PDA

View Full Version : App Injector by Petrus

petrus
04-02-2012, 03:54 PM
For those who want to use my AppInjector for their own needs, here is the new version.
It will be included in next versions of "barebone" Roms made by Finless Bob and whover finds it useful.

New version : AppInjector_v1.3.0.apk (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyz0mhk7vzld0fe/AppInjector_v1.3.0.apk)

Here is the complete changelog :

version 1.3.0 :

* New app icon.
* New Menu entry : select package file to load
* New Menu entry : create a backup package from the currently installed apps (user and system)
* Use zip binary for android
* Added another menu entry (zip license) to print the included zip binary license

version 1.2.3 :

FileSystem Utils bug fix.

version 1.2.2 :

Updated "Root and FileSystem Utils Internal library" : mainly a bug fix.

version 1.2.1 :

With new versions of SU, /system seems to be remounted Read-Only from time to time, so some apps were injected, while others were not. This new version remounts /system Read-Write before injecting every system app.

version 1.2.0 :

* Menus :
- About Menu
- Help Menu
- Changelog Menu
- Exit Menu
- Reboot Menu
* Reboot : cleanly unmount filesystems before rebooting, to avoid data corruption

* If library file (.so) is included for an app injected in /data/app, ignore it, as it should be extracted from the apk : it is only useful for apps that are injected in /system/app

* Temp dir moved to internal storage, so if there is no sdcard, apps installed to /data can be extracted safely before installing

* Remount /system in read/write mode if needed.

* supporting new apps.xml file format, as well as old apps.csv file formats.

version 1.1.0

* new apps.csv file format :
- if first line is "#1", switch to new file format for apps :
app name, file name 1 with possible spaces, file 2, ..., destination
- if first line is "#0" or doesn't begin with a "#" character, the old file format is used

* General fixes, for new and old file format :
- files injected in /system/app now receive permissions as follows : rw for root and read only for others (chmod 644)

- for files injected in /system/app : if it is a "lib file" (ie ends with ".so", it is copied in /system/lib rather than /system/app

- safer low level commands, that can now handle package.zip file names with spaces inside name, and files inside, in new file format are now "space-proof"

version 1.0.1

* bug fix : reboot function didn't work

version 1.0.0

This is the first version featuring everything I planned for a 1.0 version. There were other versions before but I didn't have a real changelog at that time. So here are the main features of the 1.0.0 :

* search for a file named package.zip with an "apps.csv" file inside, which describes apps that can be installed with that package
* if files are missing inside zip, stop before installing (prevents boot loop after installing incomplete app files)
* many bug fixes : print a warning rather than force close
* if package.zip not found in default location, browse for a valid zip file (containing an apps.csv file)
* after installing, prompt for reboot (if you don't reboot some apps won't show or force close)
* cleaner parsing of apps.csv inside package.zip file
* when installing, you can use the "back button" to stop installation after the current application.
* If you install over a previous application, it will be overwritten.

More information :

* Like previous version, 2 "apps.csv" file formats are supported :

- the old one :

first line that will be printed to the user
"another line, that can have comma characters in it, if you put double quotes around it, but if you want to put double quotes inside, make it like this : \", with a backslash before the doublequote char first"
application name 1 installed as a system app, file_1.apk file_1a.apk file_1.odex,/system/app
application name 2 installed as a user app, file_2.apk file_2.apk file_2.odex,/data/app
"application name 3 installed as a system app, with comma in its name", file_3.apk file_3a.apk file_3.odex,/system/app
"application name 4 installed as a user app, with comma in its name", file_4.apk file_4.apk file_4.odex,"/data/app"
application 5, app5.apk, /system/app

- the new one (handles spaces inside of file names, which is not possible in first format)

first line that will be printed to the user
"another line, that can have comma characters in it, if you put double quotes around it, but if you want to put double quotes inside, make it like this : \", with a backslash before the doublequote char first"
application name 1 installed as a system app, file 1.apk, file 1a.apk, file 1.odex,/system/app
application name 2 installed as a user app, file_2.apk, file_2.apk, file_2.odex,/data/app
"application name 3 installed as a system app, with comma in its name", file 3.apk, file_3a.apk, file_3.odex,/system/app
"application name 4 installed as a user app, with comma in its name", file_4.apk, file 4a.apk, file_4.odex,"/data/app"
application 5, app5.apk, /system/app

* So if the first line is "#1" the apps.csv file is parsed as a "new file format"
* If the first line is anything else, it is parsed in the old way.

* In the old file format, file names are separated by " "(space character) and can't contain spaces
* in the new file format, file names can contain spaces and are separated by "," (comma character)

* There is a new file format supported : apps.xml. It has more possibilities. I'll simply put, as an example, the apps.xml I made to replace the apps.csv in Bob's Arnova 10 G2 Gingercomb 2.2a Pro :

apps.xml (https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhovompn5faa426/apps.xml)

That's it. If you have any question, feel free to ask in this thread.
If you have any bug reports, or requests for next version, that is the right place too.
Don't be shy. The tool is what it is thanks to Finless Bob bug reports and requests. Your requests will make it better too :)

Petrus.

Finless
04-02-2012, 04:02 PM
This app is so awesome that I will do a video explaining it in more detail just for Petrus :)

You guys this is almost better than a backup! Trust me, when you change enough stuff, a backup can mess you up!. Although Titanium backup is pretty damn good, this tool gives you FAST and very clean setups after a ROM flash! You can then edit the CSV file and make your OWN custom install!!!!!! Totally cool and I do not believe I have seen any app like it!

My video will also discuss and explain the pros and cons of /data/app vs /system/app Injection. The difference between the 2 on boot time will BLOW you away!

Stay tuned I will try to do it this week.

Petrus' is the MAN and worked long hard hours on this. I am picky too so he got my pushing on him for stuff ;)....

Petrus all I can say is :PEACE

Bob

Damo
04-02-2012, 04:16 PM
This app is so awesome that I will do a video explaining it in more detail just for Petrus :)

You guys this is almost better than a backup! Trust me, when you change enough stuff, a backup can mess you up!. Although Titanium backup is pretty damn good, this tool gives you FAST and very clean setups after a ROM flash! You can then edit the CSV file and make your OWN custom install!!!!!! Totally cool and I do not believe I have seen any app like it!

My video will also discuss and explain the pros and cons of /data/app vs /system/app Injection. The difference between the 2 on boot time will BLOW you away!

Petrus' is the MAN and worked long hard hours on this. I am picky too so he got my pushing on him for stuff ;)....

Bob

Thankyou Petrus and Bob

Going to re flash now:D

Sent from my CUBE U9GT 2 using Tapatalk

petrus
04-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks bob :)
So I see what my next app should be ;)
Maybe a backup to package.zip when I have time :)

But before this I will need a proper way to pick files.

Edit: might more difficult than I thought at first. Maybe not my next app ;)

Bob

blinkydamo
04-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Very impressive guys, you have done well here. Like Bob states this will reduce the time taken to get back up and running after a re-flash. Will give it a try the next time there is an update to my tab.

Cheers for all you hard work people. :CLAP

Blinky

petrus
04-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks for saying :)
Glad it can help
This rom is really awesome.
Glad to be a part of it :)

Very impressive guys, you have done well here. Like Bob states this will reduce the time taken to get back up and running after a re-flash. Will give it a try the next time there is an update to my tab.

Cheers for all you hard work people. :CLAP

Blinky

harpo
04-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi guys,
is there any info on how to customize the package zip for app injector?
Is this being discussed elsewhere?
Cheers
Craig

Finless
04-12-2012, 02:10 PM
At some point I planned on doing a tutorial video but here is a simple explaination.

1) A line with no commas is a comment line or "header" line if you will.
2) For setting up injection for an app it is in this format
friendly app name,xxx.apk xxx.odex etc etc,path

So what this means is in this example. Lets say you have a simple APK called clock with no support files like .odex files needed and you want to inject them as a system app.
clock,clock.apk,/system/app

OK you can also "install" apps. User apps go in /data/app. So lets say you want to install say google earth. The google erath app filename you have is com.google.earth.apk and you want this as a user app since it wont work as a system app. The line would say.

Google Earth,com.google.earth.apk,/data/app

Ok last example. Lets say you have and APK with a support odex file. Lets say it is called global time. It runs as a system app. So you would do:

Global Time,globaltime.apk globaltime.odex,/system/app.

All file names you specifiy in a line MUST be in the package.zip file.

Now just some tips. App injected as system apps do not slow down boot time. Installed apps in /data/app do slow down boot time. BUT not all apps can run as system apps. So if you inject one as a system app and it wont work as a system app, you could on next boot have boot loops or no boot at all! Or you could get constant force close messages. So just be aware of this before you inject apps into system.

Bob

harpo
04-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Cheers for this Bob, nice one
Craig

jake608
04-13-2012, 09:36 PM
video will answer a lot of questions like your previous tutorials.

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

WillJames
04-14-2012, 04:55 AM
video will answer a lot of questions like your previous tutorials.

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

+1 Bob. I hope you can get back in video mode man. You guys have not seen Bob's biggest talent and that is making instructional videos.

anthonycar9
04-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Hi this question is for petrus or anyone else seeing this that could help. I just recently(today down loaded Bob's newest rom for the NB7 #1211 1.5b i was able to install the rom easy & smooth as silk how ever when i down loaded the two files for the app injector the problem began, well actually the app injector downloaded and installed just fine but when i tried to open it to access the APK files to install i received this message ERROR Package file not found: please put "package zip" file on sd card ("mnt/sdcard/external_sd") and retry. Now i know in the instruction video bob provided, he did inform that these file should be installed at the root of sd card, but call me knob cause i cant figure out how to get them there. i've opened the file explorer on the rom and it wont allow me to move the files. Maybe im doing something wrong with the file explorer, but can someone walk me through.
thanks
P.S. i just reflashed the 1.5b ROM so im at square one now whats my next step?

Damo
04-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Hi this question is for petrus or anyone else seeing this that could help. I just recently(today down loaded Bob's newest rom for the NB7 #1211 1.5b i was able to install the rom easy & smooth as silk how ever when i down loaded the two files for the app injector the problem began, well actually the app injector downloaded and installed just fine but when i tried to open it to access the APK files to install i received this message ERROR Package file not found: please put "package zip" file on sd card ("mnt/sdcard/external_sd") and retry. Now i know in the instruction video bob provided, he did inform that these file should be installed at the root of sd card, but call me knob cause i cant figure out how to get them there. i've opened the file explorer on the rom and it wont allow me to move the files. Maybe im doing something wrong with the file explorer, but can someone walk me through.
thanks
P.S. i just reflashed the 1.5b ROM so im at square one now whats my next step?

The easiest way is to download the files onto your pc and extract the zip file. Take out your memory card from your tablet. Copy the two files onto your memory card using your pc, remember don't put it into a folder just straight onto the card. Safely remove your memory card from pc. Put memory card back into your tablet. Turn on tablet, now install the app injector and try again. When you use the program to install the programs you want than you need to reboot your tablet

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

anthonycar9
04-15-2012, 01:15 PM
The easiest way is to download the files onto your pc and extract the zip file. Take out your memory card from your tablet. Copy the two files onto your memory card using your pc, remember don't put it into a folder just straight onto the card. Safely remove your memory card from pc. Put memory card back into your tablet. Turn on tablet, now install the app injector and try again. When you use the program to install the programs you want than you need to reboot your tablet

Damo for the life of me i cant figure this one out , i tried the method that you gave me step by step, i copied both files to my SD card (I delete everything on the sd card earlier in anticipation for this)from my laptop ,once on the sd card, i used winzip to unzip package file safely, removed sd card and installed it in the tablet, turned on tablet, went into file explorer, installed app injector but i opened it ,(re-read your post and maybe me openening here did it)i still got the same error messase, im going to try your method again but im just going to install app injector,unzip package on sd card, (once i copy zip to sd after unziping do i leave zip file there of delete zipped file there along with unzipped files?) reboot then go in again and try it, ill give you update when its done, BTW thanks for taking the time out to help me here you guys here on this site are awesome, i've been on some of the other forums and it has left a bad taste in my mouth, so much arrogance, and non-sense anyway enough of my ranting, again thanks to you and if BOB ever reads this ,a special thanks to you BOB for all of your patience and enormous help hell i might as well go on ahead and thank the rest of the team and dev's you guy's restore my faith in the human race for the unselfish, selfless, contributions here. OK I'll be back with update!

montebello13
04-15-2012, 02:51 PM
I found injecting google+ prevented syncing photos to gallery. I had to remove it with titanium, reinstall through google play, then double check the account syncing in settings. Maybe it was just a bad first install... but letting you/others know just in case

Google+ worked fine other than the minor issue above. And i rebooted before injecting. All other apps appear to be fine

Sent from my NXM726HN using Tapatalk 2

anthonycar9
04-15-2012, 10:08 PM

I tried the method that you gave me step by step to the letter and im still getting the same error message and the file explorer wont allow me to move the file, any suggestions?

harpo
04-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Don't you leave the package zip, zipped(not extracted) and put the app injector apk, package zip into root.
Cheers
craig

Damo
04-16-2012, 01:42 AM
I tried the method that you gave me step by step to the letter and im still getting the same error message and the file explorer wont allow me to move the file, any suggestions?

As Harper has said there should be two files one is the program that you click on to install the App injector. And the other file is package.zip(DON'T EXTRACT THIS!!!)

Place the package.zip onto your memory card and run the app injector program that you installed. The App injector program extracts the files from the package.zip for you. I don't understand what you mean file explorer won't allow me to move , nothing needs to be moved like I said earlier the easiest way is to copy the two files onto your memory card from your pc if you did not want to use your tablet to do it, otherwise use a third party file manager like file expert. Or Es file explorer to move files around your tablet

anthonycar9
04-16-2012, 06:32 AM
As Harper has said there should be two files one is the program that you click on to install the App injector. And the other file is package.zip(DON'T EXTRACT THIS!!!)

Place the package.zip onto your memory card and run the app injector program that you installed. The App injector program extracts the files from the package.zip for you. I don't understand what you mean file explorer won't allow me to move , nothing needs to be moved like I said earlier the easiest way is to copy the two files onto your memory card from your pc if you did not want to use your tablet to do it, otherwise use a third party file manager like file expert. Or Es file explorer to move files around your tablet

OK i got it guy's the mistake i was making was that i was unzipping package zip once it was on the sd card,thanks for all the help this thing is awesome, wicked app. petrus, this one goes in for APP. of the year!:CLAP:CLAP:CLAP:BANANA:BANANA:BANANA

Damo
04-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Brilliant :thumbup:

petrus
04-17-2012, 02:40 AM

jrm
04-20-2012, 05:44 PM
For revising Package.zip Petrus warns to keep unix-like line ends.
Is Windows editing possible or only in, eg, Linux?
Does unzip in Winxp ruin the unix EOL?

Thx for any insight. /Rob

petrus
04-21-2012, 03:09 AM
For revising Package.zip Petrus warns to keep unix-like line ends.
Is Windows editing possible or only in, eg, Linux?
Does unzip in Winxp ruin the unix EOL?

Thx for any insight. /Rob

Hi. On windows, you can use EditPad Lite, which is free and has an option to convert a text file to unix format.
Winzip itself doesn't do anything to the content of the files included in the archive.

jrm
04-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Hi. On windows, you can use EditPad Lite, which is free and has an option to convert a text file to unix format.
Winzip itself doesn't do anything to the content of the files included in the archive.

Petrus, Thanks very much; looks like it'll do. Found it here for anyone else interested:

http://www.editpadlite.com/download.html

/Rob

petrus
05-02-2012, 04:11 PM
I have made a new version of my AppInjector, which corrects some major problems, like :
* if files are missing inside zip, stop before installing (prevents boot loop after installing incomplete app files)
* in many cases, print a warning rather than force close
* if package.zip not found in default location, browse for a valid zip file (containing an apps.csv file)
* after installing, prompt for reboot
* cleaner parsing of apps.csv inside package.zip file

If you are interested for testing my new package, feel free to use the apk below : I'm testing it right now, but the more testers we have, the merrier ;)

petrus
05-02-2012, 04:30 PM
For the ones that want to test the last version, you can download it here :

APK -> Petrus AppInjector V1.0.1 (85KB) (http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=finless/tools&filename=appinjector_v1_0_1.apk)

I have tested it with 1.5c package.zip placed in some "not standard" location and it works well.
If you have any comments or bug report, please make it here, I will try to answer as fast as I can.

If you wonder why 1.0.1, I made a 1.0 which seemed good, but had a bug with the "reboot" function.
1.0.1 corrects this bug and really reboots when you choose to.

Thank you for trying. Let me know how it goes for you.

Petrus.

rindj
05-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Where do I find it package.zip??

Finless
05-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Where do I find it package.zip??

You can create your own or take the one from any of my 1.5 ROMs.

Bob

jlammers
05-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Just thanks

jrm
05-07-2012, 11:17 AM
This title 'apps.csv not found' in ...package.zip -- in root of card -- is not due to the new appinj101; the error occurred with both old and new AI. Viewing pkg...zip I see apps.csv IS there.
I added apks of my own to change total size from 71mb to 120 mb; unzipped and rezipped with winxp; copied my apks from my sdcard backups; edited apps.csv with editpadlite set for unix eol.

My bet is bad formatting, which I'll check again -- commas, spaces, unix eol.
If there were an owner / permissions issue, how would I check and correct?
Anyone got other ideas to check? Thx for thinking. /Rob

petrus
05-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Can you attach your apps.csv file, so that I see if I can find an error?

jrm
05-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Can you attach your apps.csv file, so that I see if I can find an error?

I would but site says invalid file; suggestions? Paste text? Try this paste from after the intro:
/Rob

Install Google Play Store (Injected as System Apps)
Google Play V3.5.15,GoogleBackupTransport.apk GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk GoogleFeedback.apk GooglePlayStore.apk GoogleServicesFramework.apk GoogleTalk.apk,/system/app

Install Google Addon Apps (Note: Unless Otherwise noted all are injected as System Apps)
Browser (stock-Reqd for Google Voice Search!),Browser.apk Browser.odex,/system/app
Gmail,Gmail.apk,/system/app
Google Books,GoogleBooks.apk,/system/app
Google CalendarProvider,GoogleCalendar.apk GoogleCalendarProvider.apk GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter,GoogleCalendarSyncAdapte r.apk,/system/app
Google Currents,GoogleCurrents.apk,/system/app
Google Docs,GoogleDocs.apk,/data/app
Google Earth (User app Injection),GoogleEarth.apk,/data/app
Google Finance,GoogleFinance.apk,/data/app
Google Listen (Pod Casts etc),GoogleListen.apk,/data/app
Google Maps,GoogleMaps.apk,/data/app
Google Play Music,GooglePlayMusic.apk,/system/app
Google Plus,GooglePlus.apk,/system/app
Google Streets,GoogleStreets.apk,/system/app
Google Quick Search,GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk,/system/app
Google Reader,GoogleReader.apk,/system/app
Google Translate,GoogleTranslate.apk,/system/app
Google Voice,GoogleVoice.apk,/system/app
Youtube,Youtube.apk,/system/app

System Mgt (All System Apps - all retro dated?)
Any Cut,Any Cut_1.0.apk,/system/app
Astro File Manager,AstroFileManager.apk,/system/app
Brightness,brightness.apk,/system/app
Desk Clock,DeskClock.apk DeskClock.odex,/system/app
ES File Explorer,ES File Explorer_1.6.1.0.apk,/system/app
Hackers Keyboard,Hacker's Keyboard_v1.29.apk,/system/app
HexPlus Calculator,Hex Plus_1.7.apk,/system/app
My Phone Explorer Client,MyPhoneExplorer Client_1.0.16.apk,/system/app
Pure Battery,Pure Battery_1.4.apk,/system/app
Recent App Widget,RecentAppWidget.apk,/system/app
QtADB + ADBwifi,qtadb.apk, adbWireless_1.4.1.apk/system/app
Quick Boot+TurnOff,Quick Boot_4.1.apk Turn Off The Lights_1.9.apk,/system/app
ROM Toolbox,Rom Toolbox_450.apk,/system/app
Screenshot ER,Screenshot ER_2.3.apk,/system/app
ShareKeyboard (pc browser input),ShareKeyboard_0.99.apk,/system/app
Sleep Alarm,Sleep 20120212.apk,/system/app
Solitaire Game,Solitaire_1.1.7.apk,/system/app
Task Killer,ATaskKill.apk TaskKill.odex,/system/app
Terminal Emulator,Terminal Emulator_1.0.41.apk,/system/app
Titanium Backup,Titanium Backup_4.7.7.1.apk,/system/app

Internet + Email (All System Apps)
Adobe Flash Player 10.3 (to Data App),FlashPlayer10.3.apk,/data/app
Browser (stock),Browser.apk Browser.odex,/system/app
Contacts Sync Adapter,Contacts Sync Adapter_2.2.apk,/system/app
Downloads,Downloads_2.3.1.apk,/system/app
DownloadProvider,DownloadProvider.apk DownloadProvider.odex DownloadProviderUi.apk DownloadProviderUi.odex,/system/app
Dolphin Browser,Dolphin Browser HD_7.3.0.apk,/system/app
Email Stock Client,Email.apk Email.odex,/system/app
Email Yahoo,Mail_1.3.9.apk,/system/app

Book Readers + Audio Visual
Aldiko Reader,Aldiko_2.0.2.apk,/system/app
Ebook Viewer (stock),EbookView_NXM726.apk,/system/app
ePub Reader,ePub Reader_1.2.2.apk,/system/app
Live Wallpapers,LiveWallpapers.apk LiveWallpapers.odex,/system/app
Picture Gallery3D,Gallery3D.apk Gallery3D.odex,/system/app
PicSay Pro Photo Edit,PicSay Pro_1.5.0.1.apk,/system/app
Music Player (stock),Music.apk Music.odex,/system/app
Video Player (stock),VideoPlayer.apk VideoPlayer.odex,/system/app

Office Apps + Reference
BRITANNICA,BRITANNICA_CONCISE_ENCYCLOPEDIA_2011.ap k,/data/app
Calculator,Calculator.apk Calculator.odex,/data/app
Calendar 231??,Calendar_2.3.1.apk,/system/app
ElectroDroid,ElectroDroid_2.5.apk,/data/app
Medical Dictionary,Medical_2.4.3.apk,/data/app
Notepad,Notepad_1.06.apk,/data/app
Office Suite Full 1.5_290,OfficeSuite_Full_1.5_290.apk,/system/app
Oxford American Dictionary and Thesaurus,OXFORDAMDICT.apk,/data/app
Quick Office,Quickoffice_4.1.165.apk,/data/app

Stores for Books + Apps
Amazon App Store,Amazon_Appstore-release.apk,/system/app
Amazon Kindle Store,Amazon Kindle_3.4.0.156.apk,/system/app
Kobo,KoboNextarTablet.apk,/system/app
SlideMe Market,SlideMe.apk,/data/app

Additional Nextbook Applications - (System Apps)
Auto Time Service,AutoTimeService.apk,/system/app
Delect File,DelectFile.apk,/system/app
Pro Tips,Protips.apk Protips.odex,/system/app
News and Weather,NEWWeather.apk NEWWeather.odex,/system/app
NextBook Guide,NextbookGuide.apk,/system/app

Home Page Launchers
ADWLauncher,ADWLauncher EX_1.2.2.apk,/data/app
GO Launcher,GO Launcher EX_2.75.1.apk,/data/app
VTL.Launcher,VTL.Launcher_1.6.5.apk,/data/app

jrm
05-07-2012, 12:37 PM
My own review shows only one missing comma; would that kill the whole program?:

GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter,GoogleCalendarSyncAdapte r.apk,/system/app --- extra space ok in orig.
QtADB + ADBwifi,qtadb.apk, adbWireless_1.4.1.apk/system/app --- miss comma
BRITANNICA,BRITANNICA_CONCISE_ENCYCLOPEDIA_2011.ap k,/data/app --- extra space ok in orig.

petrus
05-07-2012, 12:49 PM

GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter,GoogleCalendarSyncAdapte r.apk,/system/app --- extra space ok in orig.
BRITANNICA,BRITANNICA_CONCISE_ENCYCLOPEDIA_2011.ap k,/data/app --- extra space ok in orig.

I'm not sure about the missing comma, but my guess is that for files that have spaces inside tjeir name, the app will see it as multiple files.

jrm
05-07-2012, 01:12 PM

For clarification, I mean that the 'ap k' here is ok 'apk' in orig.

Apks with blanks in names came that way from Google Market.
Are we free to name an apk anything if it ends in .apk?
I'll kill all spaces if so.

When I unzipped, apps.csv was first file; is that important? Now sort on name puts it down some.

Finless has said that system.img does not like changed file dates; is that so here?

petrus
05-07-2012, 02:06 PM
I think that you can rename the apk files without a problem. Only the contents matters i think. The order of files in package.zip makes no difference.

The spaces inside the list of files is in gact an issue I should solve in the next version.

For clarification, I mean that the 'ap k' here is ok 'apk' in orig.

Apks with blanks in names came that way from Google Market.
Are we free to name an apk anything if it ends in .apk?
I'll kill all spaces if so.

When I unzipped, apps.csv was first file; is that important? Now sort on name puts it down some.

Finless has said that system.img does not like changed file dates; is that so here?

Finless
05-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes take out all spaces from the name! I forgot to mention this to Petrus but in all my ROMs I had to go through and edit the APK names. Yes you can name the APK anything you like!
1) I cleaned up the names so they made sense.
2) So you don't mess up, Android like Linux is case sensitive! So take out case letters to make it easy.
3) Remove spaces in the names! If you want a space then use the _ character.

Hope that helps,
Bob

petrus
05-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Yes take out all spaces from the name! I forgot to mention this to Petrus but in all my ROMs I had to go through and edit the APK names. Yes you can name the APK anything you like!
1) I cleaned up the names so they made sense.
2) So you don't mess up, Android like Linux is case sensitive! So take out case letters to make it easy.
3) Remove spaces in the names! If you want a space then use the _ character.

Hope that helps,
Bob

The last version of AppInjector I just released handles spaces inside file names, so you can use original file names if you like. Just read the whole post and don't forget to put :

as the first line in apps.csv to tell AppInjector v1.1 that it is in the new format.

Miklaus
06-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Petrus I have a problem with flashplayer 11, when I install it as system app doesn't work, to work I have to copy the library to data/app.
can the appinjector install flashplayer in system/app and after reboot copying the libraries from sytem/lib to data/app? :confused:

petrus
06-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Petrus I have a problem with flashplayer 11, when I install it as system app doesn't work, to work I have to copy the library to data/app.
can the appinjector install flashplayer in system/app and after reboot copying the libraries from sytem/lib to data/app? :confused:

Sorry, AppInjector can't do that (for the moment at least). What did you exactly try to do? Can you copy/paste the apps.csv line you are using for flashplayer?

Miklaus
06-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Sorry, AppInjector can't do that (for the moment at least). What did you exactly try to do? Can you copy/paste the apps.csv line you are using for flashplayer?

Sorry I'm still not using the appinjector, my intention is to install Flashplayer 11 as a system app, but when installed in system/app the folder data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib is empty, if I copy the files "libflashplayer.so, libstagefright_froyo.so, libstagefright_honeycomb.so, and libysshared.so" in it, then it works, and I wanted to know if the appinjector could make the process automatic.

petrus
06-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Sorry I'm still not using the appinjector, my intention is to install Flashplayer 11 as a system app, but when installed in system/app the folder data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib is empty, if I copy the files "libflashplayer.so, libstagefright_froyo.so, libstagefright_honeycomb.so, and libysshared.so" in it, then it works, and I wanted to know if the appinjector could make the process automatic.

Ok, I don't know if that is what you are asking, but if you put a line like this :

flash player, flashplayer.apk, libflashplayer..1.so libflashplayer...2.so, libflashplayer....3.so, /system/app

the last version of AppInjector should put your apk in /system/app and all the so files on the same line in /system/lib. I don't know if that's enough to make it work, but it should... Try it and tell me...

mr.v
06-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Hi Dont know if you can help me but i cant get Amazone Kindle to install to system or Data - it force closes on run have finless cwm 2.1 version installed on my G2 anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Jon

petrus
06-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Hi Dont know if you can help me but i cant get Amazone Kindle to install to system or Data - it force closes on run have finless cwm 2.1 version installed on my G2 anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Jon

Hi,

Maybe this is a problem of libs that were present on previous roms, and not in this one. In fact there are significant differences between the 2.x series and the 1.X one.

The person that can help you here is Bob. Did you try to ask your question in the 2.1 rom thread?

mr.v
06-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Hi,

Maybe this is a problem of libs that were present on previous roms, and not in this one. In fact there are significant differences between the 2.x series and the 1.X one.

The person that can help you here is Bob. Did you try to ask your question in the 2.1 rom thread?

Thanks Petrus - will get on to Bob thanks again

Jon

petrus
08-08-2012, 07:18 AM
I just released a new version of the AppInjector.
See first post for more information.

DocHoppy
08-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Has anyone tested this with a nextbook?

c0nK3R
08-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah Finless Uses It in his NextBook 1211 v1.5 rom (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?609-Nextbook-Serials-1211-Finless-Custom-ROM-Version-1-5).
I have verified it works as well as others.

Its pretty much universal as long as you have Root access, RW system partition (I think it can be used without but limited), and a correctly setup zip archive containing your files.

Awesome Program Petrus Thanks :D

petrus
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
I just released a new version of the AppInjector app.
With this release is a new function I wanted to implement a long time ago : You can now backup your apps un a package.zip file that you can later inject with AppInjector on a new rom.

Please note that the apps will be installed again, but you will lose all apps data. If you want to backup apps data, please use something like Titanium Backup. It's not perfect but it goes way beyond what I want to mess up with. App Data restoring is in fact a tricky and sometimes messy process.

Anyway, the aim of this app is only to install fresh apps, and now to backup the installed packages, so that you can install them again when you want.

900supersport
10-13-2012, 08:18 AM
I've started making use of this tool. I like it a lot and will be recommending it with my ROM kits.

It's already saved me a lot of time getting my tab back the way I want after a re-flash and also for preparing patches for my ROMs.

A few apps do not seem to work with this chrome, terminal and if I remember rightly lookout. I keep them in the zip file anyway as a reminder, just have to uninstall then reinstall and I'm done.

This app sounds good it's only when you start using it yourself that you realise just how good.

Thanks.

shevart
11-24-2012, 06:32 PM
... So if you inject one as a system app and it wont work as a system app, you could on next boot have boot loops or no boot at all! Or you could get constant force close messages. So just be aware of this before you inject apps into system.

Bob

Could you please explain, what to do in such case to interrupt boot looping or at all to boot normally?
thanks!

petrus
11-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Could you please explain, what to do in such case to interrupt boot looping or at all to boot normally?
thanks!

If you are using a rom with CWM, you can make a backup before trying, and restoring your backup in case of a bootloop.
If you don't have CWM, or if it doesn't work, you'll need to flash your rom again (maybe flashing system.img will be enough)

Adainair
12-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi to all

I have two files xxx.apk and xxx.odex and i am make with this two files zip file called package.zip and send it to sdcard,
then i am run Appinjection>Load file and i am got message "No apps index file in "/mnt/sdcard/package.zip" : select another file.
Can anybody help me?
Thx

petrus
12-08-2012, 02:52 AM
Hi to all

I have two files xxx.apk and xxx.odex and i am make with this two files zip file called package.zip and send it to sdcard,
then i am run Appinjection>Load file and i am got message "No apps index file in "/mnt/sdcard/package.zip" : select another file.
Can anybody help me?
Thx

Hi, you need to also include an apps.xml file (or apps.csv, which was used in the first versions and is still supported).
This file is a sort of index which tell what to do with the files included in the package.zip

Look at the first post if this thread : there is an explanation and an example of an apps.xml file.

Adainair
12-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Hi Petrus and thanks for answer.
I am find apps.xml in first post but how to add target for odex file, because i thinks this is only for apk file?
This is line from your xml file from first post.
<application>
<description>Calculator</description>
<file>
<name>Calculator.apk</name>
<target>/system/app</target>
</file>
</application>

I only need xml file for one apk and one odex file.
Thanks

petrus
12-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Hi Petrus and thanks for answer.
I am find apps.xml in first post but how to add target for odex file, because i thinks this is only for apk file?
This is line from your xml file from first post.
<application>
<description>Calculator</description>
<file>
<name>Calculator.apk</name>
</file>
</application>

I only need xml file for one apk and one odex file.
Thanks

You can try this :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<apps>
<group>
<application>
<description>My application</description>
<file>
<name>xxx.apk</name>
<target>/data/app</target>
</file>
<file>
<name>xxx.odex</name>
<target>/data/app</target>
</file>
</application>
</group>
</apps>

Adainair
12-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Hi Petrus
I will try today and answer.
Thanks again for your help

kibmcz
12-10-2012, 02:22 AM
I got a idea for a future release.. a implementation of the android recovery package_extract_dir directive.

Example:

Recovery
---------

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

App Injector
------------

<application>
<description>Google Apps</description>
<package_extract_dir>
<source>gapps</source>
<target>/system</target>
</package_extract_dir>
</application>

Just a idea.. what do you think?

petrus
12-10-2012, 02:52 AM
I got a idea for a future release.. a implementation of the android recovery package_extract_dir directive.

Example:

Recovery
---------

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

App Injector
------------

<application>
<description>Google Apps</description>
<package_extract_dir>
<source>gapps</source>
<target>/system</target>
</package_extract_dir>
</application>

Just a idea.. what do you think?

Sounds like a useful feature.
I'll give it a try.
What does the command package_extract_dir("gapps", "/system"); do, exactly?

kibmcz
12-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Sounds like a useful feature.
I'll give it a try.
What does the command package_extract_dir("gapps", "/system"); do, exactly?

It extracts the contents from the source folder in the zip to the destination you give on the device.

eg in the example source is "gapps" in the example there and it copies to /system

The reason for the idea is so we can do proper gapps package :)

petrus
12-10-2012, 04:01 AM
It extracts the contents from the source folder in the zip to the destination you give on the device.

eg in the example source is "gapps" in the example there and it copies to /system

The reason for the idea is so we can do proper gapps package :)

Ok, so in this case, inside the package.zip file, we would have a directory called gapps, containing for example one subdir app, one subdir lib and one subdir data, each one containing files.
And gapps/data would be extracted as /system/data ...

That could work, but there might be some file permission issues, because I think zip files can't handle unix like permissions.

In fact, you can make a package for gapps with the current apps.xml format, but you have to specify each file in its own block in apps.xml

For example :

<application>
<description>Google Calendar</description>
<file>
<name>Calendar.apk</name>
</file>
<file>
<name>CalendarProvider.apk</name>
</file>
<file>
<name>GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk</name>
</file>
</application>

You can specify any existing directory as <target>

kibmcz
12-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Ok, so in this case, inside the package.zip file, we would have a directory called gapps, containing for example one subdir app, one subdir lib and one subdir data, each one containing files.
And gapps/data would be extracted as /system/data ...

That could work, but there might be some file permission issues, because I think zip files can't handle unix like permissions.

In fact, you can make a package for gapps with the current apps.xml format, but you have to specify each file in its own block in apps.xml

For example :

<application>
<description>Google Calendar</description>
<file>
<name>Calendar.apk</name>
</file>
<file>
<name>CalendarProvider.apk</name>
</file>
<file>
<name>GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk</name>
</file>
</application>

You can specify any existing directory as <target>

Yep i'm already working on that implementation for nextbook premium 7 and 7 se. The permission issue could be solved by your app running a fix permission operation similar to what rom manager has built in.

petrus
12-10-2012, 04:19 AM
Yep i'm already working on that implementation for nextbook premium 7 and 7 se. The permission issue could be solved by your app running a fix permission operation similar to what rom manager has built in.

Oh, and I think I forgot to mention it in the description of the apps.xml format, but you can also set permission for each file, like :

<application>
<description>App Description</description>
<file>
<name>app.apk</name>
</file>
<file>
<name>app_library.so</name>
<target>/system/lib</target>
<permissions>777</permissions>
</file>
</application>

kibmcz
12-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Oh, and I think I forgot to mention it in the description of the apps.xml format, but you can also set permission for each file, like :

<application>
<description>App Description</description>
<file>
<name>app.apk</name>
</file>
<file>
<name>app_library.so</name>
<target>/system/lib</target>
</file>
</application>

Ah good to know that will help with current plans.... also been thinking about the permission issue with the idea. In the edify (current recovery) format system there is param for recursive setting permission and such.

How about this for solving the permission issue for dir copy?

<dir>
<name>system</name>
<target>/system</target>
</dir>

The idea is to recursively set the permission you enter in there (generally its 06755).

