PDA

View Full Version : How many versions of Arnova 10G2 do we have

pastging11
03-05-2012, 01:53 AM
As a novice I find it very difficult to understand any of this jargon since the advent of the android system. I understand the BIOS system of the PC and they may well be all related considering that code has to be written to the bios and consequently we have the same with the android system. For those of you that write code you will have a better understanding of the system.
I see here on the forum that lots of people are totally excited about the results achieved with the new ROM. I have already tried this system in a different android model but only to fail miserabley. The machine is now bricked. I had no other option but to buy another. Since they are a cheapie I think all my money is simply going down the drain.
I have yet to hear someone to describe the hows and the wheres of changing their android tablets to a better form of working environment. It seems a good system owing to the fact that the ROM can vary offering an issue which actually belongs to the machines.With a PC we have the knowledge in creating an ownership. With the android system this option has been severly restricted and I often why.:face

register
03-05-2012, 04:52 AM
the android is an operating system like windows, not a bios

as for how many versions of roms for the 10g2 there are id leave that to the creators of the site
who think everything is perfectly clear ;)

Damo
03-05-2012, 05:21 AM
the android is an operating system like windows, not a bios

as for how many versions of roms for the 10g2 there are id leave that to the creators of the site
who think everything is perfectly clear ;)

There is one Rom for the Arnova 10-G2 and this has its own thread, and all the other roms have there own thread to. The only exception to this is a tablet called the Arnova 10-G2 Philadelphia edition. This tablet uses the Arnova 10-G2 as a newspaper reader and is offered at a subsidised price if you take up a subscription to there two daily newspapers form the Philadelphia Media Network.

BOB has produced a seperate Rom for this tablet and again it has its own thread, but this tablet can also run the Arnova 10-G2 Rom also.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?213-Arnova-10-G2-Custom-ROM-with-Market3-4-4-by-Finless-Version-1-4

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

neillmchi
03-05-2012, 07:15 PM
There is one Rom for the Arnova 10-G2 and this has its own thread, and all the other roms have there own thread to. The only exception to this is a tablet called the Arnova 10-G2 Philadelphia edition. This tablet uses the Arnova 10-G2 as a newspaper reader and is offered at a subsidised price if you take up a subscription to there two daily newspapers form the Philadelphia Media Network.

Hello Damo,

I'm new here, and I just recently picked up an Arnova 10 G2 Philadelphia edition at a local Tiger Direct store. I thought it was the 'normal' Arnova 10 G2 and immediately came home and bricked it :-) But having learned it was the Philadelphia Edition, I was quickly able to recover. Just wanted to mention that they are apparently out in the wild for sale completely outside of the newspaper subscription offer, etc!

-Neill.

Damo
03-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Thank you for the info :)

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk