PDA

View Full Version : OMG I thought I had seen everything!

Finless
03-09-2012, 03:47 AM
Well I guess not.... WTH? Would you actually use this thing?

http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=202&d=1331293633

Save on your electricity bills with the AIRE mask charger. This mask will charge your iDevice while you are breathing at a normal pace; using the air you breathe to propel a few mini wind turbines. The mask is only a concept and does not exist at this point in time (thank goodness). It’s a ridiculously hilarious way to charge your iPhone, and I don’t know anyone who would really want to wear one of these.

I'm not sure what it is about this mask that makes me uncomfortable about it, the fact that it would cover my mouth and nose just to charge an iDevice or the fact that it just looks embarrassing. On the other hand, it doesn’t require any battery or electricity power to use. If you're not careful with it while sleeping, it looks like it even might be a strangle hazard. If it included an air filter, that would be pretty useful at certain times - like using your iPhone near a couple of smokers.

While the mask hasn’t been produced yet and will likely never blast off as a popular charging method, the designer might be on to something. I can just see myself having a miniature windmill in my front yard, sometime in the future, specifically for charging my iPhone.

Maybe it's just me, but would you wear one of these every time your battery gets low?

Bob

WillJames
03-09-2012, 04:33 AM
I have seen everything now.

Finless
03-09-2012, 04:45 AM
I guess if you have sleep apnea.... A mod to the mask might be worth it?

Bob

Damo
03-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Might plug one of them in next time I take my wife to the bedroom. But there again How much charge would you get from two minutes :p

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

Finless
03-09-2012, 07:59 AM
:HA :HA :HA :HA

Bob

register
03-09-2012, 12:24 PM
i see now how darth vader powers the blinking lights on his chest...

that also explains the breathing noises - fans spinning...

WillJames
03-11-2012, 01:41 PM
You would think, just plugging in your phone to charge it would be cheaper and easier......

Damo
03-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I heard a few months back that they are developing batteries that will last 30 days plus!

That Is my pet hate, battery life on devices

WillJames
03-11-2012, 01:59 PM
I heard a few months back that they are developing batteries that will last 30 days plus!

That Is my pet hate, battery life on devices

I know what you mean, I have to charge my iPhone 4S at least every day and sometimes I can't make it through a complete day without charging. That basically sucks IMHO.

McKrackin
03-12-2012, 08:40 AM
...That would be cool but a little silly.
Maybe I could put it on one of my minions:p

I have to charge my iPhone 4S every 6-8 hours.

Finless
03-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Lets just hope we don't see this in the RC Heli world to charge lipo's :HA

Bob

McKrackin
03-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Lets just hope we don't see this in the RC Heli world to charge lipo's :HA

Bob

Would have to run a marathon for a 1000mAh 2S pack.lol...

Bejanurl
03-12-2012, 12:26 PM
The human body being a power source ? Wasnt that in The Matrix, were all doomed (again). I think a charger attached to a bicycle (or similiar) might be more practical.

Damo
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Hehe Matrix, great trilogy !

jandrosh
03-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Sounds like the matrix crossed into inception to me ! lol http://www.freaktab.com/images/smilies/facepalm_smiley%20(1).gif