Edit: Got working package on current system.. if ya want to test it i can upload it (gingerbread 2.3.1)

Finless
12-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Recovery can not only set file permissions it can also set owner. Under Jellybean due to increased security in the system, ownership must be correct or it may not boot. In the old gingerbread days you could set everything to root and it would work. Not anymore with JB! It doesnt appear to be a problem with system apps but if your going to update an entire ROM it becomes important to get the files and directories set right.

Petrus, you might recognize this from a few weeks ago in the Dev forum when I needed to convert a Android recovery script to pure linux so I could port a AMLogic ROM to a RK3066 tablet. Most RK recoveries do not use the ZIP update and script format. If you recall, you and Brian helped me through it. But as an example the ZIP recovery script looks like this.

In one command it can recursively set permissions and owner even in nested directories.

set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/bin");
set_perm(0, 3003, 02750, "/system/bin/netcfg");
set_perm(0, 3004, 02755, "/system/bin/ping");
set_perm(0, 2000, 06750, "/system/bin/run-as");
set_perm_recursive(1002, 1002, 0755, 0440, "/system/etc/bluetooth");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/etc/bluetooth");
set_perm(1000, 1000, 0640, "/system/etc/bluetooth/auto_pairing.conf");
set_perm(3002, 3002, 0444, "/system/etc/bluetooth/blacklist.conf");
set_perm(1002, 1002, 0440, "/system/etc/dbus.conf");
set_perm(1014, 2000, 0550, "/system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-run-hooks");
set_perm(0, 2000, 0550, "/system/etc/init.goldfish.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0544, "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0555, "/system/etc/ppp");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0644, "/system/vendor");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.7/left_eye-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri20.lg_32/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.7/nose_base-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri20.lg_32/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.7/right_eye-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri20.lg_32-2/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/yaw_roll_face_detectors.6/head-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri30.4a-v24/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/yaw_roll_face_detectors.6/head-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rn30-ri30.5-v24/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/yaw_roll_face_detectors.6/head-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rp30-ri30.5-v24/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/recognition/face.face.y0-y0-22-b-N/full_model.bin");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/xbin");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/librank");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/procmem");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/procrank");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/su");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/tcpdump");

Bob

petrus
12-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Recovery can not only set file permissions it can also set owner. Under Jellybean due to increased security in the system, ownership must be correct or it may not boot. In the old gingerbread days you could set everything to root and it would work. Not anymore with JB! It doesnt appear to be a problem with system apps but if your going to update an entire ROM it becomes important to get the files and directories set right.

Petrus, you might recognize this from a few weeks ago in the Dev forum when I needed to convert a Android recovery script to pure linux so I could port a AMLogic ROM to a RK3066 tablet. Most RK recoveries do not use the ZIP update and script format. If you recall, you and Brian helped me through it. But as an example the ZIP recovery script looks like this.

In one command it can recursively set permissions and owner even in nested directories.

set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/bin");
set_perm(0, 3003, 02750, "/system/bin/netcfg");
set_perm(0, 3004, 02755, "/system/bin/ping");
set_perm(0, 2000, 06750, "/system/bin/run-as");
set_perm_recursive(1002, 1002, 0755, 0440, "/system/etc/bluetooth");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/etc/bluetooth");
set_perm(1000, 1000, 0640, "/system/etc/bluetooth/auto_pairing.conf");
set_perm(3002, 3002, 0444, "/system/etc/bluetooth/blacklist.conf");
set_perm(1002, 1002, 0440, "/system/etc/dbus.conf");
set_perm(1014, 2000, 0550, "/system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-run-hooks");
set_perm(0, 2000, 0550, "/system/etc/init.goldfish.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0544, "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0555, "/system/etc/ppp");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0644, "/system/vendor");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.7/left_eye-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri20.lg_32/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.7/nose_base-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri20.lg_32/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.7/right_eye-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri20.lg_32-2/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/yaw_roll_face_detectors.6/head-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri30.4a-v24/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/yaw_roll_face_detectors.6/head-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rn30-ri30.5-v24/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/yaw_roll_face_detectors.6/head-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rp30-ri30.5-v24/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/recognition/face.face.y0-y0-22-b-N/full_model.bin");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/xbin");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/librank");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/procmem");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/procrank");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/su");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/tcpdump");

Bob

Ok, Bob, I see what you mean.
But can you suggest what I should add to the apps.xml file format to make this work?
What would be the more convenient way to do it?
Maybe what would be really cool is parsing the file where all these commands are launched?
Anyway, in my opinion, there's a reason why they are executed only in recovery mode, but at least I can try

900supersport
12-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Could you just add an option in the app injector to load a CWM file. Over a few iterations you could extend the support for the scripting offered. This would be a great way to check new CWM zip files.

petrus
12-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Could you just add an option in the app injector to load a CWM file. Over a few iterations you could extend the support for the scripting offered. This would be a great way to check new CWM zip files.

Really interesting indeed. Do you have a link to a clear description of this format?

900supersport
12-10-2012, 12:57 PM
For some info on the script try http://www.freeyourandroid.com/guide/introdution_to_edify.

And for a tool to create update zips, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1207467

wapvirus
02-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Very usfull app this could end up a powerfull tool thanks petus this is my custom icon for this app just in case someone would like it :)

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/wapvirus/appinjector_zps4fe09bc7.png

rrileypm
09-24-2013, 09:27 PM
I must be missing something here.

I've created a Package.zip file which I have successfully gotten to install apps with AppInjector. It goes through the entire process without any errors.

I have about 21 apps which need to be installed from the package all to data/app...no system apps in this mix.

After AppInjector finishes it's process, I reboot the tablet.

When I check the app drawer, none of the apps are visible. When I browse to the data/app folder, all of the apk files are in the correct place, but none of them appear to be installed. I can go ahead and install them individually, but my whole intent of using AppInjector is to prevent having to manually install each app.

