PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else lost market ?

steviep
03-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi

I turned on to find market icon missing !!! is this anything to do with the new google play ?
I'm running Finless 1.4 on a Arnova 9 G2

cheers

Stevie P

MrWeelson
03-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Have you checked for a new 'Play Store' link?

steviep
03-08-2012, 11:52 AM
No nothing, I can only find google play by going to the web site

Finless
03-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Look in th app drawer. Some are saying the new icon is showing up there. Also go into manage apps and see whats there.

For me my Arnova has not updated or done anything with google play.

Bob

steviep
03-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Look in th app drawer. Some are saying the new icon is showing up there. Also go into manage apps and see whats there.

For me my Arnova has not updated or done anything with google play.

Bob

no cant find it anywhere, not sure what you mean by app drawer.

Finless
03-08-2012, 12:18 PM
All apps you install always go into the app drawer The apps button on your launcher). Not all apps you install show up on your desktop launcher screens.

If you are on my rooted ROM look in /system/app
The Market is called Vending.apk
See if it is there. I cant believe Google Play would try to replace a system app which normally is a read only FS as they normally would not be able to. Instead they would install the new Market in /data/app. The new Market is called Vending2.apk

Bob

steviep
03-08-2012, 12:27 PM
All apps you install always go into the app drawer The apps button on your launcher). Not all apps you install show up on your desktop launcher screens.

If you are on my rooted ROM look in /system/app
The Market is called Vending.apk
See if it is there. I cant believe Google Play would try to replace a system app which normally is a read only FS as they normally would not be able to. Instead they would install the new Market in /data/app. The new Market is called Vending2.apk

Bob

thanks Bob

cant find vending2.apk but did find vending.apk and ran it, I now have market icon back.

"update the icon has just changed to play Shop"

thanks

Stevie P