PDA

View Full Version : NO WIFI for MK808 at all

nori007
11-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Hello.

I`m new here and excuse my bad english. I heard a lot about the MK808, but however I also got one. The first I did was to install the latest firmware 1.5a from "finless" to go for sure that the stick is usable. Everything works fine during the flash, but I can`t make the WIFI woriking at all.
I can`t see any MAC ID for the stick and when I try to turn the WIFI on it takes some seconds and after this the setting for WIFI turns off automaticly.
Does somebody has any ideas about this?

userx
11-13-2012, 02:58 PM
It is my opinion the internal antenna is the problem.
Lots of people have wifi issues with these mini PCs.
I had the same issue you are describing with my UG802.
So far the internal antenna on all models has had issues.
People have modified the antenna on the UG802 and MK808
and have great results. Full bars and a clean signal.
Could be a bad solder connection or weak signal ect...

Look here...
http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=254
and here...
http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=515
here...
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1668-UG802-WiFi-MOD-Instructional-Video!

chali
11-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Hi

If I remember correctly, you must turn off (connected to computer) in the usb settings after changing software in order to the wireless not to turn off automatically.

/ Chali

Hello.

I`m new here and excuse my bad english. I heard a lot about the MK808, but however I also got one. The first I did was to install the latest firmware 1.5a from "finless" to go for sure that the stick is usable. Everything works fine during the flash, but I can`t make the WIFI woriking at all.
I can`t see any MAC ID for the stick and when I try to turn the WIFI on it takes some seconds and after this the setting for WIFI turns off automaticly.
Does somebody has any ideas about this?

nori007
11-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Hello.

I will looking for the USB settings and check it again. But it`s confusing me a little bit, that the stick doesn`t see any WIFI network. There are some other routers in range and the stick find no one. Maybe I will try also the external antenna, or I will connect a lan adapter.
If someone has another idea everything is welcome.

Finless
11-14-2012, 05:55 AM
Read in my 1.5a ROM thread the issues people are having with bad solder job on antenna in some units. It appears the factory is shorting the antenna wires sometimes.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1971-NEW-MK808-Android-mini-TV-Player-Finless-1-5A-Custom-ROM/page11

Look at the last 3-4 pages or so.

Bob

reddragon72
11-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Bob,

Do you think he has a different hardware ID??? Maybe there are new boards coming out. He says he cannot see his MAC and even with a bad antenna it shouldn't just turn the WIFI back off.

Sounds like a new design board or his is DOA.

nori007,

Flash the factory rom back on the unit. Do not open it up until you have done so as this issue maybe a hardware defect.

nori007
11-14-2012, 10:29 AM
hey reddragon72, I`m with you about the MAC adress. It looks like that the stick hasn`t any wifi hardware installed. I will try to install the stock rom, but with thisone the hole stick is also not useable. But however I will do. Do you know where I can get the stock rom and the flash tool? I think the last choice to use this stick with the finless rom and a internet connection is to work with a USB>Lan adapter.
I will let you know about the results with the stock rom.

I installed the version 1.4, also no success. Wifi didn`t come up and the wifi toggle goes to off after 10 seconds. In the info list about the device I can`t see a Wifi Mac adress and also no serial number, is it normal? That there isn`t a IP and bluetooth address is clear, but what about the other ones?

gepo
11-14-2012, 05:01 PM
i receive my mk808 today and impossible to connect on wifi :(
i see wifi's when i connect browser not work google apss not acess... anybody help me ?

fasttimes
11-14-2012, 06:02 PM
i receive my mk808 today and impossible to connect on wifi :(
i see wifi's when i connect browser not work google apss not acess... anybody help me ?

Read the post's above

cristiudrea
12-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I have a big problem and I can not do at all. I have an android mini TV for A9 dual core android I installed 1.5a ROM Root mk808 Finless which works perfectly except wifi. Viewing maximum signal but can not connect. I have a router HUAWEI HG 520b. What should I do I can have wifi internet? Thanks

grymace
12-05-2012, 11:13 AM
I had the same problem. Excellent signal strength, but no connectivity on my MK808. Turns out that I had to change my encryption from WEP to WPA2 (I used personal), and it connected without issue. I knew WEP was old school, but since I never had any issues, I never had the need to change it - until now. Hope this helps...

smarcoytst
12-22-2012, 08:00 PM
hey reddragon72, I`m with you about the MAC adress. It looks like that the stick hasn`t any wifi hardware installed. I will try to install the stock rom, but with thisone the hole stick is also not useable. But however I will do. Do you know where I can get the stock rom and the flash tool? I think the last choice to use this stick with the finless rom and a internet connection is to work with a USB>Lan adapter.
I will let you know about the results with the stock rom.

I installed the version 1.4, also no success. Wifi didn`t come up and the wifi toggle goes to off after 10 seconds. In the info list about the device I can`t see a Wifi Mac adress and also no serial number, is it normal? That there isn`t a IP and bluetooth address is clear, but what about the other ones?

Hi Nori007,

Have you fixed the problem ? I got the same problem as you, wifi is working well before flashing. But, it cannot turn on after flashing the new rom (wifi turn off after around 10 seconds). I don't have the original rom, so I plan to buy a usb lan adapter in order to get my stick on internet again.

fratello
12-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Try changing the Wireless Channel Broadcast of the Router into Channel 6 (or lower). Your router should have these options under the wireless settings.

mp3hot
12-23-2012, 10:53 AM
my mk808 was working fine with stock firmware , i decided to flash it to finless 1.5a & now wifi is weak & most of the times it doesnt connect . if it does connect its very slow .

later on ill flash it with 1.4 finless & in d future ill try find stock firmware to see if it its the finless firmware causing problems . my mk808 came with a 2A power supply so its not a PSU problem

stock firmware was :
mk808_300j1_27-10-2012

brightlight
12-27-2012, 03:56 AM
I bought MK808 today from geekbuying.com. I cannot turn on the wifi at all, it immediately goes to off. I tried with 3 different firmware, same problem with all. The current firmware I am using Finless 1.5a. Can anyone point me to the right solution?

Thanks in advance.

Abyz
12-27-2012, 08:50 AM
I bought MK808 today from geekbuying.com. I cannot turn on the wifi at all, it immediately goes to off. I tried with 3 different firmware, same problem with all. The current firmware I am using Finless 1.5a. Can anyone point me to the right solution?

Please try stronger power adapter. I had such issue when tried to work with 1A adapter.

brightlight
12-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Please try stronger power adapter. I had such issue when tried to work with 1A adapter.

Thanks for your response.

I have found out the cause of the problem.
I have ordered for MK808 and they have sent me MK808B. I could not know this from the package as it says MK808. It is mentioned only in the price sticker. When I tried the item for the first time, it did not even work... just stuck up with GoogleTV display. The geekbuying support sent me a link to upgrade the firmware. With that firmware wifi totally failed to turn on. I did try with 3 other firmwares with no luck.

In another forum, one user suggested it could be due to the different model. Then I double checked the item package and made sure it is MK808B. I then downloaded the firmware from http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2012/12/11/mk808b-stock-firmware-download/.
With this firmware, miniTV works fine.

smarcoytst
12-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for your response.

I have found out the cause of the problem.
I have ordered for MK808 and they have sent me MK808B. I could not know this from the package as it says MK808. It is mentioned only in the price sticker. When I tried the item for the first time, it did not even work... just stuck up with GoogleTV display. The geekbuying support sent me a link to upgrade the firmware. With that firmware wifi totally failed to turn on. I did try with 3 other firmwares with no luck.

In another forum, one user suggested it could be due to the different model. Then I double checked the item package and made sure it is MK808B. I then downloaded the firmware from http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2012/12/11/mk808b-stock-firmware-download/.
With this firmware, miniTV works fine.

Mine is mk808 with bluetooth, i found that chipset is mt5931 n mt6622. Now, i am using mk808 minix rom. I have bougth a usb lan adaptor in order to get my stick on internet. Later, i will try to install wifi n bluetooth module from other rom. But i am not familiar with android system, so i dont think i can fix the issue myself. Can anybody give me some advice ?