was wrong... they are located at...

/data/data/com.flumpster.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/addons

One of the main points and reasons that Beyond XBMC was created was to have a setup that already includes all of the add-ons installed so users would have less setup time. To do that, those had to be placed in the app folder where apps are installed... If you didn't want one that was pre-setup this say, then perhaps another XBMC version would fit you better... but you'd then need to add each add-on you'd want one at a time and not to mention tweak out the build to operate as smoothly as Beyond XBMC does.

... If you do like having it presetup like it is... then you must accept that to remove a pre-installed add-on be done the way it is and requires that you delete them in the manner that was mentioned before.

Hopefully having the full ( and proper ) path to the add-ons now... you'll be able to address the issue with the Karaoke just by deleting the add-on.

Used Gotham before, worked smoother. But with icefilms the subs didn't work proper on beyond they work. (download,temp,play) Dunno why.

All I need is fusion, icefilms, 1channel, sports devil and subs.

Issues I came across in beyond mouse pointer out of sync (reboot app fixes that) "exit" time takes long some times. Some addons random reboot to main. But that's most likely not a beyond issue. For the rest its cool. And what I want it to do, it does. So its all good.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Used Gotham before, worked smoother. But with icefilms the subs didn't work proper on beyond they work. (download,temp,play) Dunno why.

All I need is fusion, icefilms, 1channel, sports devil and subs.

Issues I came across in beyond mouse pointer out of sync (reboot app fixes that) "exit" time takes long some times. Some addons random reboot to main. But that's most likely not a beyond issue. For the rest its cool. And what I want it to do, it does. So its all good.
    Just straight up Gotham was/is smoother than Frodo... but of the various Frodo versions I've used, Beyond XBMC has been the best. I can't wait until Gotham is out of beta and released and Frumpster is able to tweak it out also.

The only time I've seen the mouse pointer out of sync... was when I minimized the system bar after opening XBMC ( any version )... then the pointer was always about 70px too high... this is a ROM/OS issue and isn't XBMC related.

I can't remember the exit times on other versions of XBMC enough to comment... to tell the truth, when I close it down I usually need to go somewhere or to bed so I never really notice it much.

You don't say which device, speed and ROM you are using and when you purchased it may also come into play... those are very important if someone is going to help you find possible causes.... I'll mention some general things ....

This build is primarily made for Rockchip chipsets ( CPU/GPU ) such as the quad core RK3188 and many have reported good results even on the dual core RK3066's as well. The tweaks done are so the GPU can use hardware acceleration. If your device doesn't use one of those chipsets... then that would give you and answer. Recently, Rockchip also released a cheaper CPU/GPU called the RK3188-T which doesn't run as fast as the RK3188... I suspect results on this chipset will vary since the quality of them vary so much.

I'm currently watching the 1080p version of Gravity which is in a MP4 format that is on my Toshiba 2Gb USB hard drive I've got attached directly to my Minix Neo X7 .... not a single stutter/jutter or anything, all smooth up to the 25 minute mark so far.
    Sorry, I mentioned a couple of posts before, I have a brand new Minix Neo X7 from geekbuying and have installed quickshot v2 and Beyond XBMC, have the movie playing off a 1Tb mains powered usb harddrive. I have it connected to my HD ready 42inch plasma (not full HD).

The Gravity file is

Size ...............: 15.4 GB Video ..............: 1920x1080 Bitrate ............: 21816 kbps (x264 High@L4.1) Audio 1.............: English DTS-HD MA 5.1 Ch 2369 kbps

Another thing I will have to look in to when I have time is getting the Opitical audio out to work. I had a quick play changing the settings in XBMC to make it work but all I got was a static noise.

Sorry, I mentioned a couple of posts before, I have a brand new Minix Neo X7 from geekbuying and have installed quickshot v2 and Beyond XBMC, have the movie playing off a 1Tb mains powered usb harddrive. I have it connected to my HD ready 42inch plasma (not full HD).
    I can only suggest the source file is to blame then... since I'm on a X7 running Quickshot v2 also. Perhaps testing with another 1080p video would be in order.

I can only suggest the source file is to blame then... since I'm on a X7 running Quickshot v2 also. Perhaps testing with another 1080p video would be in order.
    Thanks, I will try that. Ran fine on MX player though. And a 720p version of Anchorman did have some slight stutter when I first tried it in the internal player, however when I went to actually watch it later on, it was ok. Im just learning all about this kind of stuff so will have to have a play around

Thanks, I will try that. Ran fine on MX player though. And a 720p version of Anchorman did have some slight stutter when I first tried it in the internal player, however when I went to actually watch it later on, it was ok. Im just learning all about this kind of stuff so will have to have a play around
    General steps to take before reporting anything computer-wise... recreating the issue and seeing it happens often. If/when I have any computer issue... the first step I take is to restart the computer and retest just to ensure nothing else was/is running in the background that may be affecting the system.

Quote Originally Posted by rrileypm View Post
    Flumpster, there is something happening that causes the launcher version to quit after the splash screen on all of my KK tablet ROMs. No errors or anything, it just quits.
    This is probably to do with the launcher version not having permissions to write to external storage mate. I could make you a test version if you wanted with that permission put back to try.

Beyond xbmc doesn't work properly on kitkat tho as far as I am aware and you will not get hardware acceleration.
    To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

A victim of your own success

I think the secret source you added for 1Channel is no longer working, as my ISP (Talk Talk uk) is running DPI and it now seems they are blocking your proxy

Quote Originally Posted by gollygosh View Post
    I think the secret source you added for 1Channel is no longer working, as my ISP (Talk Talk uk) is running DPI and it now seems they are blocking your proxy
    I just fixed it. There was so many people hitting it at once the webhost knew it was a robot script and blocked it.

It is back up for now but I don't know if it will last forever. I shall make another as a backup.

Edit: Here is a backup proxy in case the other goes down. http://beyond.netau.net/
    To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Hi flumpster ,
    first i would like to thank you for this amazing version of xbmc

Second , could you please please please take a look why xbmc gotham doesn't play 1080p movies well , cause i like gotham for 3d subtitles support , i have many 3d movies and i can't use beyondXbmc for that

Please take a look , i dont think it will hard for you to fix it , you're a genius .

ps: whe i try to play 1080p in gotham , it play well about 30seconds and frames drop dramatically to 10/12 fps

Thanks again

Flumpster can you also please have a look at the librtmp issue ? I managed to find an update librmp for gotham but not for beyond xbmc

Page 62 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast