PDA

View Full Version : Arnova 9 g2 - portrait screen upside down

pswartout
02-07-2012, 01:52 PM
I have noticed that some apps appear to be upside down when launched - by this i mean that in portrait mode i would expect the ports (usb, sd card, etc) to be at the top. From what i can tell there seems to be som default setting somewhere which is 180 degrees wrong in portrait mode.

Does any one have any ideas on how to correct this on a rooted device?

Finless
02-07-2012, 02:20 PM
This is the same for the 10 G2. What some consider upside down may not be considered by others as upside down ;)

It's in the ROM how the tablet decides orientation. I will look at this later but for now that is how Arnova made it.

Bob

chidave09
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
This is the same for the 10 G2. What some consider upside down may not be considered by others as upside down ;)

It's in the ROM how the tablet decides orientation. I will look at this later but for now that is how Arnova made it.

Bob

pulled this off the Rockchip CM7 project page, it says to open term and setprop ..., but of course you can just edit build.prop

How to tweak accelerometer axes
try some of following properties:
accelerometer.flip_xy=1
accelerometer.invert_x=1
accelerometer.invert_y=1
accelerometer.invert_z=1
these can be set from shell e.g. setprop accelerometer.flip_xy 1. after setprop, auto-rotate off->on to reflect properties. once you get correct settings, add necessary lines into /system/build.prop. in most cases, one of followings will work:
accelerometer.flip_xy=1
accelerometer.invert_x=1
or
accelerometer.invert_x=1

pswartout
02-11-2012, 12:07 PM
pulled this off the Rockchip CM7 project page, it says to open term and setprop ..., but of course you can just edit build.prop
This is great feedback however I'm not too sure how to make this change. Maybe having included in the next custom ROM would be viable? Failing that, Any pointers on how I can do this would be very helpful.

Finless
02-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Forget it.... SOme of us tried changing these values and it did nothing.
It's going to be a driver that controlls this. I know Fenice57 might be working on a fix for this.

Bob

chidave09
02-11-2012, 05:35 PM
sorry it didn't help for you, I just know it helped when I flashed cm on a different rk29 based tab that I have. the trick is you have to find the exact combo for your tab, I don't believe all options were shown in the info I posted. wish you all luck with this though

zemanuev6
02-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Hi, i use an app called "orientation control". With it, you can set the tablet in "reverse portrait mode" from notification bar.

Regards

Damo
02-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Hi, i use an app called "orientation control". With it, you can set the tablet in "reverse portrait mode" from notification bar.

Regards

Great find!

pswartout
02-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Great find!
good workaround but ideally arnova should fix it. i've raised a support email / ticket to arnova and let's see what comes back