Is there a setting or command somewhere I've failed to address? I'm currently testing on my Yuandao N101 running 4.1.1

Here is my csv file:

#1,,1Mobile Market,1MobileMarket_1000.apk,/data/app
7notes,7notes with mazec 1.9.7.apk,/data/app
Amazon Kindle,Amazon Kindle 4.0.2.1.apk,/data/app
Angry Birds,Angry Birds 3.0.0.apk,/data/app
Animated Weather,Animated Weather 5.4.2.apk,/data/app
Aptoide,Aptoide 4.1.3.apk,/data/app
Blackmart Alpha,Blackmart Alpha 0.49.93.apk,/data/app
Bubble Worlds,Bubble Worlds 1.8.apk,/data/app
ES File Explorer,ES File Explorer 3.0.5.3.apk,/data/app
ES Task Manager,ES Task Manager 1.3.1.apk,/data/app
Fast File Transfer,Fast File Transfer 1.2.2.apk,/data/app
Kingsoft Office 5.6,Kingsoft Office 5.6.apk,/data/app
Radiant Defense,Radiant-Defense-v1.1.0-approb.com.apk,/data/app
Send!,Send! 1.5.2.apk,/data/app
Skype 4.0.0.22082,Skype 4.0.0.22082.apk,/data/app
Subway Surf 1.10.3,Subway Surf 1.10.3.apk,/data/app
Temple Run 2 1.1.1,Temple Run 2 1.1.1.apk,/data/app
TuneIn Radio 8.0,TuneIn Radio 8.0.apk,/data/app
Viber 2.3.6.338,Viber 2.3.6.338.apk,/data/app
WhatsApp 2.11.23,WhatsApp 2.11.23.apk,/data/app
xbmc-12.2-Frodo-armeabi-v7a,xbmc-12.2-Frodo-armeabi-v7a.apk,/data/app
org.xbmc.xbmc,org.xbmc.xbmc,/data/app

Any ideas?

petrus
09-25-2013, 02:21 AM
I must be missing something here.

I've created a Package.zip file which I have successfully gotten to install apps with AppInjector. It goes through the entire process without any errors.

I have about 21 apps which need to be installed from the package all to data/app...no system apps in this mix.

After AppInjector finishes it's process, I reboot the tablet.

When I check the app drawer, none of the apps are visible. When I browse to the data/app folder, all of the apk files are in the correct place, but none of them appear to be installed. I can go ahead and install them individually, but my whole intent of using AppInjector is to prevent having to manually install each app.

Is there a setting or command somewhere I've failed to address? I'm currently testing on my Yuandao N101 running 4.1.1

Here is my csv file:

#1,,1Mobile Market,1MobileMarket_1000.apk,/data/app
7notes,7notes with mazec 1.9.7.apk,/data/app
Amazon Kindle,Amazon Kindle 4.0.2.1.apk,/data/app
Angry Birds,Angry Birds 3.0.0.apk,/data/app
Animated Weather,Animated Weather 5.4.2.apk,/data/app
Aptoide,Aptoide 4.1.3.apk,/data/app
Blackmart Alpha,Blackmart Alpha 0.49.93.apk,/data/app
Bubble Worlds,Bubble Worlds 1.8.apk,/data/app
ES File Explorer,ES File Explorer 3.0.5.3.apk,/data/app
ES Task Manager,ES Task Manager 1.3.1.apk,/data/app
Fast File Transfer,Fast File Transfer 1.2.2.apk,/data/app
Kingsoft Office 5.6,Kingsoft Office 5.6.apk,/data/app
Radiant Defense,Radiant-Defense-v1.1.0-approb.com.apk,/data/app
Send!,Send! 1.5.2.apk,/data/app
Skype 4.0.0.22082,Skype 4.0.0.22082.apk,/data/app
Subway Surf 1.10.3,Subway Surf 1.10.3.apk,/data/app
Temple Run 2 1.1.1,Temple Run 2 1.1.1.apk,/data/app
TuneIn Radio 8.0,TuneIn Radio 8.0.apk,/data/app
Viber 2.3.6.338,Viber 2.3.6.338.apk,/data/app
WhatsApp 2.11.23,WhatsApp 2.11.23.apk,/data/app
xbmc-12.2-Frodo-armeabi-v7a,xbmc-12.2-Frodo-armeabi-v7a.apk,/data/app
org.xbmc.xbmc,org.xbmc.xbmc,/data/app

Any ideas?

Hi,

Can you post your csv as an attachment, to be sure that there is no formatting issue. Because the first line seems strange.

From your description of the problem, it seems that AppInjector doesn't process the apk files as apk going to /data/app.
The rule is : when the target is /data/app, install the apk with the "install" command. Else, simply copy the file to the target.

So it seems that the apk is simply copied instead of being installed.

Maybe a logcat could help me understand what happens here.

rrileypm
09-25-2013, 05:18 AM
Thanks. I'll post that when I get home.

Sent from my N101-Freaktab

rrileypm
09-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Here is my apps.csv:

rrileypm
09-25-2013, 09:09 AM
The last line in the index is for a folder containing settings/data for XBMC that just need to be copied into the data/app folder...but that didn't copy over. I'm not sure if this can happen through AppInjector, but it was worth a try.

The #1 in the first line was to get the app to recognize apk files with spaces in the name. Otherwise, I was getting errors. That part worked fine.

petrus
10-07-2013, 05:14 AM
The last line in the index is for a folder containing settings/data for XBMC that just need to be copied into the data/app folder...but that didn't copy over. I'm not sure if this can happen through AppInjector, but it was worth a try.

The #1 in the first line was to get the app to recognize apk files with spaces in the name. Otherwise, I was getting errors. That part worked fine.

Yes, I remember the #1 on the first line, but on your post, it looked like the 2 first lines were on the same line. It seems correct in the zip file you sent though.

Just : the first line is "#1,,". I think it should be only "#1"
But I don't think it's the problem.

Maybe with a logcat, I may find something.

Sorry for not being very responsive these days, but I just finished moving into my new house. And I had many things to do.

rrileypm
10-07-2013, 05:41 AM
I understand. No problem.

I'll try to sit down and retry with a logcat.

Can you refresh me on that procedure? It's been a while.

Randy

petrus
10-09-2013, 03:03 AM
I understand. No problem.

I'll try to sit down and retry with a logcat.

Can you refresh me on that procedure? It's been a while.

Randy

Maybe the easiest way is to use an android app like aLogCat or CatLog.
You launch It, then try to import the backup with AppInjector, and finally export the logcat file.

Or you can connect your device to a PC and use "adb logcat" to get a logcat trace.

rrileypm
10-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Thanks...I'll try to play with that tonight.

Randy